Jeep Wrangler achieves record Q3 sales

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
my assessment is bad news in wrangler sector. it is a high seasonal pattern winter sell half of summer in canada and even is usa it show much higher summer per month sale. if you read previous post on by month sale.
now it seems 789 the hotest quarter only do 1/3 of ytd 3 quarter sales, then it means the most recent quarter is under expectation.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
my assessment is bad news in wrangler sector. it is a high seasonal pattern winter sell half of summer in canada and even is usa it show much higher summer per month sale. if you read previous post on by month sale.
now it seems 789 the hotest quarter only do 1/3 of ytd 3 quarter sales, then it means the most recent quarter is under expectation.
Wow. You're right. This is terrible! winky emoji.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Considering the auto market as a whole. FCA numbers look good in the RAM and Wrangler arenas.

I think the next few years will be rough across the board. Almost everyone has a new vehicle right now.

Sponsored

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
Are average new Wrangler prices that much higher than the average new car price?
Average midsize SUV is around 38k. I can't find data, but I would think Wranglers are a little above that. But I am thinking on a more macro level, and I still am having a hard time figuring out how people are affording vehicles.

My wife and I try to spend no more than 5% of our take home income on transportation. This is inclusive of the vehicles themselves (payments and cash down amortized over the period we own it,) insurance, fuel, maintenance, and post tax monthly train tickets. We try not to.get super scientific with the cash down part since their are lots of factors that can be accounted for. I guess people are just taking out bigger and longer lasting loans or leases. But even then, they must be spending a sizable portion of their take home income on transportation.

I do get that for some Wrangler owners that the Jeep is used for more than transportation (i.e. it's a form of entertainment / hobby / travel). But the vast majority of Wrangler owners are not wheeling or overlanding.

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Last edited:

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software

iplaywithtrucks

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S JLU
It would be interesting to see the data with the sales to the rental car companies removed. Personally seeing JL's and Gladiators rolling at Enterprise lots doesn't make me feel good about the value of 2018 JL purchased in the Summer of 2018. Should have waited one year. Once again I should have listened to my wife.

Adrenalista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
I’d like to think I did my part in contributing to their success. In August bought my Jeep. Then hubby was a little competitive and decided he must have something with that new car smell too. He was determined he needed a truck, so we bought one of the new Dodge RAMs too. I’m still a skeptic that he has any real need for a truck... but it’s been entertaining watching him invent reasons to go use it. Of course they are all things he could “never” have done without the truck. Pretty sure if I play my cards right I could get new furniture out of this just so he can have another excuse to haul something.

Sponsored

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
As a shareholder this news bothers me. One would hope that their financial shenanigans have ceased, and they are reporting truthful numbers.
“Hope” & “faith” when it comes to the stock market are a fools errand. The individual investor is not what any company is paying attention to. They cater to the institutional investors & they are driven by growth & profit increases which motivates a company to make short term decisions not long term plans.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Average midsize SUV is around 38k. I can't find data, but I would think Wranglers are a little above that. But I am thinking on a more macro level, and I still am having a hard time figuring out how people are affording vehicles.

My wife and I try to spend no more than 5% of our take home income on transportation. This is inclusive of the vehicles themselves (payments and cash down amortized over the period we own it,) insurance, fuel, maintenance, and post tax monthly train tickets. We try not to.get super scientific with the cash down part since their are lots of factors that can be accounted for. I guess people are just taking out bigger and longer lasting loans or leases. But even then, they must be spending a sizable portion of their take home income on transportation.

I do get that for some Wrangler owners that the Jeep is used for more than transportation (i.e. it's a form of entertainment / hobby / travel). But the vast majority of Wrangler owners are not wheeling or overlanding.
I think $38k would represent something close to an average cost of a new Wrangler. A base Sport unlimited starts at what? About $31,500 MSRP? I paid $42k for my '18 JLUR.

Point I'm making is that it doesn't matter if it's a Wrangler or some other SUV, the average selling price is probably right at the national average and is not any more unaffordable than other manufacturers offerings.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
“Hope” & “faith” when it comes to the stock market are a fools errand. The individual investor is not what any company is paying attention to. They cater to the institutional investors & they are driven by growth & profit increases which motivates a company to make short term decisions not long term plans.
FCA has been fined for their dishonesty. I am not about to sell my shares for their past sins. I do my due diligence before buying equities. I manage my portfolio and it does very well. I " hope" they have learned their lesson . If things change drastically I will be a former share holder,but right now FCAU is a good long term hold.

Last edited:

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
Interesting that Q3 sales are up by 3% but the YTD is down by 8%.
If you consider the Gladiator a type of Wrangler (*I do) then this quarter saw a whopping 75,167 Wrangler vehicles sold.

*at least some of the Gladiator sales are poaching Wrangler sales, and I would suspect that especially in the first year it is a very high percentage.
Sponsored