Ismor

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've done this, sort of. I ran the Mt. Washington Auto Road in a BMW i3.

Mt. Washington Auto Road is 7.6 miles to the top, and climbs 4,618ft.

Began the road with about 97% charge, which was good for ~80 miles.
At the summit, had 17% charge with 12 miles remaining.
At the bottom after regen, I had 39% charge with 42 miles.

i3 is obviously a very different car, but it's an insight into regen.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 3.53.50 PM.png
Is there any way to have the Wrangler interior designed by BMW? :)

Advertisement

Young04

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Metallic JLUR
Is there any way to have the Wrangler interior designed by BMW? :)
Better yet, Audi! We have a couple of BMWs in our household (X7 and X3M Comp.). While nice, Audi interiors are nicer.

Bren

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK 2-door Freedom Edition, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda Miata ND Club
Better yet, Audi! We have a couple of BMWs in our household (X7 and X3M Comp.). While nice, Audi interiors are nicer.
I'd usually agree Audi interiors are better than BMW (they're better than most everything), but I think the i3 is the single exception. It's tough to compare because i3 uses non-traditional materials (half the charm, with carbon fiber composites, hemp, recycled plastics in the fabric, eucalyptus wood, etc) but it's really well made and great looking.

2018_BMW_i3_1.jpg

Toycrusher

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
f45c351a-9db8-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb.jpg

These children mining cobalt in the Congo for EV batteries sure are glad they have provided more virtue signalling ammo...
It's being mined in an environmentally friendly way, no dead dinosaurs were brought into disrepute...

Hurley82

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt , BMW F800GS
f45c351a-9db8-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb.jpg

These children mining cobalt in the Congo for EV batteries sure are glad they have provided more virtue signalling ammo...
It’s ok Jim show me where the bad EV auto maker touched you.

Since your so well versed on cobalt mining I assume you’re also aware that ev and battery producers have worked to ensure they aren’t using cobalt from conflict areas and child labor. In fact these things are specifically called out in Tesla’s contracts. There’s also reports of child labor used in the petroleum industry.

No ones forcing you to adopt but time marches on.

JimLee

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
L
It’s ok Jim show me where the bad EV auto maker touched you.

Since your so well versed on cobalt mining I assume you’re also aware that ev and battery producers have worked to ensure they aren’t using cobalt from conflict areas and child labor. In fact these things are specifically called out in Tesla’s contracts. There’s also reports of child labor used in the petroleum industry.

No ones forcing you to adopt but time marches on.
LMAO! Somebody signed a contract with Tesla, that'll fix everything! Just say you don't care, at least be honest about it.

Hurley82

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt , BMW F800GS
L
LMAO! Somebody signed a contract with Tesla, that'll fix everything! Just say you don't care, at least be honest about it.
Haha. There’s issues across ass loads of industries and no one in this whole thread was virtue signaling until you came in. After all, on a wrangler forum, is safe to assume we all drive vehicles that get shit mileage so no one has any ground to stand on.

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I should have known not to eat that cheeseburger... now some kid has a job...!

JimLee

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Haha. There’s issues across ass loads of industries and no one in this whole thread was virtue signaling until you came in. After all, on a wrangler forum, is safe to assume we all drive vehicles that get shit mileage so no one has any ground to stand on.
That's cool, you do you. I will agree that anyone that claims to care about the environment and drives anything powered by an engine recreationally is a special kind of hypocrite . I made my point, I'll see my way out of this thread now.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I love the idea of high voltage batteries in the cabin right under the child seat. Thank goodness with Jeep, nothing can go wrong.
Jeep afire.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement