Sponsored

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
Full electric power while in 4Lo will be an amazing new way to offroad. I wonder what the actual horsepower and torque numbers are while crawling electric.

With the on-road range of 25 miles, you likely could wheel an entire trail all day and never have to engage the ICE.

This is the truly revolutionary part of the package, IMHO.
Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I DonT nEed ComPLIcatEd StUFf oN My jEep!
3.6 forever!
Bring back carbs!
How could jeep do this!
Traitors!
FCA has destroyed the brand!
This will cost 1,000,000,000,000 to fix when it breaks!
It will explode on the trail!

Some humor!

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Really nice step toward the future. Looking forward to seeing this evolve.

I have a buddy who is pretty close to Jeep that saw the test vehicles in Moab doing real world shake-down testing. He came away mighty impressed, saying they ran all of Hell's Revenge in stock trim quite easily.

The torque and smooth power delivery of the electric motors should make crawling a breeze.

-Steven

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
This looks very promising. Acceleration that equates to what the 5.7L Hemi would do is a nice bonus. Quick question, and this is more about how these plug-in hybrids work: Is that 375 horse available all the time? Do the electric motor ever drain completely or are they being recharged by the gas motor?
yes and no. If your are in HYBRID mode, you have access to all those horses and torque... if you slam on the accelerator it will use both motors and deliver your peak numbers. So yes it is there when you need it. Otherwise, it is using both motors together in the most economical ways... driving slow/slowing down etc, it will most likely be using just the electric motor... I can imagine the only time you are going to completely drain the battery (if it was full to begin with) in hybrid mode would be if you are on the highway, with no Regen breaking...

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
On a slightly related note, what did you all think about the Grand Wagoneer? I did not like it. Disappointing as I am looking to replace my Pacifica with something in the next year or two.

Sponsored

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
On a slightly related note, what did you all think about the Grand Wagoneer? I did not like it. Disappointing as I am looking to replace my Pacifica with something in the next year or two.
$100K?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! (I do like it)

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
$100K?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! (I do like it)
Not a direct replacement for the Pacifica, I know. And my wife has an BMW X7 so we already have one "nice" family vehicle. I love my van and was hoping that the Grand Wagoneer would offer something close in terms of utility to the van, like the 2021 Yukons do.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
this is interesting technology. i was interested in this type tech in the rav4 prime which is unobtanium. i do a lot of short trips in town so electric only was appealing..

however, my guess is.. this is going to be a very heavy, very complicated and pretty expensive vehicle. i dont mind lots of tech in a daily driver type vehicle, but in something i would use to go way off the beaten trail? dunno.

so next year brings pluggable hybrid. what about the 392? wanna see all the cards on the table next year...

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Posters #13, 14, read the information provided. This vehicle is amazing, and will require input from the operator: that might be its only downfall.
Still not clear to me. If I stomp on it, will I always get 375hp? Or is there a scenario where the electric motors cannot assist?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, I’m thinking this is a contributing factor why there is no eTorque 2.0 anymore. It would be confusing to some marketing-wise and a small amount of competition.

I’m ok with the hybrid idea but the extra 500lbs will be felt.