Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Unless it's a dedicated off-roader, even the most hardcore owners spend 95% of their time on the streets. I don't know about 0-60, but 0-40 is important for negotiating every day driving.
I'm 38 years old, have driven since I was 16, have never once owned an offroad capable vehicle (until a week ago) nor ridden in a vehicle offroad. I have road tripped from Texas to Minnesota, NYC, West Virginia, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, and driven halfway around Iceland. I have spent 100% of my 22 years of driving on roads. I've never once been interested in or had a legit reason to test a vehicle's 0-60 on a drag strip. 40-60 would be helpful though.

For us "road warriors", things that would be much more useful/interesting:
1. Interior noise/comfort at 60, 70, 80MPH
2. Miles/tank, MPG
3. Can my 5'8" wife drive it as comfortably as I can, when it's her damn turn to drive?
Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Another poor comparison. Wake me up when there's a Wrangler Rubicon 2.0T vs. a Bronco Sasquatch 2.7TT and both are 2 doors.
No reason for any of the fan boys to get upset over there. Amazing to think that it IS possible to like both vehicles for what they are.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Point is, why would anyone give a damn? I certainly didn't buy any of my Jeeps because of how fast they would go from zero to 60. And if I ever get a Bronco, that criteria won't matter either.

Find a real gnarly trail and compare how the two vehicles handle them. THAT'S the comparison I want to see.
I get what you are saying but power 100% does matter. Go to pass someone on a 2 lane highway and that lack of power will make a difference for you too. Considering these get driven on road more than off, for most consumers, it is quite relevant.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I get what you are saying but power 100% does matter. Go to pass someone on a 2 lane highway and that lack of power will make a difference for you too. Considering these get driven on road more than off, for most consumers, it is quite relevant.
There's plenty of power in the Wrangler or Bronco in any trim to do exactly what you said. A 0-60 time of 6 seconds is pretty irrelevant especially in either of these vehicles. I say this as someone who's had 500+ HP 3 second cars.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
There's plenty of power in the Wrangler or Bronco in any trim to do exactly what you said. A 0-60 time of 6 seconds is pretty irrelevant especially in either of these vehicles. I say this as someone who's had 500+ HP 3 second cars.
The Bronco was in the 10's for 0-60.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Point is, why would anyone give a damn? I certainly didn't buy any of my Jeeps because of how fast they would go from zero to 60. And if I ever get a Bronco, that criteria won't matter either.

Find a real gnarly trail and compare how the two vehicles handle them. THAT'S the comparison I want to see.
And how far above sea level is TFL?? Talk about choking HP and track times.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Having lived in Utah for many years I can tell you elevation effects NA engines more than turbo and this is where electric has a big advantage. Probably a good 1.5 seconds (0-60) for an NA motor.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Modern fuel injections use computerized engine management systems that automatically adjust changing altitudes. Some better than others. They choke but not as much as you'd think. People race all kinds of things all over the world in different altitudes and environments.
Otherwise we'd still be using carbs.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I posted it in the other thread since someone was claiming Bronco fans have just stopped commenting but I’ll post it here:

These comparisons are honestly pretty pointless until we get apples to apples comparisons. Comparing Broncos on big tires to jeeps on small tires, hybrids vs non hybrids, Broncos on low octane and unknown modes, etc. I drove a Sasquatch Bronco on the street, it was definitely a decent bit faster than a 2.0 rubicon soft top I drove 24 hours prior. Maybe I’m just biased and they’re closer than I think, but 10 second 0-60 is just dumb. That’s like my old explorer with a 4.0 V6 making 210 horsepower.

I want to see a badlands 2.7, non Sasquatch, in sport mode, traction control off, on premium fuel (Bronco gets a pretty significant boost from premium, anyone that cares about 0-60 would run it) Vs. a stock Jeep Rubicon 2.0 with all the same settings and premium fuel too. That’s when I’ll take a comparison seriously. And when the Xtreme recon package comes out let’s see that vs a Sasquatch Bronco.
So you want to see a twin turbo 2.7 go against a standard turbo 2.0, but don't see how that's stacked in Ford's favor? How about the 2.3 vs the 2.0 or how about just leaving g it like it was.... I mean the Bronco has a bigger displacement and twin turbos and actually costs more than the Jeep that beat it. There's not a huge difference between the 33s on the Jeep and the 35s on the Ford. Hopefully, this means Ford will come back with V-8 option and everybody wins!

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little more talking and hype than I'd like to see, but the end results speak for themselves:

Best,
-Tim
Just got back from running trails this morning. I'm just going to leave this photo here and see if anyone can pick out the pic of a Bronco....

20210727_124412.jpg

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Wow at the haters of people finding acceleration comparisons interesting, or 0-60 being another important factor of their vehicle... why even click on the thread?

My Jeep is also my daily driver, and it's no fun pulling out onto Parmer Lane in Austin, where many are cruising at 70. If you can't get up to speed quickly, you're asking for an accident, or for someone to whip around you, cut you off and brake check you as payback for slowing them down. I'll happily take any .1 reduction I can safely get for 0-60 regardless of the vehicle, for when it's needed for stuff like that.

Last edited:

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow at the haters of people finding acceleration comparisons interesting, or 0-60 being another important factor of their vehicle... why even click on the thread?

My Jeep is also my daily driver, and it's no fun pulling out onto Parmer Lane in Austin, where many are cruising at 70. If you can't get up to speed quickly, you're asking for an accident, or for someone to whip around you, cut you off and brake check you as payback for slowing them down. I'll happily take any .1 I can safely get for 0-60 regardless of the vehicle, for when it's needed for stuff like that.
I can't believe they didn't go full redneck: put them both in 4-lo, tie their rear tow hooks together and see who drags who! C'mon man!

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
The Bronco was in the 10's for 0-60.
What's your point? I said that a 6 second time in either vehicle is irrelevant which doesn't make sense that you quoted me and regardless, the Bronco has already clocked 6 second time on another 0-60 test elsewhere.

DiscoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 4xe
LOL everyone just seem to ignore the Bronco's first race in this video against Toyota FJ Cruiser.
FJ is NA V6 making only 239hp and Bronco barely beat it.
FJ definitely has a good excuse for being a 10+ second truck here considering it has an NA engine at high altitude.
Bronco on the other hand has twin turbo engine with supposedly 310hp which should give it plenty of advantage on the high altitude but only barely beats the FJ by an inch.

I love the Bronco for what it is and I'm sure it is as capable as any Wrangler or FJ Cruiser off road. But seeing some of obvious Bronco fans comments here just makes me laugh at how hard they are trying to cover up the Bronco's slow acceleration time.

With that said, I am very surprised that Bronco was as slow as it is depicted in the video above. With 310hp and 10-spd automatic, it should definitely be faster than that.
Maybe the TFL's Bronco has some power issue or something but definitely surprised me.
Sponsored