Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
I have a Sport S and yesterday installed the Rubicon high fender flares and in addition installed the morimoto sequential lights. I just took this pic during the middle of the install to show the difference in the flares.

1. Rubicon ones are considerably higher.
2. The sport lights are about 1-2 inches shorter than both the rubicon halogens/LED lights (which is why you cant install these lights on it.)

A few things though. The installation only took about 1.5 hours for everything (which includes swapping out the halogens on the flares when i got them)

Everything works, except one of my sequential just blinks, while the other one works as advertised. Does this have anything to do with the F1 style connector I wonder?

I do have a Tazer JL ordered and should be here next week. (I was shipped a hellcat Tazer from Zautomotive this week when I clearly ordered a Tazer JL - big fail on their part. In fact, I paid for expedited shipping and they are closed this week so it wont ship until next week). I am hoping a flash will do the trick to get the other sequential turn working.

20181227_170138.jpg
Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did nobody watch my vid? Lol

It makes the led pulse. I show it in the video
If you leave the F1 style unplugged, do the turns still work?

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
If you leave the F1 style unplugged, do the turns still work?
I don't believe the pulse has anything to do with the turns.

right now mine are working fine on flash but aren't working 100% on progressive. We did a diode on the yellow wire and that got it ALMOST 100% there. We tried diodes on the others and it didn't help.

I just got some flash timers in and TRS is working with me on making the progressive turn go ALL the way accross.

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Ryan...waiting on pins and needles. Have you had any luck? I live relatively close to Atlanta and was considering making a trip up to visit those guys. Do you know if they do the installs as well? Didn't look like it.
If you have one doing what mine's doing they would probably be all about trying to help you out. Rather than having me do it over the phone lol.

i have a couple of timers that just came in. We are going to try those this weekend and see if that solves the problem. (fingers crossed)

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't believe the pulse has anything to do with the turns.

right now mine are working fine on flash but aren't working 100% on progressive. We did a diode on the yellow wire and that got it ALMOST 100% there. We tried diodes on the others and it didn't help.

I just got some flash timers in and TRS is working with me on making the progressive turn go ALL the way accross.

I am at work, so i dont have my instructions with me, but if you leave the sequential turn cables off, will it still blink regularly? I cannot remember the cables that i connected under there. I like the look more than anything and could deal with regular blinkers but not sure how to do that.

Sponsored

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
I am at work, so i dont have my instructions with me, but if you leave the sequential turn cables off, will it still blink regularly? I cannot remember the cables that i connected under there. I like the look more than anything and could deal with regular blinkers but not sure how to do that.
oh i thought you meant the F1 flash thing.

Mine work 100% with the sequential cables off. They work just like the OE LED's would... Here's a vid

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Mine work 100% with the sequential cables off. They work just like the OE LED's would... Here's a vid

Nice, thanks for that. The sequential is a nice feature, but i can do without them. Do you remember the wires to disconnect to just do regular blinkers instead?

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Nice, thanks for that. The sequential is a nice feature, but i can do without them. Do you remember the wires to disconnect to just do regular blinkers instead?
If i remember right it's everything disconnected lol. so the 2 connectors for F1 would be disconnected and the 2 for progressive would be disconnected.

And i agree. Not having progressive isn't the end of the world. These are still considerably cheaper than OE and they work without a flash or tazer as long as you don't want progressive.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
cool....i appreciate you...

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I have a Sport S and yesterday installed the Rubicon high fender flares and in addition installed the morimoto sequential lights. I just took this pic during the middle of the install to show the difference in the flares.

1. Rubicon ones are considerably higher.
2. The sport lights are about 1-2 inches shorter than both the rubicon halogens/LED lights (which is why you cant install these lights on it.)

A few things though. The installation only took about 1.5 hours for everything (which includes swapping out the halogens on the flares when i got them)

Everything works, except one of my sequential just blinks, while the other one works as advertised. Does this have anything to do with the F1 style connector I wonder?

I do have a Tazer JL ordered and should be here next week. (I was shipped a hellcat Tazer from Zautomotive this week when I clearly ordered a Tazer JL - big fail on their part. In fact, I paid for expedited shipping and they are closed this week so it wont ship until next week). I am hoping a flash will do the trick to get the other sequential turn working.

20181227_170138.jpg
I just did this exact same thing in my sport s. My sequential lights work great on both sides. No issues. The thing we don't get is DRL's, however they do come on with the headlights. I used a flashcal to set the turns to LED.

Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just did this exact same thing in my sport s. My sequential lights work great on both sides. No issues. The thing we don't get is DRL's, however they do come on with the headlights. I used a flashcal to set the turns to LED.
Did you plug in the F1 connectors, or leave them unplugged?

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also my LED dont seem as bright as the videos. Do you think it's just the flash that needs switched from halogen to led with the tazer to make them brighter?

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

So with both connectors disconnected, they work like regular blinkers. Does this mean the DRL’s don’t work yet?

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
So with both connectors disconnected, they work like regular blinkers. Does this mean the DRL’s don’t work yet?
I think I tried both with and without them plugged in. I can't remember the difference.

Sirois2018

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Grande Cherokee Overland, 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Finally got my morimoto sequential lights installed. I installed them and the worked fine however, after driving for a half hour or so they quit working. I went into the tazer menus and switched the front turn signal to LEDs and now the appear to worked great. Love them. I just hope the tazer adjust fixed them. Fingers crossed.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Sponsored