First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Am I reading this correctly? If I have the Jl Tazer I should be good?
Had mine installed for a month now without the “fix harness”, enabled the led turns through the tazer and have had no issues.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Am I reading this correctly? If I have the Jl Tazer I should be good?
Yes as long as you change the turns to be designated as led. I decided not to wait for the fix and just set the attribute using my tazer. Now I use my tazer for many things so this is something that others may not do as it is an added cost.

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
The new Quake Halo Headlights now come with a JL specific wire harness with the T-tap already installed for you so all you have to do really is plug and play... Rob at Quake has been working on this for sometime now trying to make the installation easier... So now you no longer have to find the proper wire from the engine compartment to tap... Again, let's be honest Jeep didn't make it easy to get to this connector anyway...

IMG_6740.JPG
arent these 7 inch retro fit lights and not the 9 inch that should be installed in a jl?

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
arent these 7 inch retro fit lights and not the 9 inch that should be installed in a jl?
Here's the forum on the Quake Halo's so you can get the most detail... These are a fully enclosed one piece metal unit and the lens is 7" but it puts out way more light than my original 9" halogens... I get compliments on them everywhere i go... I was considering waiting for the mopar but after buying the headlights / fogs it would have cost about $500 more...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/589772/

Attachments

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Add me to the list of sequential turn signals that don’t work right. Have to have the settings changed to led.
Gregj

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
So if I already have the LED package from the factory, these should work without tazer?

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
I’m about to order these, anyone know if there is a forum discount code?

Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
The lights arrived in the mail today and I went ahead and installed the passenger side. So far I'm liking the sequential effect but kinda disappointed that the DRL isn't as bright as OEM. Also the blinker indicator is blinking rapidly when it is activated as if the bulb is out. Noticed the side marker was out so could that be causing the rapid blinking? I'm done for the night and will be finishing it up tomorrow.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Add me to the list of sequential turn signals that don’t work right. Have to have the settings changed to led.
Gregj
How were you able to even fit the lights on a sport fender? Or did you install it on your Rubi?

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
The lights arrived in the mail today and I went ahead and installed the passenger side. So far I'm liking the sequential effect but kinda disappointed that the DRL isn't as bright as OEM. Also the blinker indicator is blinking rapidly when it is activated as if the bulb is out. Noticed the side marker was out so could that be causing the rapid blinking? I'm done for the night and will be finishing it up tomorrow.
Update: installed the driver's side. Now both DRLs seem to be as bright as OEM and dims when the headlights are on so that's good. The side marker still does not work and it is causing the blinker indicator to blink rapidly. Unplugged the side markers for now and the indicator blinks at a normal pace. Has anyone run into issues with the side markers not lighting up at all? What did you have to do in order to get them to work?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
How were you able to even fit the lights on a sport fender? Or did you install it on your Rubi?
They are installed in the wife’s Rubicon. I ordered paintable Rubicon fender flares for her’s and will inherit the black ones for my Sport. Don’t know if the DRL’s will work, will find out. May wire them to the auxiliary switches.

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Has anyone run into issues with the side markers not lighting up at all? What did you have to do in order to get them to work?
I just plugged the side marker lights into the harness that the original ones were plugged in to as you would expect. No additional steps necessary - they just worked. If you are sure they are plugged in correctly, then I suspect you just have a bad side marker unit.
Sponsored