plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I did not follow electric tax credit closely, shouldn't them being phased out by now?
Sponsored

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Figure ~$7,500. FCA still has 130,000 of those $7,500 tax credits available so, to the consumer, it ends up being a wash.
Tax credits slowly phase out at a specific sales threshold.
This. Unlike Tesla, FCA hasn't sold enough electric vehicles to exhaust its federal tax credits.

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
Yeah, I get the feeling FCA/Jeep feel like fish out of the water with this technology.

I’ve been seeing an ad for JL 4Xe that boasts about how quiet it is.

Seriously? FCA spent billions of dollars developing this technology, it is going to charge buyers a hefty price premium for it...and all it can say about it is that it is...quiet...? Is that even a consumer benefit...?
Wheeling all day without engine noise is a huge, major, impressive development.

Driving around town, not as much (but I certainly wouldn't miss the hurricane fan of my JLU).

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
So would my A/C keep blowing cold at a stop light with the 4xe in ESS Mode? If so, that would be worth the purchase alone. :)

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wheeling all day without engine noise is a huge, major, impressive development.

Driving around town, not as much (but I certainly wouldn't miss the hurricane fan of my JLU).
Fine. But would you base a marketing campaign on being “quiet”?

It’d seem FCA would want to talk about a whole bunch of other things...especially after having spent so much money on that PHEV technology.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, There will no doubt be a premium on these but keep in mind they will probably qualify for the full $7500 tax credit, not a rebate but a credit. If you don't itemize and take the standard deduction it won't do you any good but.... Also depending on your state there're other incentives. It can total up to $10K depending on your state. It may not apply to you. Just saying, it's possible.
For those in Colorado, if you purchase this year, there's a $4000 tax credit. If you purchase on/after 1 Jan 2021, it drops to $2500.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income69.pdf

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
How exactly would you charge the battery? Engine will not charge it right?
So you get to purchase/install Jeep-proprietary charging system in your garage since you'll have to charge it often.
And adapters to be able to charge at other stations...

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
So you get to purchase/install Jeep-proprietary charging system in your garage since you'll have to charge it often.
I too would like to know more about how it recharges. I did see that the gas engine will charge it, but I'm not sure if you could solely rely on that. Also, is full power available any time you want? I believe you can charge using a standard 110V outlet but it takes like 12 hours.

Sponsored

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Pacifica Hybrid. If FCA remains consistent, it will come (included) with a power cord that plugs into a standard 110v outlet. The Pacifica has a 16kW battery compared to the 17kW in the 4xe. The Pachy charges in about 12hrs, similar to the statements made in the 4xe press release.

It will also charge using regenerative braking. Fun fact, I can almost completely (~92%) recharge my Pachy battery coming down Pike's Peak.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I have a Pacifica Hybrid. If FCA remains consistent, it will come (included) with a power cord that plugs into a standard 110v outlet. The Pacifica has a 16kW battery compared to the 17kW in the 4xe. The Pachy charges in about 12hrs, similar to the statements made in the 4xe press release.

It will also charge using regenerative braking. Fun fact, I can almost completely (~92%) recharge my Pachy battery coming down Pike's Peak.
Perhaps you can answer my question? Is full power available any time the driver demands it?

Also, others have posted concerns about longevity. Any indications from the Pacifica Hybrid group? I also have a Pacifica but it's the gas model.

Joao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
An electric Wrangler (4ex hybrid).......this is simply the way to travel and explore the road ahead with consideration and respect for nature.

Last edited:

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Is it available as a 2door ? I read somewhere it is only the JLU..