Sponsored

SQTowelie

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Jeep Rubicon 4xe by 6/10
I may be callous but if people cannot take a few hours to find forums like this or social media groups to locate good deals I do not have much sympathy.

I contacted most of the dealers in our local area and none were willing to budge off msrp (except for 1,000 off a demo with a few thousand miles on it). We ended up using a wonderful dealer 1.5 hours away at the referral of others here. It was not the most convenient location and we had to wait for order to be built but it was worth it to us.

Since then, multiple friends and family have asked about the deal and the work it took to get the deal, and none of them wanted to take the time or effort to do the same thing. They happily paid more for an assortment of vehicles.
Yeah, I spent weeks trying to find dealerships that would make a deal on other vehicles, before realizing they weren't budging. But neither was I! So I found this forum and got into a great lease deal. Just sucks waiting for this jeep to be built. But a lot of people wouldn't have gone through what I do. I'm obsessive when it comes to certain things and I'm not paying more than I need to be.
Sponsored

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
join tread lightly - find dealer that accepts it - order your Jeep and be patient. Why people rush these days to buy over sticker - who knows. - more money than brains? I don't know....that's why dealers think they're doing you a favor - and not the other way around.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
You think dealers are screwing people on new ones, I spit out my drink when I saw this gem a bit ago.

Dealer has a 20 year old Wrangler, 2 door, soft top, manual transmission, crank up windows

It has had 8 owners, been in 1 accident and has 152,000 miles. It stickered new 20 YEARS AGO at $20,260

Take a guess what they are asking.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler is #1 Most Price Marked Up Vehicle (Over MSRP) 20220331_122145

They even had the stones to show pics of the tires...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler is #1 Most Price Marked Up Vehicle (Over MSRP) 20220331_123300

Selling a vehicle with tires like that has to be illegal????

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Probably takes into account leases where people have no idea what the actual price is. Given residuals on these you could mark them up pretty good and get a decent payment.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
In reality the Maverick has had giant amounts of demand, I've heard from people they are marking them up $10k over in California, Mavericks MSRP between $20-35k generally, so thats a 30%+ markup in some cases. On the Wrangler side, they really havent been making many of them so the supply is getting pretty thin. Nobody really orders 2 doors, so the rare occasion that one is out there for sale, its because its a unicorn.

The thing thats happened in the last year, manufacturers are moving invoice price closer to MSRP, the Maverick has a very slim profit margin on them so they have to be marked up to make something on it. The worst one is the Mach-e, we had one that the invoice was $10 over MSRP. I sold a new Jeep Grand Wagoneer a couple weeks ago, invoice was $104k vs $107k MSRP, i get 12% of the difference so its not an exciting ordeal to even sell one of those at sticker for the amount of "Premium Delivery" work that needs to be done to facilitate the sale.

Manufacturers are changing the market right now, so the reality of 12% below msrp or invoice going into the future are going to be non-existant and the best discount you can get is buying at sticker. Really, I hate the back and forth game just as much as all of you do. If they remove the mystery from pricing and people actually believe it to be true one day, is going to change the way business is transacted. They really want to go to an online order and pick it up at the store structure now too. The part that is going to get hard is most people are used to driving and seeing a car in person before buying it, they are trying to make that go away.

Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
A fool and their money are soon separated. Plenty of great forum dealers/sponsors offering reasonable deals for a bit of time and research.

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
In December I paid 9.3% below MSRP...

And just this last week I put an offer (that was accepted) on a condo that was several thousand under listing... but most in the area are going for several thousand over... total bidding war.

Even in times like these, deals can be found.
Yes, but you have to like "a tree full of owls" to snag one. Good hunting everyone.

Deleted member 59098

Glad I bought my 2 door November of 2020 at MSRP. Deep in covid, flew to WA from SFO and took a shuttle out to a tiny dealership on one of those islands. Kind of memorable auto purchase experience. I wouldn't buy anything new or used now.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
And this whole time I thought Bronco's had bigger markups...go figure!
You're right, I've personally seen Bronco's marked up $20-30k...much higher than anything on that list.

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I contacted most of the dealers in our local area and none were willing to budge off msrp (except for 1,000 off a demo with a few thousand miles on it). We ended up using a wonderful dealer 1.5 hours away at the referral of others here. It was not the most convenient location and we had to wait for order to be built but it was worth it to us.
Last year I contacted every dealer in the state (Hawaii) and none of them would sell below MSRP. I picked up my 2021 JLR in Spokane for 5% below MSRP and didn't need to rent a vehicle for the summer. Shipped it to Hawaii for far less than the Hawaii premium. I can sell my 2021 JLR for more than I paid for it.

I just ordered a 2022 JLUR from the same dealer, same discount. Now every HI dealer want's $10K over MSRP. I took the following pic when I was at the dealer getting my free oil change. Red box is mine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler is #1 Most Price Marked Up Vehicle (Over MSRP) 2022-02-28 15.17.08

PeterG7

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I wonder if this includes new Jeeps that have been customized with dealer installs like suspension, wheels, etc.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
As much as like the 392, it’s a gross 4 door. I would order another 2 door, with 4.88 6 speed and half doors. Probably go sarge green and tan leather seats.
I'm stuck with buying a 4 door!

Dog tag Jeep.jpg

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I’m going with “skewed data” once again, just like with most of these analysis provide…
Sponsored