Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

GRRRJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Just purchased and installed. I had hoped I would have received the “updated” set.

Install was not fun, but thanks everyone for the advice and videos! Did it without removing the fender. Or the fender rivers along the edge.

Just like others here I left my stock harness in its place, and ran the new harness in parallel with it.

Issues:
1. DRLs wouldn’t work, right after I installed them. They only worked if I remote start the car. That said, after driving around for 10 mins and switching drl on and off in Uconnect, they miraculously worked.

Everything then worked perfectly for my 20 min drive yesterday evening.

2. This morning though, drl worked, but 15 mins in to my drive the dash threw an error for the front turn signals. Started with the passenger side, and then again on the driver side. Cycled through the drl setting, and they both worked again briefly. Parked the car, and now both are working again.

Possible fixes:
My car did not have LEDs. So I am probably going to invest in a tazer as I would like to disable auto start stop + stop the fogs from switching off when I use the high beams. It seems like a reliable fix is to set the car for LED lights. Rather disappointed that Morimoto has yet to make this work properly... but i really rather not go through the hassle of removing and reinstalling the originals.

DDCF19E3-6E9E-458B-90F0-30B394131A27.jpeg
Sponsored

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Have any of the sport s people figured out how to get the white drl to light up? Mine works with the headlights, but I can only use the turn signal as a drl. If I set to fender with my flashcal then the side marker lights up but no white strip. I have some LED headlights coming and I really don't want to wire the halos until I figure out the white drl to match.

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Thanks for shilling your product quake, but this is a completely different application.

Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Anyone comment if the smoked side signals are worth the extra $70? Getting ready to bite on a set and just wanted to hear from folks that might have them. Thanks!

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone comment if the smoked side signals are worth the extra $70? Getting ready to bite on a set and just wanted to hear from folks that might have them. Thanks!
It’s a personal preference but I love the look and they work great
It's a personal preference but i love the look and they work great... posted a few shots with them on during day, off, and dusk... When off the look is very clean unlike the original oem halogen turns and side markers... I like it better with all of it looking the same color when off... Also, please note I am using the TazerJL to set the LED function unlike others who have been working with vendor on getting a correct set of wiring to make these work without intervention using a Tazer, Flashcal, etc... I still see others having issues getting a working set from the vendor with all of the proper wiring / resistor so just check ahead of time or look at other posts

IMG_6837.JPG

IMG_6495a.JPG

IMG_6777.JPG

Last edited:

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
It’s a personal preference but I love the look and they work great

It's a personal preference but i love the look and they work great... posted a few shots with them on during day, off, and dusk... When off the look is very clean unlike the original oem halogen turns and side markers... I like it better with all of it looking the same color when off...

IMG_6837.JPG

IMG_6495a.JPG

IMG_6777.JPG
Sold. They do look very clean. Thanks!

Also what LED Headlights do you have?

I guess my only other question would be if its worth buying a Tazer JL Mini to have around or just pay the dealer for the LED switch (my JLUR came with Halogens).

Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I personally felt that $70 is too much. I think they should be priced a little lower. Either way they look great and are nice and bright.

20190703_091253.jpg

20190703_091312.jpg

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Thanks. They do look good.

Are folks who are ordering now having the past issues that many early adopters had? I was planning to order directly through the company website so hope to get the “updated” version.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sold. They do look very clean. Thanks!

Also what LED Headlights do you have?

I guess my only other question would be if its worth buying a Tazer JL Mini to have around or just pay the dealer for the LED switch (my JLUR came with Halogens).
I am running the Quake Halos fog package... Here's a link to that forum page and i have several posts here on that product along with others:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...urn-signal-headlights-fog-lights.19922/page-5

As far as the Tazer it does way more than just a couple of functions... Here's a link to most of the functions and more have been added since this document was created as zAutomotive keeps on top of providing updates quite frequently... I can tell you when i asked the dealership how much to just flash for Led and Aux switches they wanted $75 per item and since I use the Tazer for several things the dealer would need to flash it more than paid for itself... Again, this is my personal preference and i went for the full TazerJL and not the mini... When I bought my Rubicon it didn't have aux switches, tow package, leds, etc. as it was the only one around my area i liked so i added them on... Now i would recommend to anyone that if possible get them installed ahead of time but then one of these Rubicons fully equiped now will run almost as much as a Gladiator Rubicon... In the long run i still saved quite a bit doing it myself and heck enjoyed doing it... I also use the Tazer to set my TPMS so i don't get warning lights when going on trails and air down... Again, Tazer isn't the only product out there that can do this but i found it a very easy product to use... As of a matter of fact I will be lifting my Jeep with Mopar lift and bigger tires in next few months so I will use the Tazer to update the computer with new tire sizes so the computer knows to set speedometer and other items accordingly...

https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLUserGuide1106.pdf

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I am running the Quake Halos fog package... Here's a link to that forum page and i have several posts here on that product along with others:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...urn-signal-headlights-fog-lights.19922/page-5

As far as the Tazer it does way more than just a couple of functions... Here's a link to most of the functions and more have been added since this document was created as zAutomotive keeps on top of providing updates quite frequently... I can tell you when i asked the dealership how much to just flash for Led and Aux switches they wanted $75 per item and since I use the Tazer for several things the dealer would need to flash it more than paid for itself... Again, this is my personal preference and i went for the full TazerJL and not the mini... When I bought my Rubicon it didn't have aux switches, tow package, leds, etc. as it was the only one around my area i liked so i added them on... Now i would recommend to anyone that if possible get them installed ahead of time but then one of these Rubicons fully equiped now will run almost as much as a Gladiator Rubicon... In the long run i still saved quite a bit doing it myself and heck enjoyed doing it... I also use the Tazer to set my TPMS so i don't get warning lights when going on trails and air down... Again, Tazer isn't the only product out there that can do this but i found it a very easy product to use... As of a matter of fact I will be lifting my Jeep with Mopar lift and bigger tires in next few months so I will use the Tazer to update the computer with new tire sizes so the computer knows to set speedometer and other items accordingly...

https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLUserGuide1106.pdf
Thank you. Makes sense. Awesome write up BTW.

Last edited:

yahuu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 2018
I just purchased morimoto lf510 and installed it on my Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2018 without the oem LED package and it works. Perhaps Morimoto made a change?
Sponsored