Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
As a former Bronco reservation holder there is more here than what meets the eye.

Most Bronco orders were fulfilled on the reservation system at MSRP which was what Ford advertised and are listed on the dealer websites as being available dealer stock. Call on them and you will be told they are reserved.

That’s the direct opposite of the actual dealer stock which on average has a $20,000 mark up.

Couple that with the fact that there is an extremely low volume of Broncos being produced compared to Wrangler’s and it’s easy to see it’s not an apples to apples comparison.

As far as fan boys go, say what you want, but people on this forum are far less obnoxious than the people on the Bronco 6 G forum.

edit.
As a side note I paid invoice last year for my Jeep which was listed above MSRP.

The Bronco is a new vehicle so the forums are flooded with casual fans. Same thing happened with this forum back when the JL was released. I still have inbox PMs of people telling me I'm an idiot for wanting a Rubicon while living in Ohio. People are idiots and will follow the masses anywhere. Give it a few years and the 4Runner will be coming out. The Toyota forums will be busting at the seams with people trying to get in on the latest craze and the Bronco forum will be a ghost town minus the enthusiasts just like here.
Sponsored

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
In Southern California you would be hard pressed to find one below MSRP BUT it's doable with a bit of phone work and patience. We purchased two Rubicon 4xe's a week apart of each other. It was painful spending a couple weeks on the phones back and forth. Roughly 20 dealerships, 200 miles out, we got one for 2% below MSRP and the other for 3% below MSRP. Both on the lot Jeeps.

The issues I ran with were inventory. You just cant find Rubicon's on the lot and if you did they were with a markup.

One dealership stood out as the worst by far (Bravo Chrysler Jeep in Alhambra). I was skeptical when they said they have 4 models on the lot. It all made sense once he said they require a credit check just to talk numbers over the phone AND TO TEST DRIVE!. Yes a credit check to test drive.

Redlands Jeep spent an hour spam texting me on why their $10k markup Rubicon is such a steal and that I wouldn't find one anywhere for that price.

But.... apparently they are selling above MSRP like hot cakes. One dealer had received two and they were both sold the following day at apparently over MSRP according to the dealer. I'm not sure if they were lying or what.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I wonder if this includes new Jeeps that have been customized with dealer installs like suspension, wheels, etc.
If you're asking about the Hawaii Jeeps, no, bone stock. That's on all the Jeeps here. Hotter models might be even more.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
iSeeCars has analyzed 1.2 million vehicle listings from February to March and listed which vehicles currently have the highest dealer price markups.

The Wrangler 2-Door is #1 at 26.7% above MSRP.
The Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door is #4 at 22.9% above MSRP.
On average, new cars are listed for 9.9% above MSRP.

sage-editor_1648665679831-mostmarked-upnewcars-jpg.jpg
I people will pay the price, they will continue to keep prices high. Only go to dealerships that will give good prices. It probably will not help, but if people stop buying they will lower prices.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Interesting, considering all I ever read is that the 2-door Wrangler has a lower resale value than the 4-door, lol.

I could care less about resale, inasmuch that I’m a 2-door Wrangler guy; however, I still find the info amusing.

BTW, I’ve never personally had a problem/issue (poor resale value) trading in or selling any one of my 2-door Wranglers - for the record.

Cheers all/B
I sold my 2020 Sport, just a basic Sport on Carvana for $39,110. I paid 34,340 in December of 2020 for it. The only thing special about is that it was a manual transmission. Not a bad resale value for a 2 year old Jeep with 12.478 miles on it.

Sponsored

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
iSeeCars has analyzed 1.2 million vehicle listings from February to March and listed which vehicles currently have the highest dealer price markups.

The Wrangler 2-Door is #1 at 26.7% above MSRP.
The Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door is #4 at 22.9% above MSRP.
On average, new cars are listed for 9.9% above MSRP.

sage-editor_1648665679831-mostmarked-upnewcars-jpg.jpg
They must not have looked at G Wagons in Los Angeles area. $100,000 over sticker.

Super

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, 2022 JL
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbors is anJeep salesperson and he said $7,000 over msrp is what they’re getting.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Ordered a 22 JLR on 3-25 at 6% below MSRP have to finance with them and re-join Tread-Lightly.

Curious Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I purchased my new '21 Jeep JL off the lot on March 17th of this year. The dealer advertised an online price of MSRP minus an $895 discount for members of the military, law enforcement, or first responders. I don't fall into any of those categories. After a short bargaining session, they agreed to give me the discount anyway.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I purchased my new '21 Jeep JL off the lot on March 17th of this year. The dealer advertised an online price of MSRP minus an $895 discount for members of the military, law enforcement, or first responders. I don't fall into any of those categories. After a short bargaining session, they agreed to give me the discount anyway.
In most parts of the country it's incredibly rare to find a new Wrangler on a lot. A '21 that hadn't sold is really weird.

Sponsored

Gaspare

First Name
Gaspare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP JL RUBICON EXTREM RECON
And to think you can order one for 5% below invoice. Pretty crazy numbers.
Jan of this year I bought a new Jeep JL rubicon with a extrem recon package $4,400 below sticker. I never believe in paying a penny over sticker.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yeah, I'll ride a damn pogo stick 20 miles to work before I ever pay over suggested retail for anything.
I could not possibly agree more. I see people here and on other sites BRAGGING about paying MSRP like they really beat up the dealer. This is pure unadulterated greed and the dealers are loving it. On the Honda Passport forum (my wife's) people are very happy to pay MSRP on the same model a year ago I got 10% off MSRP and could have got more.

This worm will turn. I always advise people to remember who these thieves are when it does and pass them by when they are begging for sales.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD