Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler Hardtop Wiring Conversion Kit (82215312AB)

Hartdt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
I am adding a hard top to my OE "soft top" only Wrangler JL shortly. Got some good help from some of the folks on this forum in regard to identifying the required additional hardware in order to install the top. My next question is this...what all comes with hard top wiring conversion kit (Mopar Part # 82215312AB)? The websites I have located the kit on seem fairly vague on the included equipment. I assuming wiring for the rear wiper and hopefully a replacement steering column stalk with which to activate the wiper comes with the kit. Any ideas if the tubing and plumbing fittings for the wiper wash fluid system is included as well? Looking to install myself so would be grateful for links to videos or guidance on the installation process as well.

Looks like a similar kits has been available for the JK models as well. Just may have updated the part #s.

Regards,

David
Sponsored

the_weekender

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
I am adding a hard top to my OE "soft top" only Wrangler JL shortly. Got some good help from some of the folks on this forum in regard to identifying the required additional hardware in order to install the top. My next question is this...what all comes with hard top wiring conversion kit (Mopar Part # 82215312AB)? The websites I have located the kit on seem fairly vague on the included equipment. I assuming wiring for the rear wiper and hopefully a replacement steering column stalk with which to activate the wiper comes with the kit. Any ideas if the tubing and plumbing fittings for the wiper wash fluid system is included as well? Looking to install myself so would be grateful for links to videos or guidance on the installation process as well.

Looks like a similar kits has been available for the JK models as well. Just may have updated the part #s.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Hope this helps

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...o-for-the-rear-wiper.17908/page-2#post-469283

Enjoy
- Dan

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I had the dealer do mine on my JKU because it is a quite extensive installation and also requires dealership to flash the BCM. This is why I strongly recommend everyone to get the hard top from the factory to save $$$. Even if you don't want the hard top. It's easy to find/install a soft top later.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I did the deed on a 2dr. JK a few years back. Did it outside in the Florida sun.. Was quite the project but I got it done.

At completion of that install, I said never again will I do that. 8-)

Sponsored

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
I had my dealer do this on my JLUS. They quoted 3 hours of labor, as they haven't done a JL yet but that is what the JK was. Well they said its much more involved then the JK and kept it over the weekend and I kept the loaner, (was a 1:00 Appt on a Friday) and finished it Monday. I think it ended up being closer to 6-7 hours. Luckily still only paid for 2.5 hrs.

SubZero_JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Military