Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Harbor Freight sells the rivet tool and an assortment of rivets, that’s what I got.
Gregj
Sponsored

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here they are, gents. Tried attaching a video but apparently you can’t. They’re awesome! True plug-and-play (be sure to use the provider anti-flicker devices). It was definitely a royal pain in the ass to install these, and I went the flare-removal route. It was just easier for me.

Anyone know where to find replacement rivets?

68F4B84F-1394-420E-A3BC-30762DD55101.jpeg

025912AC-BC80-4DDD-B69C-767EA9220AA6.jpeg
Can confirm! Had a shop install mine yesterday (among a few other things). They hadn’t seen them before and were gushing over them. They look great.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Long time listener, first-time caller.
I am not confident based on the compatibility listed for the XB's.
The Amazon reviews are hit or miss with the quality of light, harness, wiring.
I am currently upgrading all exterior lights, and this is the last piece of the puzzle.
upload_2020-3-18_7-28-47.png

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
I am currently upgrading all exterior lights, and this is the last piece of the puzzle.
That is for the old model only. If you order the LF513 (the second gen model) that issue does not happen. I have a 2019 Sahara with OEM LED package and was nervous about the exact same thing; sounds like with the first gen, that was true. But I just installed mine (you can see the pics from earlier in the thread) and did not have to user a Tazer. They simply worked like they're supposed to from the get-go.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
these do not fit your flares. Must be Rubicon or Sahara flares.

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, does he have a Sport? My fault, didn't realize.
All good :like: Just wanted to point that out. I changed to Rubi flares on my sport and still considering doing these in the future. I see you have the Oculus. I installed them also - they work/look great...

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
All good :like: Just wanted to point that out. I changed to Rubi flares on my sport and still considering doing these in the future. I see you have the Oculus. I installed them also - they work/look great...
They're freaking amazing man. Wish the halo was "whiter" during the day but couldn't be happier with the overall product and quality.

Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
They're freaking amazing man. Wish the halo was "whiter" during the day but couldn't be happier with the overall product and quality.
I had to pull up my window sticker to verify the model. Kind of embarrassing, but reading 100's of posts, reviewing umpteen different items on the web, I end up confusing myself. Luckily, I have ordered headlights and taillights that are compatible with my vehicle. Ironically, I selected the correct model on the sites I ordered from.
I feel like a little kid with very expensive Legos.
I appreciate the help, and I am good with corrective criticism. I don't get all in my feelings.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
I had to pull up my window sticker to verify the model. Kind of embarrassing, but reading 100's of posts, reviewing umpteen different items on the web, I end up confusing myself. Luckily, I have ordered headlights and taillights that are compatible with my vehicle. Ironically, I selected the correct model on the sites I ordered from.
I feel like a little kid with very expensive Legos.
I appreciate the help, and I am good with corrective criticism. I don't get all in my feelings.
Glad to hear it. "I feel like a little kid with very expensive Legos;" such a great way to put it haha! What heads/tails did you end up going with?

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
One more quick question, now that I know what heck I drive.
Compatibility wise, Unlimited Sport vs Sport S, will they have items that do not match as well? Or, is it Sport S, USport, Rubi, all different?

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
One more quick question, now that I know what heck I drive.
Compatibility wise, Unlimited Sport vs Sport S, will they have items that do not match as well? Or, is it Sport S, USport, Rubi, all different?
Others can correct me but I'm fairly certain all Sport are one "model" as far as compatibility, and Sahara/Rubi are one "model." Now unlimited can obviously throw a wrench in things like tops, but as far as lighting is concerned, I believe that's the major bifurcation.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Glad to hear it. "I feel like a little kid with very expensive Legos;" such a great way to put it haha! What heads/tails did you end up going with?
Looks like I went the cheaper route, Kiwi Master. Nothing crazy, wanted to start slow.
Heads - Halo looks like a +. The link doesn't show the correct look. (I will find out later today when they arrive)
Tails - Smoke LED with 3rd Brake Light.
Both Amazon specials. Delivery dude shouldn't have any worries finding my house.
From reviews and what I've read online, they should work without a tazer. We will find out this weekend. (Now that I know I have a Sport, after looking at others that have installed both, it should work:fingerscrossed:)
I plan to go matte black, black as much as possible. Having the altitude package, I've already eliminated all chrome.
Sponsored