RenoMD

First Name
DC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Very interesting...... would love to know total vehicle range as well, and under hard Offroad use. Those numbers are pretty impressive, I was kind of hoping for a 0-60 closer to 5.5 seconds with the HP and torque numbers.....but hey still pretty awesome. They need to transplant this to the gladiator platform.

I think this will easily be $6k premium, I hope it would only be $3k but there's no way.

guarnibl

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder.
So with 37's and a lift.... 10 miles of electric range? lol

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great step forward, if the tech is reliable I would look into upgrading in a few years. But, I want flip up seats in my JLUR... now! I wounder if I can get a mod for this? I've never understood why this hasn't been an option, great storage space under there. I hate trying to finagle things under the seat!

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2)
Very interesting...... would love to know total vehicle range as well, and under hard Offroad use. Those numbers are pretty impressive, I was kind of hoping for a 0-60 closer to 5.5 seconds with the HP and torque numbers.....but hey still pretty awesome. They need to transplant this to the gladiator platform.

I think this will easily be $6k premium, I hope it would only be $3k but there's no way.
says 400 miles range.

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Introduction of this vehicle is a Watershed Event. It can only improve as battery technology advances. It is clearly well thought out, and can " bootstrap" itself due to the 2.0T engine that powers the generator, or the vehicle.
There's a Learning Curve associated with this tech, that will separate the " too many buttons to push" whiners from those that " get it". I welcome this, as the Wrangler should excite curiosity, imagination, the " what's over the Horizon" mentality. The "car" and "image" people have their genre, and are needed to supply the cubic $ to make THIS possible. There is a lot to learn about this technology, I welcome the opportunity.

JandS

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12JKUR (crush6spd)|08 Exige S|06 V70R|12 V-Wagon
Wow. As the resident Bronco fanboy color me very impressed. I personally wouldn’t want to own it outside the warranty period just because hybrid Chrysler products aren’t really a known quantity yet. But 25 miles all electric is amazing. A lot of people would never need gas.
Yeah, this is definitely one you consider the extended warranty - which are sucker buys 0% of the time - especially if it is transferrable.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Mazda3 hatch, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
That's pretty awesome but more electric-only range - on the order of 50-75 miles - would mean I'd rarely burn gas. You think that fuel tank is smaller due to the battery and controller taking up space?

I think it's pretty dang cool. Wonder how the pricing will be.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
On a slightly related note, what did you all think about the Grand Wagoneer? I did not like it. Disappointing as I am looking to replace my Pacifica with something in the next year or two.
Seriously disappointed with the Wagoneer. Looks like an Escalade or something similar. Doesn't remind me in any way of a Wagoneer. I get that it has the same general shape, but it just doesn't do it for me. I really don't know what they could have done to make it better - I don't know if the Wagoneer was meant to be modernized.

Edit: Looking at it again it looks like a Tahoe rear ended a Cherokee and the Jeep team was like "THERE IT IS, THE WAGONEER!". They really couldn't have found a way to make the front end look like the original?

Last edited:

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement