Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU EcoDiesel First Drive Reviews and Performance Specs

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
A diesel is something that gets in your blood. It doesn't have to make sense. My Hellcat didn't make sense, Just the cost for the insurance is a reason to look the other way. It's about what you feel deep inside about what you drive. I own three diesels and if Harley made a diesel bike I would buy that too. There is NO reason to bash diesels. I would never buy a gas Wrangler unless it had a Hellcat motor but that's just me. If you think $3250 is a lot for the upgrade then don't look at a new Ram diesel. I could do everything I do with a gas Ram but that would not be any fun.

Always remember if you walk away from what you ride or drive and do not turn around to look at it you bought the wrong ride. Even if your on a horse.
Yep. Any Wrangler purchase is an irrational purchase. A boring minivan or a 35 mpg sedan would be a rational purchase.
I don't do off-roading much but I love the rugged and retro looks, the ability to roll the top down, take the doors out, and most important of all, my tween son loves it., and it is mandatory that I take him out for a spin every day at sunset.
I buy Wranglers because it gives me a little thrill whenever I step in it. I don't get that happy feeling in any so called SUV in the market. Years ago I had a manual stick FJ Cruiser. Loved that one too for the same reasons.
Sponsored

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Mine has been in the shop constantly since 180 miles for EGR related issues.
I got the P26FB today with 100 miles on the odometer. What was your fix for it?

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Any Wrangler purchase is an irrational purchase. A boring minivan or a 35 mpg sedan would be a rational purchase.
I don't do off-roading much but I love the rugged and retro looks, the ability to roll the top down, take the doors out, and most important of all, my tween son loves it., and it is mandatory that I take him out for a spin every day at sunset.
I buy Wranglers because it gives me a little thrill whenever I step in it. I don't get that happy feeling in any so called SUV in the market. Years ago I had a manual stick FJ Cruiser. Loved that one too for the same reasons.
I have seen a few here get the P26FB code. Others like myself have had no issues. I would love to know if it's there driving routes or luck of the draw. I drive 65 to 70% highway. If it done a regen I wouldn't know. My 3500 Ram has 53k and I have never notice it do a regen either.

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
I have seen a few here get the P26FB code. Others like myself have had no issues. I would love to know if it's there driving routes or luck of the draw. I drive 65 to 70% highway. If it done a regen I wouldn't know. My 3500 Ram has 53k and I have never notice it do a regen either.
possibly but why wouldn't they change out the EGR valve vs claim that there is some other calibration issue? Obviously its an issue with the hardware if it is reporting as such.

Sponsored

justinfrancisjudd

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
2022 0 issues here so far. Recall completed and love it. 5000 on it so far

IMG_2505.jpeg
Sponsored