Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Cute that the lead-in photo is a JK. I can only say that I glad I bought my JLUR pre-COVID so that I did not have to deal with idiocy the dealers mutated into.

It amazes me the dealership model is still in effect after all these years...
Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Has anyone even verified the validity of that article? I have serious doubts myself. I just bought one of the "in demand" Jeeps, a 392 XR, off the dealer lot for MSRP.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Jeep Wranglers have always been expensive off the dealerships lot. Add in Covid-19 and supply chain issues and it's been the perfect storm.

The 2 door is #1 on the list because they make up a very small percentage of Wranglers being built at the factory. All the rare hard to get a hold of vehicles on the lots are the ones that have been commanding the highest premium. ie Bronco for example. Even if the reason was not a good one.

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
Jeep Wranglers have always been expensive off the dealerships lot. Add in Covid-19 and supply chain issues and it's been the perfect storm.

The 2 door is #1 on the list because they make up a very small percentage of Wranglers being built at the factory. All the rare hard to get a hold of vehicles on the lots are the ones that have been commanding the highest premium. ie Bronco for example. Even if the reason was not a good one.
One of the 3 local Jeep dealers in my area seems to only have 2 Doors on the lot. I drive by it all the time and they consistently have 6-9 2 door Wranglers and rarely have any new Unlimited models.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
One of the 3 local Jeep dealers in my area seems to only have 2 Doors on the lot. I drive by it all the time and they consistently have 6-9 2 door Wranglers and rarely have any new Unlimited models.
I mean in reality that makes sense because not a lot of people order 2 doors these days. I rarely see a 2 door on the lot by me. That's why I figured they're more rare. I guess it depends where you live. 🤷

Sponsored

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
I mean in reality that makes sense because not a lot of people order 2 doors these days. I rarely see a 2 door on the lot by me. That's why I figured they're more rare. I guess it depends where you live. 🤷
I haven’t checked the prices, could be that the dealer near me with surplus 2 doors is marking them way over MSRP

SoCalDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
To each their own but damn is it fast. Model Y is great for the family but the Rubi is gonna be fun for me.

If I were commuting every day of likely have 2 fully electric vehicles but since I work from home a Jeep just made sense. I've been wanting another ever since I got rid of my TJ more than 15 years ago.
Another vote for Tesla..I absolutely love mine. 3.5 troublefree years so far, and I still look forward to driving it.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Tesla, Tesla, Tesla
When the F did this forum become a Tesla forum ??
Cheapest new Tesla is now $48,490 for a rear wheel drive small sedan with only a 267 mile range which is if fully charged until fully depleted which you aren't allowed to do either.
-
I'm sorry, what am I missing here for the Tesla draw ? 🤔
-
And yeah, you need to order a Jeep from someone like Gupton and pay less than msrp or your an idiot anyways

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Important to note that these "iSeeCars" numbers that pop up every month are NOT actual sales data. They're just scraping online *listings*.

They're analyzing the price tags but do not have any actual sales data that factors in negotiations, etc.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Stealerships are going to go the way of dinosaurs so they are grabbing what they can. As more and more companies start up without dealerships there will be huge pressure on legacy manufacturers to do something about it.

Ford is trying to real things in but it is going to be a long tough road. Dealerships don't bring value to the ownership experience like they used to and no one likes going and buying a car.

Took me 5 minutes to configure my Tesla online and put my deposit down and about 15 minutes at the delivery center when I picked it up. All paperwork and transfers of money done electronically.

Hell when I ordered my Rubi last month it still took me over an hour and a half in the dealership and I knew 100% what inwas getting when I went in. Had to wait almost 3p minutes just to pay my 1k deposit.

In short Dealerships suck
Agree dealerships suck but I have bought 5 cars since 2020 and not spent more than 30 minutes in a dealership with anyone of them. I have financing and trade done when I walk in for pick up so it is just sign and go. When I bought my Jeep in March it took 20 minutes. I didn't trade in with them, had external financing, and told my salesperson to let finance know I didn't want any of their add ons. Basically signed odometer statement, title doc, and bill of sale then got the keys and left.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
So that means my $44K MSRP '22 JLUS could have cost me $53K instead of the $34K I paid?

Uhhhh, no thanks. What I paid was too much for what I received and the issues (and expense) I expect to have as it ages.

Hopefully all the people that were too lazy to do research and got hosed will prop up the resale value of all our rigs down the road.

I just thank God I found this forum which led me to Gupton for my Hella, then finding Carvana who vastly overpaying me for it 2 months later and then Gupton for hooking me up again a second time.

All that said, I do love this damn thing. The 2.0LT is sooo fun to drive, the non-stop compliments from the newly bred to the nearly dead still bewilder me and our dog loves riding in it. 🙂

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
The two door average was higher than the four-door even with the 392, 4Xe, Diesel and Sahara only in 4 door.
That’s a strong showing for the 2 Door.
The two door is higher because there's less available

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I seriously question the logic of ever, for ANY reason, paying over msrp for a depreciating asset. Over my entire life I’ve bought more than 40 NEW vehicles, and dozens of used. I have never even paid msrp, much less more than msrp. The dealer is making a chunk if you pay sticker, why would anyone willingly give away more $$$? I guess it’s a product of the whole “gotta have the latest /greatest NOW-some reasons folks que up to buy the latest new IPhone the day it’s released I guess, all the while knowing that 6 months later the same phone is available for hundreds less. When I bought my 20 Jeep it got it for just shy of $6k UNDER sticker. A fool and his money…..
Sponsored