First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
I love the idea of high voltage batteries in the cabin right under the child seat. Thank goodness with Jeep, nothing can go wrong.
Jeep afire.jpg
Well, they've already been tested for a lot of miles in all different environments and through durability testing. You know there are also many already beginning to hit the roads from pre-launch builds for getting varied real world use/miles. There will be hundreds driving around before dealers get them beginning in December. I'm all for it, I'm just concerned about the price premium that will be attached to the package.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Lol I always get a kick out of people fear mongering over battery fires under their seats, yet they're cool with a 20-gallon tank full of highly flammable fossil fuel sloshing around under their seats. (Yes, I know the fires burn differently once started, but a fire under your seat is still a fire under your seat at first blush.)

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Aggressive, available, 17-inch, off-road wheels and 33-inch tires standard on Rubicon 4xe; 20-inch wheels standard on Wrangler 4xe and Sahara 4xe
Haven't seen any comments on this but really don't want 20" wheels on my PHEV Sahara - obviously could switch them out later (or get a Rubi but really don't need that in NJ) - any thoughts on whether there might be options for a different wheel size?

Last edited:

Luiscasta25

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Haven't seen any comments on this but really don't want 20" wheels on my PHEV Sahara - obviously could switch them out later (or get a Rubi but really don't need that in NJ) - any thoughts on whether there might be options for a different wheel size?
Probably not, they have to meet the MPG posted, even the base 4xe has 20’’ wheel from what I read, what wheels do you like?, you can probably find rubi take off for like 1,000.

Sponsored

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Probably not, they have to meet the MPG posted, even the base 4xe has 20’’ wheel from what I read, what wheels do you like?, you can probably find rubi take off for like 1,000.
Yes, agreed, they have to meet posted MPG for the 4xe and easy enough to find some Rubi take offs. Thanks.

I wonder what the difference in electric range with be for 4xe with 20" wheels vs. Rubicon on 17" wheels with 33" tires.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
With all the companies bringing out electric trucks and suvs, I have to say the performance specs on this dissapoint me a bit. I mean we have hummer talking dropping 1000hp electric suv, all the trucks coming seem to be squarely in the 650-800hp range.

Wrangler though. Eh how about 375?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
With all the companies bringing out electric trucks and suvs, I have to say the performance specs on this dissapoint me a bit. I mean we have hummer talking dropping 1000hp electric suv, all the trucks coming seem to be squarely in the 650-800hp range.

Good luck finding a Hummer EV priced under $100,000...whenever it appears on the market, that is.

Luiscasta25

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, agreed, they have to meet posted MPG for the 4xe and easy enough to find some Rubi take offs. Thanks.

I wonder what the difference in electric range with be for 4xe with 20" wheels vs. Rubicon on 17" wheels with 33" tires.
I’m sure MPG will drop a little for the 33’’ tires.

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co

there’s a big difference between upcoming BEVs - hummer, Rivian, badger, cybertruck, f150 etc and Hybrid or PHEVs. There’s no huge weight penalty for having dual fueling systems and they’re more technical but less complex . for going out into the middle of nowhere, a hybrid wins for the foreseeable future. For driving every day near a charger, electric wins 100% of the time IMO, especially when you’re talking about the potential for 4 electric Motors operating independently.

I have a suspicion that this generation of wrangler will be the last with solid axles because the next platform is hybrid or electric only

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Has anyone seen an independent test of the new vehicle? So far, all I've seen are Jeep press releases and exec interviews.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Toady's MarketWatch article:

No affiliation, not an endorsement, they didn't show their work, but with that said...

"We expect 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe pricing to start at just under $40,000."

Depending upon which model (Sport? Sport S?) the base 4xe most closely compares, this would represent an up-charge of $5k - $8k. Again, they provided no rationale for their number.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Toady's MarketWatch article:

No affiliation, not an endorsement, they didn't show their work, but with that said...

"We expect 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe pricing to start at just under $40,000."

Depending upon which model (Sport? Sport S?) the base 4xe most closely compares, this would represent an up-charge of $5k - $8k. Again, they provided no rationale for their number.
That's very reasonable, if true. That's in the neighborhood of the diesel upcharge.

Luiscasta25

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's very reasonable, if true. That's in the neighborhood of the diesel upcharge.
Yes and with the hybrid you might qualify for the tax credits, so the upgrade is not a brainer.

I’m just wondering when the ordering process is going to be open. They said the car will be available in December so it should be coming soon.
Sponsored