1. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alejandro
    Vehicle(s):
    Dodge Durango RT
    Liked:
    Finance
    This threads on a Jeep forum about jeeps crack me up. Go put 37s on both equally built gasser and diesel then talk. Diesel might need 4:10s but that’s not happening on a gasser. Smaller teeth. Less reliability when it counts and where it counts. Diesel I’m guessing will still get better mileage for those who care which to some extent includes me but not the deciding factor.

Wranglers drag racing is hilarious. Perhaps in my youth. I raced everything except my wrangler. That dog was slower then a go cart.

2. maxmxa

maxmxa Active Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    The more I think about it the more it seems upgrading to diesel isn't worth it. The complexity of the emissions system, the higher cost of maintenance, the higher cost of operating and fewer reliable diesel engine mechanics. I wonder when we'll see the announcement for Electric Jeep.

3. Yellow_Rubi-can

Yellow_Rubi-can Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    4Runner
    Liked:
    The diesel is not truly released yet.. give it time, there will be ways to delete the crap emission systems!

The question you need to ask yourself is: will it be worth it to pay $58K for a brand new jeep and delete the emission systems and drive WITHOUT a warranty??

For me, it would be worth it!

NW_Jeep and Beestmode like this.
  4. maxmxa

maxmxa Active Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    True, it's not widely common on the Wrangler side, but it's been on the Ram trucks for a while now. Also, deleting the emission system makes the Jeep illegal to operate on the road and the dealers won't work on the Jeep if the equipment is bypassed.

5. Doug's 2020 Rubicon

First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Rubicon diesel
    Liked:
    And, here in Nevada, as I'm sure it is in other states, if you mess with the emissions, you can't pass a smog check and renew the registration. Sorry, folks, but the guvment got us by the you-know-whats there.
    Just drive it and enjoy it.

6. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alejandro
    Vehicle(s):
    Dodge Durango RT
    Liked:
    Finance
    Deleting emissions knowing it voids warranty on a $50k plus purchase seems crazy. :)