Sponsored

Jeep (Wrangler) is just a cluster....

PWMDMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The Jeep brand (Ram too) under FCA has to be the saddest brand in the automotive world. An automotive icon, successful niche player with solid sales, great resale (this may be short lived) with a dedicated customer based who can’t design and engineer a safe steering system and let’s face it just too many quality control issues. The Wrangler is the model Jeep REALLY needed to get right from the start as it is the Jeep brand.

I’m not surprised since every FCA product is a piece of shite - Jeep’s (Ram’s) only really hope is to be split-off as a separate company with different management but since Jeep is the only brand making money for FCA it will never happen. Jeep’s problems are their manage which unfortunately permeates every aspect of the brand.

As someone who would love a Wrangler I can say the issues with the Wrangler are well-known when speaking with friends - the general consensus is to stay away. It doesn’t take too long of looking on the web to see those recommendations are well-founded. Let’s hope RAM and Jeep somehow are allowed to prosper under different management sometime in the future.
Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The Jeep brand (Ram too) under FCA has to be the saddest brand in the automotive world. An automotive icon, successful niche player with solid sales, great resale (this may be short lived) with a dedicated customer based who can’t design and engineer a safe steering system and let’s face it just too many quality control issues. The Wrangler is the model Jeep REALLY needed to get right from the start as it is the Jeep brand.

I’m not surprised since every FCA product is a piece of shite - Jeep’s (Ram’s) only really hope is to be split-off as a separate company with different management but since Jeep is the only brand making money for FCA it will never happen. Jeep’s problems are their manage which unfortunately permeates every aspect of the brand.

As someone who would love a Wrangler I can say the issues with the Wrangler are well-known when speaking with friends - the general consensus is to stay away. It doesn’t take too long of looking on the web to see those recommendations are well-founded. Let’s hope RAM and Jeep somehow are allowed to prosper under different management sometime in the future.

Cool story.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
In Kentucky we always say, "thank god there's Mississippi."

FCA----if you can't be good, then at least find something worst to compare yourself to. Where's a Yugo when you need one?

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Don't marry one thinking it will change, regardless of management. She will mistreat you over and over.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Have you contacted Jeep Cares?

Im seeing new JLs everywhere i look now. They are selling like the crack cocaine epidemic here in LA. I see new Rams everywhere as well. Those poor fools!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Sounds like OP got a little sand in his hoo hoo. Try this.....

6E269043-A7CE-49ED-B230-069C0BEEC1C7.jpeg

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
As George Carlin put it years ago..."Whoever quoted the phrase, "buyers beware", was probably bleeding from the asshole"....:)

Sponsored

OP
OP

PWMDMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Have you contacted Jeep Cares?

Im seeing new JLs everywhere i look now. They are selling like the crack cocaine epidemic here in LA. I see new Rams everywhere as well. Those poor fools!
Yup...the fact that FCA can design and build garbage all while providing substandard sales and service experiences and people keep on buying this crap is absolute proof most people are morons. Unfortunately, the free market falters when the average consumer is brain dead and can't make a half-decent decision in spite of the facts presented to them.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Yup...the fact that FCA can design and build garbage all while providing substandard sales and service experiences and people keep on buying this crap is absolute proof most people are morons. Unfortunately, the free market falters when the average consumer is brain dead and can't make a half-decent decision in spite of the facts presented to them.
E0C7880D-04D0-4C86-B59E-74E6C8F5776E.jpeg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Go buy a Acura MDX as the steering is nice and it matches all the other moms at the mall.....

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I don’t remember subscribing to Consumer Reports.... but you’re not wrong either. Lol
Sponsored