Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Others can correct me but I'm fairly certain all Sport are one "model" as far as compatibility, and Sahara/Rubi are one "model." Now unlimited can obviously throw a wrench in things like tops, but as far as lighting is concerned, I believe that's the major bifurcation.
That is already more help than my knowledge. I plan on shipping items back down the road. I am sure I will order something incorrect in the foreseeable future.
The first mod was a 13" antenna. Haha ... See, starting very slow.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Others can correct me but I'm fairly certain all Sport are one "model" as far as compatibility, and Sahara/Rubi are one "model." Now unlimited can obviously throw a wrench in things like tops, but as far as lighting is concerned, I believe that's the major bifurcation.
No expert here but IMO the issues seem to be mainly the DRL/Turn signal (flare lights). The Sport model (all levels) have a different light assembly then Sahara/Rubicon. The options you have for each will be different. Even if you swap your Sport flares (many folks do) there is wiring difference with Sahara/Rubi. @GrejJ in this thread seems to have a ton of knowledge in reference to lighting. Sorry Greg :)

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
No expert here but IMO the issues seem to be mainly the DRL/Turn signal (flare lights). The Sport model (all levels) have a different light assembly then Sahara/Rubicon. The options you have for each will be different. Even if you swap your Sport flares (many folks do) there is wiring difference with Sahara/Rubi. @GrejJ in this thread seems to have a ton of knowledge in reference to lighting. Sorry Greg :)
That is my only complaint. I do not like the fender flares at all. Touch to change out with the blinker location.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
That is already more help than my knowledge. I plan on shipping items back down the road. I am sure I will order something incorrect in the foreseeable future.
The first mod was a 13" antenna. Haha ... See, starting very slow.
Haha trust me, I'm the same way. My first two were weather liners and a 13" antenna, too. Once you get into it, it's just insanely fun to make this thing your own. I've replaced my heads, fogs, and fender lights, and will probably do the tails (Oracle's Black Series LED most likely) soon. I would offer my experience except I know my Sahara brings differences in what I've done. Still happy to help where you can't find it elsewhere.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
That is my only complaint. I do not like the fender flares at all. Touch to change out with the blinker location.
If you just change out Sport halogen for LED not to bad. Here is video

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
If you just change out Sport halogen for LED not to bad. Here is video

I actually really like the switchback option if you're going to keep the Sport fenders.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I actually really like the switchback option if you're going to keep the Sport fenders.
Interesting, Diode Dynamics shows a different bulb for the JL Sport. Here
Resistor on the same page to make it "ToPar9" idiot proof.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Interesting, Diode Dynamics shows a different bulb for the JL Sport. Here
Resistor on the same page to make it "ToPar9" idiot proof.
Yeah it's a much easier install than replacing the full housing unit, too.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Has anyone with a Sport installed these and done the additional wiring for the DRL and side-marker?? I've got time to kill at home right now lol

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Has anyone with a Sport installed these and done the additional wiring for the DRL and side-marker?? I've got time to kill at home right now lol
The MXB's? I don't believe they fit the sport fenders.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I had bought some Rubi fenders without lights and put these on already
If you get Sahara/Rubicon lights they plug right in, no wiring is needed. The Sport lights won’t fit in Rubi flares. Look in the Member Marketplace for lights. You will need to program the lights to work with a programmer.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
If you get Sahara/Rubicon lights they plug right in, no wiring is needed. The Sport lights won’t fit in Rubi flares. Look in the Member Marketplace for lights. You will need to program the lights to work with a programmer.
FWIW, the second generation MXB's do not require a Tazer/programmer. They are true plug-n-play with the Sahara/Rubi (not sure if Sport would be any different).
Sponsored