Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The harness is plug and play, yes. You simply remove the entire harness with the existing bulb connections and replace with the one that is attached to the new light assembly.

No issues, per say. I’d recommend not removing the fender if possible, as those clips to the body will likely break on you. I managed just fine without removing the fender, using a little extra pressure folding around the fender liner and such.

I will say tho I broke a couple of the Christmas tree plastic clip doohickeys, even using a trim removal tool. I purchased some prior to install knowing that would happen. I also had to drill through one of the plastic rivets at the front of the fender to properly remove the bracket holding the light assembly in place. No issues, but you have to be willing to pull on some plastic firmly to get a good space to work with if you chose to not entirely remove the fender and fender liner. The first install took me a little longer than the second as I was just figuring it out as I went. Really like them tho. Here is a quick video of the lights in action (note flickering in vid is just standard flickering when trying capture led on phone camera.)

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, the sequential looks great,
Sponsored

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does anyone know if Morimoto ever fixed the hyper flash issue? Their website did have a notice up until recently stating they were updating the circuitry to make them true plug and play and now that notice is gone.

UPDATE: I messaged the company for an update and they told me that they updated the wiring to fix the issue. Should be plug and play without a Tazer, now. Think I might give it a whirl and hope for the best.

Last edited:

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
Hey all, I wanted to share some success I’ve had! I took a gamble and ordered some led DRL fender light off of amazon. I asked a question previously if anyone had purchased them as an upgrade from standard halogen and had success without the need to reprogram using a tazer/flashcal. Well, to my surprise I ordered the light linked below and they worked perfectly as a direct replacement (using the included resistors) the lights are great! Cool smoked finished, sequential turns, DRL, the whole nine!! And they are cheaper than most anything else out there... you just need to find them when they’re in stock. There are several different sellers on amazon, but they are all selling the same Chinese made light. Here is link to a few places to purchase.

This is where I bought from, and there was a 10% off coupon too:

Akmties LED DRL Turn Signal Light Kit Somked Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2019(1 pair USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZF49K99/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2-GlEbJBR2N5X

but these are the same light...

BUNKER INDUST LED Daytime Running Lights with Sequential Turn Signal for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019 Fender JL DRL Turn Signal Wheel Eyebrow Light,Smoke Lens(USA Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDH7973/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_naHlEbJY8XC4R

Atubeix LED Fender JL light White DRL Amber turn signal lamp Front Wheel Eyebrow Light kit Fit for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2019(US Version,2PCS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW6TWPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ibHlEb8KJAWT6

there were some other sellers too...

All that said, I installed everything in about 2-2.5 hours without removing my fenders and it was an actual plug and play setup. I’ll attach photos/video shortly of what they look like installed. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up because my search is over, and I’m sure there are other interested.

Just placed an order to use them on my Sahara!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The harness is plug and play, yes. You simply remove the entire harness with the existing bulb connections and replace with the one that is attached to the new light assembly.

No issues, per say. I’d recommend not removing the fender if possible, as those clips to the body will likely break on you. I managed just fine without removing the fender, using a little extra pressure folding around the fender liner and such.

I will say tho I broke a couple of the Christmas tree plastic clip doohickeys, even using a trim removal tool. I purchased some prior to install knowing that would happen. I also had to drill through one of the plastic rivets at the front of the fender to properly remove the bracket holding the light assembly in place. No issues, but you have to be willing to pull on some plastic firmly to get a good space to work with if you chose to not entirely remove the fender and fender liner. The first install took me a little longer than the second as I was just figuring it out as I went. Really like them tho. Here is a quick video of the lights in action (note flickering in vid is just standard flickering when trying capture led on phone camera.)

Looks good. Do the DRLs stay on when headlights are on? Have a Sport S and recently replaced headlights and fogs to Oracle Oculus. Adding Rubicon fenders and looking for an LED DRL/Turn for fenders. Understand wiring for stock DRLs when installing on Sport has wiring issues. Hoping these would plug n play.

Thanks

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Just placed an order to use them on my Sahara!
Looks good. Do the DRLs stay on when headlights are on? Have a Sport S and recently replaced headlights and fogs to Oracle Oculus. Adding Rubicon fenders and looking for an LED DRL/Turn for fenders. Understand wiring for stock DRLs when installing on Sport has wiring issues. Hoping these would plug n play.

Thanks
Either of you get the XB's in and install them yet? It seems like there is such conflicting information; do you or do you not HAVE to use a Tazer to get the sequentials to properly work? FWIW I have a 2019 JLUS with halogen fenders. Are you replacing stock LED?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Either of you get the XB's in and install them yet? It seems like there is such conflicting information; do you or do you not HAVE to use a Tazer to get the sequentials to properly work? FWIW I have a 2019 JLUS with halogen fenders. Are you replacing stock LED?
I currently have Rubicon flares with Halogen and changed bulbs to LED only for now.

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Does anyone know at what point the wiring was fixed? Regardless, I have a tazer, but I bought mine last week, so I'm not sure if I'm safe with the new wiring, or if I'll need to use the tazer.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Does anyone know at what point the wiring was fixed? Regardless, I have a tazer, but I bought mine last week, so I'm not sure if I'm safe with the new wiring, or if I'll need to use the tazer.
Don't know if they have fixed them, I guess you can be the test subject and you already have a Tazer to fix them if they aren't plug and play. Post up your results so others may benefit.

Gregj

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Don't know if they have fixed them, I guess you can be the test subject and you already have a Tazer to fix them if they aren't plug and play. Post up your results so others may benefit.

Gregj
I hate to be that guy because I'm eyeing the XB's myself, but I agree with Greg. If I had the Tazers already I would just go ahead and order them and be the test subject. Would LOVE to hear some feedback on whether this is true plug-and-play now.

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I hate to be that guy because I'm eyeing the XB's myself, but I agree with Greg. If I had the Tazers already I would just go ahead and order them and be the test subject. Would LOVE to hear some feedback on whether this is true plug-and-play now.
So I reached out to the vendor, and they asked to check the part number on my box, LF510 or LF513, if you have LF513, you have the new/updated wiring for true plug n play.

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
So I reached out to the vendor, and they asked to check the part number on my box, LF510 or LF513, if you have LF513, you have the new/updated wiring for true plug n play.
And that's the part number I'm seeing directly on their website. Awesome, thank you!

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
And that's the part number I'm seeing directly on their website. Awesome, thank you!
Glad to help. Mine probably won't be installed until the end of the month (have a ton of parts coming in), so if someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll circle back and let everyone know how it went.

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ll probably be installing mid-month. I’ll report back here on results if someone else doesn’t get to it before me,

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
I’ll probably be installing mid-month. I’ll report back here on results if someone else doesn’t get to it before me,
Mine are coming in 2-3 days; if I get them before Sunday, I'll try to get them in this weekend and report back myself.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Here they are, gents. Tried attaching a video but apparently you can’t. They’re awesome! True plug-and-play (be sure to use the provider anti-flicker devices). It was definitely a royal pain in the ass to install these, and I went the flare-removal route. It was just easier for me.

Anyone know where to find replacement rivets?

68F4B84F-1394-420E-A3BC-30762DD55101.jpeg

025912AC-BC80-4DDD-B69C-767EA9220AA6.jpeg
Sponsored