Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

dbtran

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
My set works fine except I do get an error saying that the front signals are out. I have a Sahara with LED option.
Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
it sounds like we may have a solution to the random flashing. Working with them now on trying out a few things. I'll update as soon as i know more!
I really do hope they have a solution because they look very slick. I’ll wait for you guys to iron out the bugs first though lol.

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
The CEO of the company actually contacted me about trying some things. He was like "we tested several jeeps in different configurations before releasing these and never had an issue". lol. I could have sent mine back for a refund but i'd rather figure out how to make them work.

I have some resistors and diodes on the way. If this works they'll revise the harness i'm sure. I'll update as soon as i know if this worked. Diodes should be here tomorrow.

GraniteJLU

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I went to put my lights in and the brackets in the fender look different than the videos on this post. I can’t figure out how to remove the bracket to get to the DRL. I have a JHUS with the standard halogen, has anyone else see with a Sahara seen this? If so how any input on how that bracket comes out would be much appreciated, i really dont want to pull the fenders.

5E852B7C-298A-4F51-90F2-41D92FB95791.jpeg

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
I went to put my lights in and the brackets in the fender look different than the videos on this post. I can’t figure out how to remove the bracket to get to the DRL. I have a JHUS with the standard halogen, has anyone else see with a Sahara seen this? If so how any input on how that bracket comes out would be much appreciated, i really dont want to pull the fenders.

5E852B7C-298A-4F51-90F2-41D92FB95791.jpeg
So what is keeping that front "flap" from dropping is the plastic goes over the mount in the circle with the arrow pointing towards it.

You need to pop the first couple body mounts on the fender and pull it away from the body. this will give you enough wiggle/flex in the fender to be able to pull the plastic piece out from on top of that mount and then will allow the "flap" to swing down. allowing access to the mount

fl.jpeg

Sponsored

GraniteJLU

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So what is keeping that front "flap" from dropping is the plastic goes over the mount in the circle with the arrow pointing towards it.

You need to pop the first couple body mounts on the fender and pull it away from the body. this will give you enough wiggle/flex in the fender to be able to pull the plastic piece out from on top of that mount and then will allow the "flap" to swing down. allowing access to the mount

fl.jpeg
Ok great thanks, appreciate the help. Do those body mounts for the fender just pop out by pulling on them or is there an actual fastners that need unscrewed?

pdog75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
The CEO of the company actually contacted me about trying some things. He was like "we tested several jeeps in different configurations before releasing these and never had an issue". lol. I could have sent mine back for a refund but i'd rather figure out how to make them work.

I have some resistors and diodes on the way. If this works they'll revise the harness i'm sure. I'll update as soon as i know if this worked. Diodes should be here tomorrow.
Hey thank for doing this. I joined this forum just to follow this thread... I love the look of the turns if you can figure them out they have another customer!

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Ok great thanks, appreciate the help. Do those body mounts for the fender just pop out by pulling on them or is there an actual fastners that need unscrewed?
they're white. and if you take a pair of needle nose pliers and sneak them up behind the body seam you can pinch them and they pop right out.

They're sort of like an arrow with inverted wings. So once the tip goes in they can't go backwards. just a tiny bit of squeezing pressure is enough to allow you to pull back and they'll pop out.

Sponsored

Mr.Klean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I don’t know what the differences are between jeeps but I installed mine last week and they have been working like they should so far. I came from oem halogen that I had replaced the bulbs with led. I had already changed my turn signal settings to led with Tazer JL and left the drl setting for the driving lights to drop out when turn signals are being used. Sequential and drl have worked as they should.

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
I don’t know what the differences are between jeeps but I installed mine last week and they have been working like they should so far. I came from oem halogen that I had replaced the bulbs with led. I had already changed my turn signal settings to led with Tazer JL and left the drl setting for the driving lights to drop out when turn signals are being used. Sequential and drl have worked as they should.
It seems like if you have a tazer you're good.

talking with TRS though, they want these to work correctly without having to use a tazer or similar. My diodes should be in today so i'll know shortly if this fix works.