danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
See on Jeep.com they now have the Islander and 80th anniversary on the build and price. Looks kinda lame for 80th anniversary just a couple badges.

To see their exact contents, see the JL Order Guides:

4-Door Order Guide
2-Door Order Guide

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler Islander and 80th Anniversary Editions on Jeep.com Build & Price jeep wrangler islander 80th anniversary editions
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

joz1911

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2, JLU
Looks like the 80th can equip with the Proximity Key but still not with the Altitude. :(

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
See they now have the Islander and 80th anniversary on the build and price. Looks kinda lame for 80th anniversary just a couple badges.
its just another flavor of vanilla. I am really starting to wonder what the differences are between 11 wrangler models for 2021. I’m thinking that it come down to the shape of the cup holder.

the 80th edition should immediately stand out. To me, is just yet another flavor of vanilla.

And the “islander” paint colors which should be testosterone killing bright are..... just the same 47 shades of grey like all the other models.

Last edited:

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I expected more from the anniversary edition like the 75th was it? Was that the one with the different colored steel bumpers?

When they say islander I just picture a bright blue Jeep with a white ragtop and a light interior. Some huge decals down the hood that screams beach living.

dietch

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
1) Does anyone think they will be adding more options for each model? Like the 80th doesn't even come with leather? I had the 70th anniversary and I thought it was extremely unique to get the army green leather interior.

2) Couldn't agree with @Dkretden any more, I don't know what consumer is sitting back thinking, "you know for 2022 I could really go for a higher altitude."

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I expected more from the anniversary edition like the 75th was it? Was that the one with the different colored steel bumpers?

When they say islander I just picture a bright blue Jeep with a white ragtop and a light interior. Some huge decals down the hood that screams beach living.
You mean “islander” doesn’t conjure up visions of 27 shades of grey In your mind? “Islander” doesn’t mean “the same as everything else just a different decal on the hood?” What are you? Some kind of “visionary” or something? This is the new Jeep: “any color you want as long as it’s grey”......

I cannot imagine (other than wanting to squeeze every last nickel of profit) why jeep would produce an Islander and an 80th and not give them each a couple of extra color choices that can only be selected on those two “special” models.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
1) Does anyone think they will be adding more options for each model? Like the 80th doesn't even come with leather? I had the 70th anniversary and I thought it was extremely unique to get the army green leather interior.

2) Couldn't agree with @Dkretden any more, I don't know what consumer is sitting back thinking, "you know for 2022 I could really go for a higher altitude."
I dont Want a Higher Altitude. I want a Willys High Altitude Rubicon Recon Sport. That will be a great model. It will have everything the same but the sticker on the hood will be HUGE. Chick magnet.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
The islander has blue stitching on the seats I think I noticed. They should carry the blue throughout like the hybrid is doing to be. Do a blue dash like the red rubicon one. Throw blue stitching on seats that say islander. White tow hooks. Maybe white badges. Offer it only in bright colors. Blues, mojito, yellow. It’s got to scream I live on an island and my doors and top are going to be off 90 percent of the time.

There is so much you can do with that theme. Sooooo much.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The islander has blue stitching on the seats I think I noticed. They should carry the blue throughout like the hybrid is doing to be. Do a blue dash like the red rubicon one. Throw blue stitching on seats that say islander. White tow hooks. Maybe white badges. Offer it only in bright colors. Blues, mojito, yellow. It’s got to scream I live on an island and my doors and top are going to be off 90 percent of the time.

There is so much you can do with that theme. Sooooo much.
totally agree with you. But jeep doesn’t. They apparently decided to offer it in the same colors and configurations and just put a different sticker on the hood. Very sad.

- it should come with the option of additional doors—- tube doors from mopar. Straight from the factory but in the cargo area (real doors on the vehicle at delivery to avoid any DOT issues).
-optional (and quite distasteful) color matched rims
- your optional dashboard option and toss in some white steering wheel option

why even bother to bring it back if it’s gonna look like everything else? Silly.

jeep is not doing itself any favors with 11 wrangler models and “special editions” that are differentiated by the shape of the cup holder.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
The Islander edition is dumb for 2021. Available colors are not very island-like.

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Could the problem be that all the marketing people making decisions were working from home and they didn't have coworkers around to them that they were making dumbass decisions?

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Think bolder colors are in the works but knowinf Jeep that will take another 7 months to see.
I agree if your going to bring back a vintage model like the Islander make it bold colors, and give it something to set it apart. Obviously the marketing experts at Jeep must be either all under 25 don’t even know what the original YJ Islander even looked like.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Think bolder colors are in the works but knowinf Jeep that will take another 7 months to see.
I agree if your going to bring back a vintage model like the Islander make it bold colors, and give it something to set it apart. Obviously the marketing experts at Jeep must be either all under 25 don’t even know what the original YJ Islander even looked like.
Nah. If they were under 25, the thing would look wild rather than just boring vanilla. More likely, the designers are all about 64 and don’t give a crap anymore as their department is hamstrung by accountants and lawyers and engineers all wanting to just say “no” to everything........
Sponsored