Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler Diesel Gets Canceled in 2022??

WIll they keep the diesel?

• Total voters

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
If they cancel the EcoDiesel for Wranglers, our 3.0Ls value will shoot up to the moon. ;)
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
If they cancel the EcoDiesel for Wranglers, our 3.0Ls value will shoot up to the moon. ;)
Not if more issues keep happening with these engines.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

This site is used as an aid for diesel owners not trolls like yourself making negative comments that don't even own a diesel. We share experience based on our ownership you comment merely based off of hearsay. The majority of us EcoDiesel Wrangler owners are not only proud of our purchase but enjoy every minute of our ownership. Every auto manufacturer every powertrain has its problems. That includes your gasser. I think you stay on this site just as a way to justify your complacency on not purchasing a diesel in the first place. My sympathy goes out to you if you ever got behind the wheel of a diesel. I can understand the regret you must have.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This site is used as an aid for diesel owners not trolls like yourself making negative comments that don't even own a diesel. We share experience based on our ownership you comment merely based off of hearsay. The majority of us EcoDiesel Wrangler owners are not only proud of our purchase but enjoy every minute of our ownership. Every auto manufacturer every powertrain has its problems. That includes your gasser. I think you stay on this site just as a way to justify your complacency on not purchasing a diesel in the first place. My sympathy goes out to you if you ever got behind the wheel of a diesel. I can understand the regret you must have.
They didnt offer the diesel, when I purchased mine, if you bothered to see what I drive. I do, in fact, own a diesel pickup, and have owned a diesel truck for approx 22 yrs. So, I do know a little about the pros and cons of older vs modern diesels. Do your research, and stop with all the silly troll talk.
Anytime someone doesn't like what some people say, on the internet, the "Woke Crowd" always screams "Troll". It gets tiring.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

They didnt offer the diesel, when I purchased mine, if you bothered to see what I drive. I do, in fact, own a diesel pickup, and have owned a diesel truck for approx 22 yrs. So, I do know a little about the pros and cons of older vs modern diesels. Do your research, and stop with all the silly troll talk.
Anytime someone doesn't like what some people say, on the internet, the "Woke Crowd" always screams "Troll". It gets tiring.
If you want to compare your diesel truck of tomorrow to our ecodiesel's it just further shows your argumentative non-constructive, negative approach as you first posted. In 1997 I purchased my first Mopar Cummins diesel Ram truck. That's why I waited for 2020 to purchase a diesel in a Wrangler. I did see your 2018 gasser which furthered my understanding you're merely trolling this EcoDiesel site making commenting about the EcoDiesel which you have zero ownership experience. Only comparing your diesel of yesterday. It is unfortunate but all your negative talk isn't going to change the fact today's diesels must run on Def with emission requirements. I'm very happy with my EcoDiesel and never plan on going back. The downside to the Wrangler ownership previously was gears, lack of torque, lack of power, with high revs on moderate to steep highway grades, with frequent fueling stops. Now Just smiles and the miles. By all means enjoy your gasser and we'll enjoy our Ecodiesel's.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to compare your diesel truck of tomorrow to our ecodiesel's it just further shows your argumentative non-constructive, negative approach as you first posted. In 1997 I purchased my first Mopar Cummins diesel Ram truck. That's why I waited for 2020 to purchase a diesel in a Wrangler. I did see your 2018 gasser which furthered my understanding you're merely trolling this EcoDiesel site making commenting about the EcoDiesel which you have zero ownership experience. Only comparing your diesel of yesterday. It is unfortunate but all your negative talk isn't going to change the fact today's diesels must run on Def with emission requirements. I'm very happy with my EcoDiesel and never plan on going back. The downside to the Wrangler ownership previously was gears, lack of torque, lack of power, with high revs on moderate to steep highway grades, with frequent fueling stops. Now Just smiles and the miles. By all means enjoy your gasser and we'll enjoy our Ecodiesel's.
Me, I'm hesitant about owning a modern diesel. I would love to own a diesel wrangler, but I shy away from them, because of long term potential issues. If there aren't any, or if they are.easily fixed, I will be shopping for one.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
I don't buy the Jeep to keep it forever. I buy what would be the best fit for the next couple of years and trade it for the next new shiny thing out there.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Well, I never seem to get rid of vehicles I like. The diesel hopefully will last many many years. My 2002 TJ with the 'bulletproof' 4.0 had to have a new engine at 55K. I also don't buy the 'problems'. Where's the actual proof other than some issues reported on this forum.
Also, this is a poll from. 2018...why is it actI've now. Is there some talk of canceling the diesel?

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Well, I never seem to get rid of vehicles I like. The diesel hopefully will last many many years. My 2002 TJ with the 'bulletproof' 4.0 had to have a new engine at 55K. I also don't buy the 'problems'. Where's the actual proof other than some issues reported on this forum.
Also, this is a poll from. 2018...why is it actI've now. Is there some talk of canceling the diesel?
Yeah, forums tend to exaggerate the situation. Even if you go to Toyota Tacoma's forum, people will list all sort of problems on that too. Not saying people did not have those issues, it is just that the majority who do not have issues are always the silent majority.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People talk about the gassers like they are bulletproof but I travel that part of the site and see endless complaints too. The internet leans negative.
Not I. I prefer diesel, unrestricted by EPA. But, gassers are easier to work on.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
A 4 year old post that only has 3 pages and yet able to suddenly stir a up heated debate where 2 members are ready to brawl if they should meet up.
Wow !
All 5 power options exist on the Wrangler today for differing reasons and none are going away soon so just pick the one you want, get the extended Mopar warranty and hit the trails !
It's all good šŸ˜„šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜œ

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Not I. I prefer diesel, unrestricted by EPA. But, gassers are easier to work on.
I saw above that you said you had been driving diesels for 22 years. My relationship goes back that far too but I gotta say that while I too am annoyed but the cleaning systems, I donā€™t want to go back to a world where Iā€™m driving behind vehicles spewing clouds of noxious black smoke.

Maybe the cleaning systems will get betterā€”I assume they willā€”but for now it seems like a small price to pay to not be spewing poison out the back. There are enough systems in every vehicle these days that you canā€™t fix and only replace. None of these cars are my 85 Caprice Classic.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
My local dealer has yet to see one single JL or JT diesel with issues.
Source: I did their solar and have become really close with all the key people since. The 4xe hasnā€™t been as really per them

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
that 4.0 experience is very uncommon imo. My 16 year old nephew now has my 02 4L/3 speed auto I bought new. Itā€™s had Rotella T 5w40 since the first oil chance and a mix of synthetic fluids everywhere else. Two radiators & water pumps and a head gasket has all its every had outside regular maintenance. The notorious exhaust manifold leak happened just outside the 3/36 but I replaced with a borla header and itā€™s still fine. 4.10s with the then popular hi pinion XJ front/ ford 8.8 rear swap, rubicon express long arm kit & 35s for nearly every mile. Tons and tons of wheeling.

its approaching 400k now and 6 months ago I rode with him and it runs great. That things an heirloom and Iā€™ve promised to buy him a new Jeep of his own once he graduates from college, provided I get the TJ back.
Sponsored