Sponsored

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
I'm hoping it's only a 4k option. I expect it to be closer 5k if not more especially with federal tax credit of 7.5k. I'd love to take delivery prior to the end of the year so I take the tax credit this year and not next.
I would love for it to only be 4-5k but I am expecting more

What about other vehicles? Aren’t they usually like 8k more sometimes?
Sponsored

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

I think the Chrysler Pacifica charges 5k for that hybrid engine option- that's what I'm expecting.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
I think the Chrysler Pacifica charges 5k for that hybrid engine option- that's what I'm expecting.
Yes and it seems similar in Europe for the other 4xe jeeps currently out.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I'm hoping it's only a 4k option. I expect it to be closer 5k if not more especially with federal tax credit of 7.5k. I'd love to take delivery prior to the end of the year so I take the tax credit this year and not next.
since when do hybrids qualify for a $7500 tax credit?

Sponsored

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm eager to see the torque curve on this engine. Electric engines output most torque close to zero RPM (yes!), so acceleration is incredible.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
I'm eager to see the torque curve on this engine. Electric engines output most torque close to zero RPM (yes!), so acceleration is incredible.
It won't be like a EV, when in hybrid mode the electric motor will help with combined torque, but it won't be like an all electric car. While in all electric mode, it will definitely feel peppy, but with a small battery it isn't going to be a model X P100D type of performance. You will get all of the torque right away in all electric mode, but it won't be a significant amount.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
It’s official. Sept 3rd reveal.

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Jeeps site/fb

Grand Wagoneer Concept & Jeep Wrangler 4xe Reveal

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler 4xe PHEV Teased Again in New Videos, Confirms December 2020 Availability 118435179_10160818270656515_7928935479634527614_o

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It won't be like a EV, when in hybrid mode the electric motor will help with combined torque, but it won't be like an all electric car. While in all electric mode, it will definitely feel peppy, but with a small battery it isn't going to be a model X P100D type of performance. You will get all of the torque right away in all electric mode, but it won't be a significant amount.
That's right. But since an electric engine provides maximum torque at extremely low RPM, the difference can be substantial exactly in off-road situations.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Maybe the business case will be how they deployed the 2.0 - At the beginning when the inventory is scarce, release it as a paid option to sell to early adopters, and when demand starts dropping, start offering option credits.

Since the promo video is of a Rubicon, I wouldn't be surprised if the first batches were fully optioned Rubicons... after all.... 60-70k minus 7.5 federal tax credit still makes a compelling case to purchase. All speculation but the reality will be arriving soon!

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
That's right. But since an electric engine provides maximum torque at extremely low RPM, the difference can be substantial exactly in off-road situations.
super.. i can break axels even quicker... lots of folks breaking axels with a 3.6.. not sure this is a good idea for off road...

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
It’s not great for off road with slow rock crawling. But it’s great for the 90% of jeep owners who use it as a commuter and never off road.
Sponsored