Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep once again teased the Jeep Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid (PHEV) in a new video.

"The Jeep Wrangler 4xe is so quiet, it’s like someone turned the volume up on nature. Coming soon. Jeep. There’s only one."

Updated with another:

"Don’t just be a part of nature. Become one with it. The Jeep Wrangler 4xe. Coming December 2020. Jeep. There’s only one."

Sponsored

Last edited:

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Jeep once again teased the Jeep Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid (PHEV) in a new video.

"The Jeep Wrangler 4xe is so quiet, it’s like someone turned the volume up on nature. Coming soon. Jeep. There’s only one."

do went its available to purchase?

Sponsored

KCJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It hasn't even occurred to me until now...but is the PHEV going to be just another powerplant option like the V6/I4/Diesel or is it going to be it's own trim level? Because I'm really not digging the electric-blue trim pieces. I was hoping to get a normal Rubicon that happens to be hybrid. Am I hosed?

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
It hasn't even occurred to me until now...but is the PHEV going to be just another powerplant option like the V6/I4/Diesel or is it going to be it's own trim level? Because I'm really not digging the electric-blue trim pieces. I was hoping to get a normal Rubicon that happens to be hybrid. Am I hosed?
I peeled all the stickers off my Freedom Edition day one. Just takes a hair dryer and a little patience. I'm curious how that decal changes for red / orange etc.

I don't mind the blue trim on the right color. I'm kind of hoping 4xe gets us a nice new paint color like a bright blue.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
...is the PHEV going to be just another powerplant option like the V6/I4/Diesel or is it going to be it's own trim level? ...
One of the articles in this section mentions that the pHEV will be an available option on all models. That makes sense, since the electric motor is part of the 8spd tranny. It should fit all models with the I4.

I'd like to know where the battery will be located. Will it be located along side the 48V BSG battery, or will it be a separate unit placed inside the cabin?

As for the hood sticker, I'm handy with a heat gun if I don't like it...and I bet we will see Hydro Blue with the 4xe introduction.

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
I'm excited for this. Really wanted the 2.0 turbo with the eTorque but now I'm interested to see how this performs. Also the price point. If it's going to be a 4k option like the diesel I will just go 2.0 turbo. Personally I love the blue accents, especially on the white or granite.

Sponsored

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I'm excited for this. Really wanted the 2.0 turbo with the eTorque but now I'm interested to see how this performs. Also the price point. If it's going to be a 4k option like the diesel I will just go 2.0 turbo. Personally I love the blue accents, especially on the white or granite.
I'm hoping it's only a 4k option. I expect it to be closer 5k if not more especially with federal tax credit of 7.5k. I'd love to take delivery prior to the end of the year so I take the tax credit this year and not next.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping it's only a 4k option. I expect it to be closer 5k if not more especially with federal tax credit of 7.5k. I'd love to take delivery prior to the end of the year so I take the tax credit this year and not next.
Does anyone know when you can order one of these EJ?

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Does anyone know when you can order one of these EJ?
An order date hasn't been released. I talked to a dealer and they have a big conference call on September 3 and might know more then. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An order date hasn't been released. I talked to a dealer and they have a big conference call on September 3 and might know more then. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.
I thought I heard months ago sometime in 1st quarter in 2021??? But know I’m hearing sooner....Thanks for the info!

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
I agree. I was discussing this with a friend of mine and we came to the conclusion it would most likely be around 6k, but time will tell. I'm wondering if they'd not go that high as they will want to get them on the road to start and get the fleet mileage average down. It's all just darts right now until something actually gets released, but I worry it will price me out of the option to get one.
Sponsored