Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

iSeeCars analyzed over 1.9 million new cars sold between July 1 and September 7, 2022, and compared their list price to their MSRP. The average difference was expressed as a percentage from MSRP and used to rank the vehicle models. Low-volume models and heavy-duty vehicles were excluded from further analysis.

"The vehicle with the greatest markup is the Jeep Wrangler, which is priced 24.4 percent or $8,433 over MSRP. It’s joined by its four-door version, the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and its pickup variant, the Jeep Gladiator. “As demand continues to exceed supply for these popular vehicles, dealers are adding market adjustments generally ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 on top of their MSRP, with markups being especially high for the V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392,” said Brauer. “The Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited are among the cars that hold their value best due to their ruggedness and enthusiastic fan base, which likely contributes to car buyers paying a premium for them amid their scarcity on new car lots.”"

Source: https://www.iseecars.com/new-cars-with-greatest-price-hikes-study#v=2022-09

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler is the Top Vehicle Priced Over MSRP -- Averaging 24.4% / $8,433 Above MSRP (as of September) screen-shot-2022-09-22-at-10-06-44-am-jpg-jpg-
Sponsored

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

iSeeCars analyzed over 1.9 million new cars sold between July 1 and September 7, 2022, and compared their list price to their MSRP. The average difference was expressed as a percentage from MSRP and used to rank the vehicle models. Low-volume models and heavy-duty vehicles were excluded from further analysis.

"The vehicle with the greatest markup is the Jeep Wrangler, which is priced 24.4 percent or $8,433 over MSRP. It’s joined by its four-door version, the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and its pickup variant, the Jeep Gladiator. “As demand continues to exceed supply for these popular vehicles, dealers are adding market adjustments generally ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 on top of their MSRP, with markups being especially high for the V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392,” said Brauer. “The Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited are among the cars that hold their value best due to their ruggedness and enthusiastic fan base, which likely contributes to car buyers paying a premium for them amid their scarcity on new car lots.”"

Source: https://www.iseecars.com/new-cars-with-greatest-price-hikes-study#v=2022-09

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler is the Top Vehicle Priced Over MSRP -- Averaging 24.4% / $8,433 Above MSRP (as of September) screen-shot-2022-09-22-at-10-06-44-am-jpg-jpg-
Stealerships are going to go the way of dinosaurs so they are grabbing what they can. As more and more companies start up without dealerships there will be huge pressure on legacy manufacturers to do something about it.

Ford is trying to real things in but it is going to be a long tough road. Dealerships don't bring value to the ownership experience like they used to and no one likes going and buying a car.

Took me 5 minutes to configure my Tesla online and put my deposit down and about 15 minutes at the delivery center when I picked it up. All paperwork and transfers of money done electronically.

Hell when I ordered my Rubi last month it still took me over an hour and a half in the dealership and I knew 100% what inwas getting when I went in. Had to wait almost 3p minutes just to pay my 1k deposit.

In short Dealerships suck

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I am getting 10% below MSRP using a dealer on Ratbert's Below Invoice pricing list. But if you are buying off the lot and not doing a factory order, you are at the mercy of the dealer...

Last edited:

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Stealerships are going to go the way of dinosaurs so they are grabbing what they can. As more and more companies start up without dealerships there will be huge pressure on legacy manufacturers to do something about it.

Ford is trying to real things in but it is going to be a long tough road. Dealerships don't bring value to the ownership experience like they used to and no one likes going and buying a car.

Took me 5 minutes to configure my Tesla online and put my deposit down and about 15 minutes at the delivery center when I picked it up. All paperwork and transfers of money done electronically.

Hell when I ordered my Rubi last month it still took me over an hour and a half in the dealership and I knew 100% what inwas getting when I went in. Had to wait almost 3p minutes just to pay my 1k deposit.

In short Dealerships suck
Tesla can bite me.
That's my intellectual response to losing dealerships. 🙃

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is great news....after you own your Jeep. 😎🗽🎸
Right.

The catch is, the same dealers that charge ADMs, are the ones that low ball you on your trade-in.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Tesla can bite me.
That's my intellectual response to losing dealerships. 🙃
To each their own but damn is it fast. Model Y is great for the family but the Rubi is gonna be fun for me.

If I were commuting every day of likely have 2 fully electric vehicles but since I work from home a Jeep just made sense. I've been wanting another ever since I got rid of my TJ more than 15 years ago.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
To each their own but damn is it fast. Model Y is great for the family but the Rubi is gonna be fun for me.

If I were commuting every day of likely have 2 fully electric vehicles but since I work from home a Jeep just made sense. I've been wanting another ever since I got rid of my TJ more than 15 years ago.
I also have a Tesla. Yeah, it is fast but it also is pretty shoddy in terms of quality. The lack of dealerships so far has been a net positive though. I make a claim on the app, they give me an appointment and either come to my house to fix it, or I drop it off with a loaner.
The Jeep dealer on the other hand is a unmitigated dumpster fire.

I wish Jeep, or maybe Ineos (since I cannot imagine buying another Jeep in Europe given how much Jeep tries to F you over here), would make a hybrid the way that the new Honda is set up.
The ICE engine is used to power a generator for city driving. Electric motors always drive the wheels. This way, the ICE stays in its most efficient range and lets the the electric motors do what they do best... start and stop.
Then at steady speeds the ICE engine is connected to the drive and takes over since it is way more efficient at higher steady speeds than an electric motor.
I think such an approach is more suitable to way humans use a car. At least until batteries get a lot better.

Sponsored

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

I also have a Tesla. Yeah, it is fast but it also is pretty shoddy in terms of quality. The lack of dealerships so far has been a net positive though. I make a claim on the app, they give me an appointment and either come to my house to fix it, or I drop it off with a loaner.
The Jeep dealer on the other hand is a unmitigated dumpster fire.

I wish Jeep, or maybe Ineos (since I cannot imagine buying another Jeep in Europe given how much Jeep tries to F you over here), would make a hybrid the way that the new Honda is set up.
The ICE engine is used to power a generator for city driving. Electric motors always drive the wheels. This way, the ICE stays in its most efficient range and lets the the electric motors do what they do best... start and stop.
Then at steady speeds the ICE engine is connected to the drive and takes over since it is way more efficient at higher steady speeds than an electric motor.
I think such an approach is more suitable to way humans use a car. At least until batteries get a lot better.
I haven't had any issues yet with quality but I've only had it a few months. It's not a nice s some other cars but it's still pretty good from what I have seen. Form and fit has continued to improve.

Interesting hybrid concept on that vehicle might need to look into it more.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The two door average was higher than the four-door even with the 392, 4Xe, Diesel and Sahara only in 4 door.
That’s a strong showing for the 2 Door.

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Stealerships are going to go the way of dinosaurs so they are grabbing what they can. As more and more companies start up without dealerships there will be huge pressure on legacy manufacturers to do something about it....

Took me 5 minutes to configure my Tesla online and put my deposit down and about 15 minutes at the delivery center when I picked it up. All paperwork and transfers of money done electronically...

...In short Dealerships suck
It's all well and good when looking at ONLY the buying process. When you need service and a sympathetic set of eyes to look at a questionable warranty claim, that won't be handled by a video chat or web portal. I've been on the Tesla side; sales rock but for service, if you can even get scheduled a few months later, sucks; that's not even mentioning Tesla parts so I didn't have an option to fix their crap myself. Be careful what you wish for.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
this must apply more to on the lot sales vs ordering. So many dealerships are selling ordered vehicles at or well below msrp. if you can wait, order. if you can't, that sucks.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

It's all well and good when looking at ONLY the buying process. When you need service and a sympathetic set of eyes to look at a questionable warranty claim, that won't be handled by a video chat or web portal. I've been on the Tesla side; sales rock but for service, if you can even get scheduled a few months later, sucks; that's not even mentioning Tesla parts so I didn't have an option to fix their crap myself. Be careful what you wish for.
Yeah great point about service centers. Tesla is severely under represented with service centers right now.

The good thing about legacy vehicles is there are a ton of independent shops that can reliably work on them although warranty issues are a different story hopefully you have a good service center at your dealership.
Sponsored