First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Maybe I missed it but with adding 500 lbs, what’s the max payload?
Sponsored

wingdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
In my 4dr I get two bags of recovery gear and a hi-lift. Cannot do that with the seat folded down but all fits nice with seat up and someone can still sit back there. I would hate to lose that. Also, with our bed platflorm I made, we need to be able to fold down the seats - better yet take them out and that whole area becomes a rather large storage area.

4xe loses 4 cu-ft with rear seat up and 5 cu-ft with seat down according to https://www.jdpower.com/cars/new-ca...n-hybrid-preview?make=Jeep&model=Wrangler-4xe.
And the claimed 400 miles range seems to be even less than pentastar.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt , BMW F800GS

Sponsored

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I owned a gen 1 Chevy Volt prior to my Gladiator. This wrangler is looking good. I could go 3 or 4 months without getting gas in my volt, if this could do half that it’s a win.

My thought has always been that this is the type of vehicle that needs electrified with a hybrid. Why do a plug in hybrid on a car that would have gotten 40mpg either way. Do a plug in hybrid on the suv/ truck that gets 10-15 mpg day in and day out. I hate getting shit mileage on my commute. With this wrangler I can run my Daily commute on electric and still have the gas engine for wheeling trips and camping trips on the weekend.
Same for me. Electric/hybrid for economic commute and the gas for getting up to Tahoe in blizzard.

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
Except the power generation, even from a coal plant, is more efficient than a gasoline engine, and has the economy of scale. If any of your power grid comes from renewable sources it is even better.

And this is all before considering regen recovery, which with the max regen mode that will be on this will work similar to a full EV's regen.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Ooh... I want that side cowl bodypanel to put onboard air, power and water ports. That’s gonna be great!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I am excited about this. Love my ecodiesel and want to slap an electric battery in it and have a diesel/electric hybrid....

Come on now.
I always wondered why they didn’t do that. Some of the diesels in sedans were pushing 50mpg or so on their own. Why not pair them with the hybrid components and end up with ridiculous mpge numbers. I assumed it was a cost thing but never knew for sure.

I also never knew why they didn’t use the locomotive style diesel electric model for heavy trucks. Seemed to be enough room in the tractor chassis to make it work.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
less ambient lighting
See? FCA can then save money by taking out the second thumb wheel that most people don’t understand anyway. Which would also save about 500 posts per year on this forum from people asking what it was there for.

Win. Win.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Any idea when the 4xe will be available on the website to build/configure? If it’s to be available in North America this year (which I thought I heard on the reveal video) it would be pretty soon I’d think.) Would really like to see options/prices/incentives.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I always wondered why they didn’t do that. Some of the diesels in sedans were pushing 50mpg or so on their own. Why not pair them with the hybrid components and end up with ridiculous mpge numbers. I assumed it was a cost thing but never knew for sure.

I also never knew why they didn’t use the locomotive style diesel electric model for heavy trucks. Seemed to be enough room in the tractor chassis to make it work.
You don't see any diesel electrics for a few reasons. For one, the cost would be staggering, and two, it's less efficient than straight diesel.

Trains use the configuration for traction management not possible with direct drive, and also because the packaging doesn't allow for direct drive, not without steam engine style exterior power transmission bars linking the wheels

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
It will be great if Jeep could sell the battery in accessories... for those who wants im sure it’s a way to add a second battery to enjoy even more zero emission drives.
Ok you will probably lose some trunk space ... but with a nice agencement its not a big deal.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
You don't see any diesel electrics for a few reasons. For one, the cost would be staggering, and two, it's less efficient than straight diesel.

Trains use the configuration for traction management not possible with direct drive, and also because the packaging doesn't allow for direct drive, not without steam engine style exterior power transmission bars linking the wheels
Interesting. Thanks.
Sponsored