Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep® Offers Special-edition Wrangler Freedom Model for 2020 as a Tribute to U.S. Military
  • Wrangler Freedom edition honors U.S. military members, with military-themed exterior and interior design cues
  • Jeep® brand will make a $250 donation to the USO with every Wrangler Freedom edition sold
  • Special-edition vehicle is based on Wrangler Sport S and features unique exterior and interior content
  • Production for Wrangler Freedom model begins this month, starting with Firecracker Red, Bright White and Ocean Blue-painted editions for the first production run

Jeep JL JLU Wrangler Freedom Edition.jpeg

November 8, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is returning the Wrangler Freedom edition to the iconic SUV’s lineup. The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Freedom edition is a tribute to U.S. military members, with military-themed exterior and interior design cues. The Jeep brand will make a $250 donation to the United Service Organizations (USO) with every Wrangler Freedom edition sold.

“We are thrilled to bring the Wrangler Freedom model back to the Jeep lineup as a tribute to active and retired members of the U.S. military,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – North America. “The Jeep brand has a long military history and the new Wrangler Freedom model is a small, but important way we can honor those who have and continue to serve their country.”

This special-edition vehicle is based on the Wrangler Sport S and features unique exterior and interior content. Exterior features include an American flag placed above the Jeep brand logo on both the driver and passenger side near the front fenders, a new hard “Oscar Mike” badge - a military phrase that translates to “On the Move” - on the rear tailgate, as well as a large “Oscar Mike” military star decal on the hood, a black premium Sunrider soft-top with deep-tint rear windows, Satin Carbon-painted 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels with all-terrain tires and side steps.

Interior treatments on the Jeep Wrangler Freedom include McKinley black cloth seats with black leather bolsters, featuring Light Tungsten accent stitching, “Oscar Mike” embossed on the seat backs in Light Tungsten accent stitching, and on the steering wheel, doors, seats and front armrest.

The Wrangler Freedom Edition will first be offered in Firecracker Red, Bright White and Ocean Blue for the first production run with Black, Granite Crystal, Sting Gray, Billet, Punk’n, Hellayella and Bikini following shortly after.

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Freedom has an MSRP of $34,190 for the two-door model and $37,690 for the four-door version.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

More photos will be posted once available.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I wonder how many colors the Rubicon wheels will appear in before Jeep is done. I imagine we have to see bronze within the next 2 years.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
So “military themed” is code for “star sticker on hood”? How about some military colors like ODG or FDE? Maybe some more aggressive tires? Steel bumpers with winch? Jeep, how can I love you so much and be disappointed at the same time. Tisk tisk

Sponsored

chipbutty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non yet
In Canada we are, generally speaking, not as passionate about the military as you folks south of the border but it strikes me as extremely stingy of Jeep to trade on patriotism and military pride and donate a measly 250 bucks to the USO. Just my 2 cents.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like Jeep is now taking it's styling cues from ebay.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Editions,Editions...!!!

Go Jeep!!!

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
I think the problem here is that the marketing guy is a not a true, wrench turning Jeeper, no military service, and too young to really understand the culture. And you can't learn it in a class. I remember the video of the new Willys model and how excited the Jeep marketing guy was over the 4WD sticker on the back! Big deal there!

Anyway, enjoy Verteran's day, my military brethren! I'm an ex-USAF KC-135 Tanker Crew Chief....

Sponsored

Wolfff

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Safari
Occupation
MS Mechanical Engineering
Oh cool, so besides the seat stitching..
About $50 worth of stickers and trim decals from eBay?

And a free running board from our Pay-It-Forward section.

All good stuff!
Jeep® Offers Special-edition Wrangler Freedom Model for 2020 as a Tribute to U.S. Military
  • Wrangler Freedom edition honors U.S. military members, with military-themed exterior and interior design cues
  • Jeep® brand will make a $250 donation to the USO with every Wrangler Freedom edition sold
  • Special-edition vehicle is based on Wrangler Sport S and features unique exterior and interior content
  • Production for Wrangler Freedom model begins this month, starting with Firecracker Red, Bright White and Ocean Blue-painted editions for the first production run

Jeep JL JLU Wrangler Freedom Edition.jpeg

November 8, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is returning the Wrangler Freedom edition to the iconic SUV’s lineup. The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Freedom edition is a tribute to U.S. military members, with military-themed exterior and interior design cues. The Jeep brand will make a $250 donation to the United Service Organizations (USO) with every Wrangler Freedom edition sold.

“We are thrilled to bring the Wrangler Freedom model back to the Jeep lineup as a tribute to active and retired members of the U.S. military,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – North America. “The Jeep brand has a long military history and the new Wrangler Freedom model is a small, but important way we can honor those who have and continue to serve their country.”

This special-edition vehicle is based on the Wrangler Sport S and features unique exterior and interior content. Exterior features include an American flag placed above the Jeep brand logo on both the driver and passenger side near the front fenders, a new hard “Oscar Mike” badge - a military phrase that translates to “On the Move” - on the rear tailgate, as well as a large “Oscar Mike” military star decal on the hood, a black premium Sunrider soft-top with deep-tint rear windows, Satin Carbon-painted 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels with all-terrain tires and side steps.

Interior treatments on the Jeep Wrangler Freedom include McKinley black cloth seats with black leather bolsters, featuring Light Tungsten accent stitching, “Oscar Mike” embossed on the seat backs in Light Tungsten accent stitching, and on the steering wheel, doors, seats and front armrest.

The Wrangler Freedom Edition will first be offered in Firecracker Red, Bright White and Ocean Blue for the first production run with Black, Granite Crystal, Sting Gray, Billet, Punk’n, Hellayella and Bikini following shortly after.

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Freedom has an MSRP of $34,190 for the two-door model and $37,690 for the four-door version.
Dear FCA
Does it come as well with the loose steering ? A "Tight Steering Edition "would be a much better suggestion. FCA could advertise it like that: : " The tight steering edition comes with no play in the steering wheel. This edition will allow the driver to turn the steering wheel and the Wrangler will react. The Tight Steering Edition helps to drive a straight line and will allow the driver to stay in One Lane without constantly correcting. It will give the driver and the passengers the impression to drive in a safe vehicle instead."
This is just a suggestion. I would buy it immediately and it would be a 1000 % improvement to the 2019 JLU which I hate to drive every day.

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Dear FCA
Does it come as well with the loose steering ? A "Tight Steering Edition "would be a much better suggestion. FCA could advertise it like that: : " The tight steering edition comes with no play in the steering wheel. This edition will allow the driver to turn the steering wheel and the Wrangler will react. The Tight Steering Edition helps to drive a straight line and will allow the driver to stay in One Lane without constantly correcting. It will give the driver and the passengers the impression to drive in a safe vehicle instead."
This is just a suggestion. I would buy it immediately and it would be a 1000 % improvement to the 2019 JLU which I hate to drive every day.
I too would immediately go out and trade up to a Precise Steering edition, offering a drive to match the looks straight out of the factory with no aftermarket products required

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
Combine Willys and Freedom.

I saw one exec proudly explain the the Willys decal was a tribute to the original name stamped in the hood. Why not put a real stamp in the hood? They are doing that on truck tailgates etc... can't be that hard.

The seats on the new Dodge Ram military tribute editions have molle loops for cargo pouches and velco patches so that you can slap your real unit patches on the seats if you want.

Someone mentioned military style colors... like they are doing for the Ram with various colors themed to the services... like Gator and Black for the Army etc.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So “military themed” is code for “star sticker on hood”? How about some military colors like ODG or FDE? Maybe some more aggressive tires? Steel bumpers with winch? Jeep, how can I love you so much and be disappointed at the same time. Tisk tisk
At least they are making a $250 donation to the CSO. A green or tan would be appropriate and probably sell well.
Sponsored