Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

FCA US Reports Fourth-quarter and Full-year 2019 Sales
  • Ram brand reports record fourth-quarter and full-year sales
  • Jeep® Wrangler achieves record fourth-quarter sales of more than 52,012 vehicles
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee notches record full-year sales of 242,969 vehicles
  • Dodge Charger reports record fourth-quarter and full-year sales
January 3, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC closed the fourth quarter and 2019 with a handful of records as America’s love of capability, power and speed pushed Ram, Dodge and Jeep® to new sales levels.

Topping the year were the successful launches of the redesigned Ram Heavy Duty pickup trucks and the Jeep Gladiator. The Gladiator finished 2019 with 40,047 vehicle sales following its May debut.

U.S. sales for the fourth quarter were 542,519 vehicles, down 2 percent, while sales for the year were down 1 percent at 2,203,663 vehicles. Retail sales were 419,273 vehicles for the quarter. Fleet accounted for 22.7 percent of total sales.

The Ram brand led the portfolio with record-setting sales of 190,655 for the quarter and 703,023 vehicles for the year – an 18 percent increase over 2018. It was the highest level of sales since Ram became a standalone brand in 2009.

Jeep Wrangler, which notched a variety of records throughout the year, reported its highest fourth quarter with sales of 52,012 vehicles. Grand Cherokee reported a full-year record with sales of 242,969 vehicles.

Dodge also bucked the trend in passenger cars by turning in one of its strongest years as the Charger notched record sales of 25,829 vehicles for the quarter and 96,935 vehicles for the year. Dodge muscle cars Charger and Challenger combined sales in the second half were a record 84,216 vehicles.

“Our dealers did an outstanding job in 2019, not only with meeting consumer demand, but also handling the introduction of the redesigned Ram Heavy Duty and new Jeep Gladiator,” said Reid Bigland, Head of U.S. Sales. “We have read the expectations that sales may slow a bit in 2020. However, we believe there is still plenty of demand in the market and we are ready for a new year.”

Jeep Sales Q4 2019.png
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Would be interesting to see world-wide sales #'s as I would expect Fiat and Alfa to lead in Europe and ROW. If not - why do they exist?

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
The biggest shocker to me is in the modern SUV dominant country we live in the charger and challenger both outsold the Durango this year.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The biggest shocker to me is in the modern SUV dominant country we live in the charger and challenger both outsold the Durango this year.
Durango is capacity constrained. It shares the JNAP facility with Grand Cherokee.

Sponsored

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
What I can't believe is that an Avenger was sold in 2019. The last model year was...2014. Someone walked into a dealership and said, "Hey, look at THAT, I've gotta have it!"

Too bad it was such a POS, it's got a cool name.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Would be interesting to see world-wide sales #'s as I would expect Fiat and Alfa to lead in Europe and ROW. If not - why do they exist?
Nah, it's long ago Alfa did well in Europe, and Fiat sells most of its cars in Italy.
Can't speak for the EU, but just had a look at the 2018 sales in Belgium.
Fiat: 16.426 (market share 3%)
Jeep: 4.930 (market share 0.9%)
Alfa: 3.011 (market share 0.5%)
2019 sales are not yet public available.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What I can't believe is that an Avenger was sold in 2019. The last model year was...2014. Someone walked into a dealership and said, "Hey, look at THAT, I've gotta have it!"

Too bad it was such a POS, it's got a cool name.
Likely specialized use somewhere and we see some follow on orders.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Looking at it the other way, it's kinda impressive that they find ways to change up the Charger/Challenger just enough to keep it relevant after as long as both have been out. Counter that to a car like, say, the Nissan 370Z that is essentially unchanged in a decade now and dying on the vine. I have to admit, if I ever needed a four-door vehicle that would fit my taste in hp and styling, I would probably look closely at a Charger.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Looking at it the other way, it's kinda impressive that they find ways to change up the Charger/Challenger just enough to keep it relevant after as long as both have been out. Counter that to a car like, say, the Nissan 370Z that is essentially unchanged in a decade now and dying on the vine. I have to admit, if I ever needed a four-door vehicle that would fit my taste in hp and styling, I would probably look closely at a Charger.
I agree. Fleet sales have really helped keep their numbers up as well. I’ve been quite disappointed with the 370z. I had an 04 350z from 04-07 and was really hoping the 370 would blow it away performance wise. Nissan dropped the ball.

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I agree. Fleet sales have really helped keep their numbers up as well. I’ve been quite disappointed with the 370z. I had an 04 350z from 04-07 and was really hoping the 370 would blow it away performance wise. Nissan dropped the ball.
Yeah...I've dipped into the Z cars a few times as well. I had an 05 350z Roadster, and later a couple different 370Z Roadsters, last one a 2013. They were never screamers, but they were reliable and fun for what they were. Just waaaay too long at the dance that this point.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wrangler is still on fire, but I don't forsee such a rosy future. Here in Texas the Gladiator hasn't taken off, dealer lots are getting clogged with them. Soon enough Jeep will have to kick up the incentives to move them. Unfortunately, being so similar to the Wrangler, I think JL resale values are going to drop more significantly than in the past, might slip back below the Taco in residual value

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I will be interested to see what full year 2020 sales for the gladiator will be.

seems to me like half the sales this year went to youtube channels (yes, I’m kidding.... but not really)—- I don’t see very many on the street. 2020 calendar year will tell the tale.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The Gladiator's price tag has LOTS of room for incentives. So does the Wrangler. They aren't and won't be hurting. Right now, FCA is raking it in on these things.

Keep in mind, too, the target volume for the Gladiator is not even close to Wrangler. Chevy and Toyota would be the benchmark, so if they get around 100k in 2020, then it is a total success.

Wrangler sales north of 200k are just crazy good. Again, they have plenty of room for incentives built into the price so they can keep the numbers up and the cash machine rollin'.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Charger=police cruiser
Challenger sales=90% of Durango sales in '19
Sponsored