Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door: Our Digital Preview!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
These renderings are not official FCA engineering drawings. They are just speculation and guesses. Asking questions about specific colors/details is pointless. They look great though. I love the proportions.

Brandon Grant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ
I had my heart set on black fenders but the color match fenders look so good in these renderings. Kind of reminds me of the front fenders on the FJ40.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 3.48.11 PM.png

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Will the Rubicon have a body color top standard? That would be great!
I doubt it, and I'll add, I hope not. The body color top is an additional charge. By making it standard the price of the Jeep goes even higher. I prefer the flat black roof and flares. But factory flares don't concern me too much. Most likely I will change them out. But if the high line flares with turn signals removed look good, I'll keep them and save some $. Assuming they come in flat black. :)

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
No billet silver here or in the 4 door renders. ??? I do believe it is listed as a color for 2018. I don't need to see it, I do know that is the color I will order with black roof and black flares. :)

Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
The Rubicon images have the top of the front fenders even with the bottom of the hood. While the other images show the front fenders an inch or so lower. Is this just a function of the renderings, or will the actual location of the front fenders differ based on models?
Rubicons have been spotted with the hi-line fenders versus the Sahara with the standard lower fenders.

See spy pics - http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...l-drops-major-camo-revealing-nearly-all.1364/

Laredo1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo, 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Looks absolutely great! I was never really a fan of the color matched fenders on the JK's and the earlier models, but I really like the way it looks in this rendering. I'd be hard pressed to find anything that is a major "turn off"! The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the new location of the license plate but I think that I can live with it. CAN NOT WAIT FOR ORDER BANKS TO OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Love that color match accent on the bumper! Getting a white JLU Rubicon and painting the accent red though. Glad the tow hooks are red as well. Some spy shots showed them in black and I wasn't a fan. Will the Rubicon have a body color top standard? That would be great!

This really looks incredible! The Jeep team did a fantastic job!
Why? That would lose a tremendous amount of buyers. Including me.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
The Rubicon images have the top of the front fenders even with the bottom of the hood. While the other images show the front fenders an inch or so lower. Is this just a function of the renderings, or will the actual location of the front fenders differ based on models?
Correct. You must have missed the "camo drop" thread the other day. From the spy's, it is seeming that the rubi will have the factory high flares.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Beautiful work. Would love to see billet and Granite. My two choices.

Sponsored

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
But that's not the image I have in mind, of solders in the field, standing around their trusty Jeep, with a map spread over the hood.
True Walt... reminds me of the intro to M*A*S*H where the wounded are being carried away from the choppers across the backs and hoods of old MBs.
As far as these renderings go... when I first saw the JLU I thought FCA had hit a home run... the JL? Grand Slam. Love it.

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
2017-Jeep-Wrangler-front.jpg
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-back.jpg
After seeing these JL renderings with the high fender flares... it reminded me of this concept Wrangler JK from a few years back. The flare placement looks very similar... and the hardtop? If the sides are removable on the JL hardtop maybe something like this is what we'll be seeing. Add in the freedom tops as two more separate pieces and you could store your hardtop anywhere.

Last edited:

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Do we know for sure where the Front "Jeep" logo will be placed? Or even if there will be one on the front?

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Do we know for sure where the Front "Jeep" logo will be placed? Or even if there will be one on the front?
Hoping the trash as it's lame.

Could be worse - they could add the letters 'wrangler' across the nose ala Ford Explorers

320.jpg

ripping off Land Rover Discos.
280px-2012_Land_Rover_Discovery_4_%28L319_MY12%29_TDV6_wagon_%282015-08-07%29_01.jpg

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Hoping the trash as it's lame.

Could be worse - they could add the letters 'wrangler' across the nose ala Ford Explorers

320.jpg

ripping off Land Rover Discos.
280px-2012_Land_Rover_Discovery_4_%28L319_MY12%29_TDV6_wagon_%282015-08-07%29_01.jpg
Agreed....I would prefer remove from the front and relocate to the side Panel.
Sponsored