Advertisement

Jeep Wrangler 4xe will be name of PHEV Hybrid Electric model. Coming late 2020

AnnDee4444

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm new to Jeeps but am actually a bit surprised at the relative indifference to the location of the charger port. Kinda kills two or three pretty popular mods until they are somehow reworked. (basic light bracket, over windshield light bracket, full rack).

When I first saw it I was kinda waiting for the uproar
I bet there will be kits to move the plug location and convert back to the standard cowl piece. Or companies will just make a different shaped PHEV specific bracket.

All these modifications take electricity or increase drag... which don't play nice with the PHEV anyway.

Advertisement

BigGreen

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
All these modifications take electricity or increase drag... which don't play nice with the PHEV anyway.
I'd imagine PHEV drivers will do the interior light bar (that was thoroughly bashed on here) for this reason.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Very different application. The diesel electric setup is used for traction management, not for efficiency. Direct mechanical drive would be more efficient IF they could manage traction losses.
Yes but it was you who said, direct quote (emphasis mine): "This is the exact reason why, although EV vehicles have been around for a century and a half, and ICE vehicles for nearly as long, nobody has made a successful business model out of combining the two in any application other than light duty personal transportation."

Can we agree that locomotives are not light duty transportation AND that cargo rail is (still) a successful business model? Hell you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a rail yard.

Advertisement

Advertisement