Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
It is going to take a huge leap in battery technology to get a fully electric wrangler with any range. It is about as anti electric in design as you can get.
nah. It's not far off. The Lucid air is promising up to 600 miles.
If I can get 300 miles, it's fine for where I live. Our Tesla has not much more than that and it's totally enough for us. Of course, towns are a lot closer together here.. so finding a charger is not that big of a deal. I cant tour Africa or something it.. but I'd just rent a land cruiser 70 series for that anyhow.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
nah. It's not far off. The Lucid air is promising up to 600 miles.
If I can get 300 miles, it's fine for where I live. Our Tesla has not much more than that and it's totally enough for us. Of course, towns are a lot closer together here.. so finding a charger is not that big of a deal. I cant tour Africa or something it.. but I'd just rent a land cruiser 70 series for that anyhow.
Yea, I guess I'm thinking in American size ;-) The jeep isn't aerodynamic in anyway which makes getting additional miles pretty tough. It would be heavy with a high center of gravity which all electric normally has a low center of gravity imo.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Yea, I guess I'm thinking in American size ;-) The jeep isn't aerodynamic in anyway which makes getting additional miles pretty tough. It would be heavy with a high center of gravity which all electric normally has a low center of gravity imo.
Not so sure about the center of mass thing. Granted, I did not do the math, but The batteries would still be between the frame rails, so the center of gravity should be substantially lower than an ICE Jeep as most of the mass would be at the lowest part of the body/frame.

Yeah, definitely not arrow dynamic though. I'd imagine they would do away with the fold down window and have something with a stronger angle. I am also fine with this since I have no interest in putting the windscreen down. It's illegal to drive that just about on any pubic road anyhow. Here anyhow, not sure about the states.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Not so sure about the center of mass thing. Granted, I did not do the math, but The batteries would still be between the frame rails, so the center of gravity should be substantially lower than an ICE Jeep as most of the mass would be at the lowest part of the body/frame.

Yeah, definitely not arrow dynamic though. I'd imagine they would do away with the fold down window and have something with a stronger angle. I am also fine with this since I have no interest in putting the windscreen down. It's illegal to drive that just about on any pubic road anyhow. Here anyhow, not sure about the states.
It is low in the vehicle as much as a motor is low in a vehicle. It is in the center but I was talking about how far off the ground it is which goes back to aerodynamics. The vehicle has a lot of clearance which doesn't generally mean being efficient. Getting a lot of miles out of a charge is all about efficiency. I am not an expert like some are on here though.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
It is low in the vehicle as much as a motor is low in a vehicle. It is in the center but I was talking about how far off the ground it is which goes back to aerodynamics. The vehicle has a lot of clearance which doesn't generally mean being efficient. Getting a lot of miles out of a charge is all about efficiency. I am not an expert like some are on here though.
Not sure.. I know the new EV hummer has a way lower CG than the H1 or H2 did do to all the heavy bit being between the frame.
Like I say though.. I did not do the math.
Sponsored