Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
Ah I gotcha, yeah I'm not 100% sure what component the white wire powers up for the Morimoto lights. According to the wiring diagram for the base lighting, the white wire pin is supposed to be for the front park lamp. The red wire pin is for the side marker control. I'm not too clear what the difference is between park and side marker lamp so I can't answer your question. However, I can definitely say the quick splice does work and is also less damaging to the wires :)
Perfect lol....then I will just take the path of least resistance and just use the Quick splice. Thanks again!!!
Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I tried reading this whole thread but taking too long. Question: I got mine installed last week (original was halogen) and now the turn signal lights stopped working and my dash shows turn signal out. The DRL have been working fine. If I use the tazer and set them to LED will they start working fine or is the tazer only for the jeeps that have the LED package already installed.
If you have Halogen as your original lighting package you will see the issues you stated... Then if you use the Tazer and switch to LED it will work without issue... I use Tazer for many things including this as i had the halogens...

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Update: the retro fit are sending me replacements next week that supposedly are updated version and shouldn't cause any issues. We'll see how that goes cuz having to spend $300 on a tazer to fix a badly made product is a little b.s. the retro fit should pull this product until they fully test these lights for over a month without any issues.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Update: the retro fit are sending me replacements next week that supposedly are updated version and shouldn't cause any issues. We'll see how that goes cuz having to spend $300 on a tazer to fix a badly made product is a little b.s. the retro fit should pull this product until they fully test these lights for over a month without any issues.
I agree with you... I had purchased mine during their initial roll-out and since i was already using Tazer for many other functions i didn't feel like waiting for them to come up with the fix that 2k2wranglerx worked with the vendor... I think the ones shipping now are supposed to be fully functional but using the tazer for me plus all the other options it provided just made more sense...

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I agree with you... I had purchased mine during their initial roll-out and since i was already using Tazer for many other functions i didn't feel like waiting for them to come up with the fix that 2k2wranglerx worked with the vendor... I think the ones shipping now are supposed to be fully functional but using the tazer for me plus all the other options it provided just made more sense...
Well I don't know if I really trust them in having fixed the issue because I ordered mine on May 10 and are bad. The rep at the retrofit said they have a new shipment that just arrived that are good but kind of hard to believe. Question for you on the tazer: does it have to be plugged in at all times or do you just set your program and then remove it.

Sponsored

JeepGirlSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Rubicon
Well I don't know if I really trust them in having fixed the issue because I ordered mine on May 10 and are bad. The rep at the retrofit said they have a new shipment that just arrived that are good but kind of hard to believe. Question for you on the tazer: does it have to be plugged in at all times or do you just set your program and then remove it.
You shouldn’t trust them. I just went through this with them. Gave them $200 deposit to ship out new “fully functional” lights and send my old non functioning ones back in. Guess what? New ones don’t work either! Still get lamp out errors and no turn signals. I will say that **when** they do work the sequentials work and the original lights never worked on sequential but that’s little consolation when they stop working all together for a day. This product shouldn’t be sold as is. Can’t believe they haven’t pulled it.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The tazer is set to most of the functions you want and pull it... if you left plugged in it will enable some functions that are/can be cool but not something that I would use often.

Here’s the one I have and I think in one of the forums here on tazer there may be a promo code. Anyway, this link will give you the breakdown between “vehicle” or “live” functions where “live” you leave it plugged in.

https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLUserGuide1110.pdf

I use mine in vehicle function (unplugged) for setting lights, aux switches, tire pressure, forward facing camera, and several other things. I have several postings on the forum on how I used the tazer.

Last edited:

Josht10

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon unlimited
Well add me to the list of non functioning drl. I ordered them on 5-24 after seeing some Instagram posts about the problem being fixed. Installed them Thursday night and had problems with the sequential turn function. No big deal, standard blinkers were good enough, I really just wanted to get rid of the stock halogens. Went for a drive this morning and got turn signal out notifications - both blinkers not working. Emailed TRS... I may have the dealership do the led switch, I’m A little worried about the Tazer and warranty.

Jeep Realtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland 4x4 2018 Chrysler Pacifica LimitEd S 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Realtor
Too bad these things don’t work properly. I really wanted to order the for my Gladiator Launch when it arrived.

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I tried reading this whole thread but taking too long. Question: I got mine installed last week (original was halogen) and now the turn signal lights stopped working and my dash shows turn signal out. The DRL have been working fine. If I use the tazer and set them to LED will they start working fine or is the tazer only for the jeeps that have the LED package already installed.
I set mine to LED and they work fine.

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Well add me to the list of non functioning drl. I ordered them on 5-24 after seeing some Instagram posts about the problem being fixed. Installed them Thursday night and had problems with the sequential turn function. No big deal, standard blinkers were good enough, I really just wanted to get rid of the stock halogens. Went for a drive this morning and got turn signal out notifications - both blinkers not working. Emailed TRS... I may have the dealership do the led switch, I’m A little worried about the Tazer and warranty.
The best part is yet to come lol. TRS is gonna make you pay for shipping to return a defective product!

SRP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This is from the note on the bottom of the guide: "So for the premium models the side marker needs to be powered off pin 4 not pin 1. This would fix the issue with the side marker not working at all."

Pin 1 is the red wire and Pin 4 is the white wire.

Unfortunately, I can't take a picture of the wires because it's all taped up with electrical tape. However, I was able to invoke my artistic skills in MS Paint to show you how I did it. Hopefully it's clear enough to understand. FYI I used gray for the white wire for visibility. I spliced the red and white wires using these quick splices. Just make sure you close off the other end of the red wire.

Capture.PNG

There are a few ways (probably better) to do this but this is how I did it. As for the hyperflashing issue, you'll have to install resistors. The Retrofit Source (where I ordered the lights from) sent them for free of charge. (see update below)

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any damage that may occur while performing the steps in this post.

UPDATE: I just installed the resistors I got from The Retrofit Source and they unfortunately did not fix the hyperflashing. Matter of fact, the DRL on the passenger side no longer works. This was the 3rd time I've taken apart the fenders to fix these lights. At this point, I'm probably gonna take em out and return em.

SRP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I may be in the minority here, but after more hours than I care to admit to, two sets of the “fixed” turn-signals and side markers, and a reflash done by the dealer, I still can’t get them to function properly. Really frustrating.

I put the OEM HID back in my JLUR and sending it all back to TRS. IMHO, these are not ready for prime time.

BTW, from the experience above, should you do decide to give them a try (and some do claim they work just fine) take the fenders off to do the work. Done it both ways, twice, and it’s way easier with them off.

On another note: If you’re looking to replace your headlights, the EVOs from Inspired Engineering look and work great. And they have remarkable customer service.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I may be in the minority here, but after more hours than I care to admit to, two sets of the “fixed” turn-signals and side markers, and a reflash done by the dealer, I still can’t get them to function properly. Really frustrating.

I put the OEM HID back in my JLUR and sending it all back to TRS. IMHO, these are not ready for prime time.

BTW, from the experience above, should you do decide to give them a try (and some do claim they work just fine) take the fenders off to do the work. Done it both ways, twice, and it’s way easier with them off.

On another note: If you’re looking to replace your headlights, the EVOs from Inspired Engineering look and work great. And they have remarkable customer service.
Yep, I ended up returning them as well. Too many bugs with it right now. Once they iron out the issues, I'll definitely get it.

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
Perfect lol....then I will just take the path of least resistance and just use the Quick splice. Thanks again!!!
I took my 2018 JLU w/$10K miles to the dealer yesterday and spoke the svc dept about the DW issues I'm seeing. They contacted me later in the day saying they were putting on the new track bar per the opened Star Case, and i got it back today. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with how easy they were to work with on this... was expecting some push back. Hopefully this fixes these issues.
Sponsored