First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
All Wranglers will be 4Xe in 2022? I doubt that. More like 4Xe will be a available on all Jeep models in 2022.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
All Wranglers will be 4Xe in 2022? I doubt that. More like 4Xe will be a available on all Jeep models in 2022.
I think he meant 'All Jeep lines will have a 4xe option within the next year'. Can't really see that happening in 12 months: Grand Cherokee & L version, Wagoneer, Gladiator, plus bringing the 2 smaller ones onboard that they already have in Europe? From a production standpoint, that would be a big ask-

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Agreed. Especially with chip supply issues.

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
The race should have been even more of a blowout if they launched the 4xe properly in 4high auto with the gas engine on. I have a 4xe and when hitting the gas in this mode it is legit fast. Instant power! When in 2wd in first the engine restricts a lot of power.

Sponsored

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Point is, why would anyone give a damn? I certainly didn't buy any of my Jeeps because of how fast they would go from zero to 60. And if I ever get a Bronco, that criteria won't matter either.

Find a real gnarly trail and compare how the two vehicles handle them. THAT'S the comparison I want to see.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I posted it in the other thread since someone was claiming Bronco fans have just stopped commenting but I’ll post it here:

These comparisons are honestly pretty pointless until we get apples to apples comparisons. Comparing Broncos on big tires to jeeps on small tires, hybrids vs non hybrids, Broncos on low octane and unknown modes, etc. I drove a Sasquatch Bronco on the street, it was definitely a decent bit faster than a 2.0 rubicon soft top I drove 24 hours prior. Maybe I’m just biased and they’re closer than I think, but 10 second 0-60 is just dumb. That’s like my old explorer with a 4.0 V6 making 210 horsepower.

I want to see a badlands 2.7, non Sasquatch, in sport mode, traction control off, on premium fuel (Bronco gets a pretty significant boost from premium, anyone that cares about 0-60 would run it) Vs. a stock Jeep Rubicon 2.0 with all the same settings and premium fuel too. That’s when I’ll take a comparison seriously. And when the Xtreme recon package comes out let’s see that vs a Sasquatch Bronco.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
I test drove a 4dr Bronco Wildtrack with the 2.7L yesterday. I didn't think it felt slow at all. The throttle response is much better compared to my 2.0L Jeep. It also throws you back in the seat more when you punch it. That said, I'm pretty confident my Jeep could beat it from a dig and a roll. Keep in mind I do have a RaceChip RS and high-flow AFE air filter, so it's not completely stock. Throw the Jeep in 4-HI and brake torque it up to 3.5K RPM - This little 2.0L will get to 30 MPH in the blink of an eye :)

Anyway, if I had a 2.7L Bronco I'd be happy with it's performance, though I didn't like the transmission as much as the 8-Speed ZF in the Wrangler. Felt a little clunky (Yes, I know it's a learning transmission...)

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Point is, why would anyone give a damn? I certainly didn't buy any of my Jeeps because of how fast they would go from zero to 60. And if I ever get a Bronco, that criteria won't matter either.

Find a real gnarly trail and compare how the two vehicles handle them. THAT'S the comparison I want to see.
90% of the people who buy Broncos and Jeeps will likely never take them offroad, and when they do it's probably novice trails.

Most people can appreciate brisk acceleration and good fuel economy, when I was comparing vehicles those things mattered to me.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I posted it in the other thread since someone was claiming Bronco fans have just stopped commenting but I’ll post it here:

These comparisons are honestly pretty pointless until we get apples to apples comparisons. Comparing Broncos on big tires to jeeps on small tires, hybrids vs non hybrids, Broncos on low octane and unknown modes, etc. I drove a Sasquatch Bronco on the street, it was definitely a decent bit faster than a 2.0 rubicon soft top I drove 24 hours prior. Maybe I’m just biased and they’re closer than I think, but 10 second 0-60 is just dumb. That’s like my old explorer with a 4.0 V6 making 210 horsepower.

I want to see a badlands 2.7, non Sasquatch, in sport mode, traction control off, on premium fuel (Bronco gets a pretty significant boost from premium, anyone that cares about 0-60 would run it) Vs. a stock Jeep Rubicon 2.0 with all the same settings and premium fuel too. That’s when I’ll take a comparison seriously. And when the Xtreme recon package comes out let’s see that vs a Sasquatch Bronco.
You want to see a twin turbo v6 take on a 4 cylinder single turbo? that’s what you would take serious? Anyway, for all those saying why care for these tests. I think the interest is there because bronco fans and wrangler trolls have been talking non stop for a year leading up to the release of the bronco how it’s performance was going to be so much better. We’re not seeing it. For all the bragging it’s kind of funny to see them underperforming.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Came to make the same comment, lol. Why would a drag race between two offroad vehicles have any meaning whatsoever?

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
You want to see a twin turbo v6 take on a 4 cylinder single turbo? that’s what you would take serious? Anyway, for all those saying why care for these tests. I think the interest is there because bronco fans and wrangler trolls have been talking non stop for a year leading up to the release of the bronco how it’s performance was going to be so much better. We’re not seeing it. For all the bragging it’s kind of funny to see them underperforming.
Sure. Jeep doesn’t have an equivalent engine to the 2.7, so in that way it “isn’t fair” but if Bronco gains a decent amount of speed for only $1800 that’s a pretty big advantage.

To extrapolate a bit more, here is the most fair test of a Bronco yet:

No 0-60 time unfortunately, but the 1/4 mile of the Bronco vs the 1/4 mile of a JL Sahara is almost identical.(Motor trend has the 4 door 2.0 Sahara at 15.3 in the quarter mile, this has Bronco at 15.29) So when the Bronco is in the proper modes and fuel, and driven by someone who is actually trying, with like tire sizes/gearing/etc. the 2.3 and the 2.0 are basically identical. Which makes sense since the 2.3 is a bit more powerful, but Bronco is also a bit heavier. Now I’m curious how bigger tires affect that, but we need like vs like comparisons. And obviously the 10 second 0-60 that TFL got is ridiculous as I stated, the 4xe is DEFINITELY faster don’t get me wrong but a 10 second 0-60 is barely faster than my 3.8 JK lol.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
See if I get this. When the 2.7 Bronco beats Wrangler V6 we don't care because these are offroad vehicles and track numbers don't apply to them. But when a 4xe, which represents less than 2% of Wrangler sales, beats a 2.7 Bronco in a drag race we are supposed to care?

Okay. Got it.

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Came to make the same comment, lol. Why would a drag race between two offroad vehicles have any meaning whatsoever?
Unless it's a dedicated off-roader, even the most hardcore owners spend 95% of their time on the streets. I don't know about 0-60, but 0-40 is important for negotiating every day driving.
Sponsored