Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
I'm not concerned about the new engine. It's all of the teardown and reassembly that bothers me. Everything will have to come out of the engine compartment to get that 6.4 out. I wouldn't be as concerned if I could choose my own mechanic.
This happened to me. DEMAND A NEW JEEP. New engine will appear on carfax and vin #’s won’t match. Stellantis will put you on top of the list for a 2022 built and you will end up with new model year for your pain and suffering along with a Mopar Maxcare 8 year/125k extended warranty on your new one FOR FREE for your troubles. I even ended up with new transmission replacement with just 67 miles on my second one. Very sorry this happened to you. Especially during the holidays. It will work out for you in the end.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
If you can indeed document a probable loss of value at trade in you should be compensated accordingly. That would not be unreasonable although I suspect the fine print of the warranty will prohibit such.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
I went through this a number of years ago with a Corvette ZF tranny. Cracked casing after 600 miles. GM wanted to replace it with a rebuilt. All new tranny's were being allocated to production and there was no way to get a new one short of the President of GM signing off on it. They also offered an extended warranty on the tranny not the vehicle. I said no way, it's new or nothing and they ended up buying the car back. Figure out what's acceptable to you and don't budge. Just be prepared to wait whatever you decide. My situation took about 3 months from start to finish, e.g. a check in my hand.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Exactly, this isn’t the ‘60s with “numbers-matching” sports cars. Now an engine replacement will show up on the vehicle history report & is likely to affect future selling price of the vehicle.
To be fair, the 392 wrangler will probably be highly desired for a while. I don't know how long they're going to make it, but I bet in 20 years it will be a desirable rarity.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Probably has no bearing here, but I have a 392 on order and I am worried about who’s driving it and how before I get it. It goes from the factory, onto a train, off the train into a waiting lot, onto a transport truck, then at the dealer it needs to be driven a few miles for prep. All those strange hands on my steering wheel and strange feet on my accelerator make me real nervous. If they floor it a few times or put in cheap gas it could damage a brand new engine.

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Exact same issue for me on a 2014 Ram I bought brand new and had 51 miles with total engine failure. They didn’t buy back or even try to offer anything, but I got on the horn with Chrysler and had a case opened up with them. Long story short, I got the entire long block replaced in 27 days and was given a 6 year 100,000 mile maxcare warranty for my troubles… but I had to ask for that. So push and shove a little if you have to

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Sucks but I would just put a new engine in it. The process you're talking about to tear down and put back in is not that crazy.

Not a good day. Sorry dude :( I just picked up mine yesterday and these stories make me nervous, but stuff does happen.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Probably has no bearing here, but I have a 392 on order and I am worried about who’s driving it and how before I get it. It goes from the factory, onto a train, off the train into a waiting lot, onto a transport truck, then at the dealer it needs to be driven a few miles for prep. All those strange hands on my steering wheel and strange feet on my accelerator make me real nervous. If they floor it a few times or put in cheap gas it could damage a brand new engine.
Same. Luckily mine didn't have to go on a train, and I told them not to put gas in it. Showed up with like 12 miles or something, I forget. But yeah. I put the first gas in it.

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
It's no big deal, they'll drop it from the bottom and replace it that way, much easer to drop down the entire cradle than trying to fish it out through the top. These things do occasionally happen, you just happen to be the unlucky one. I would ask for a loaner for the duration as well as the 7yr 125k maxcare warranty for the trouble. If they're good it won't be an issue.

Sponsored

Bkilby

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392, 1974 Hemi Cherokee
Occupation
Chief Toilet Scrubber
It's no big deal, they'll drop it from the bottom and replace it that way, much easer to drop down the entire cradle than trying to fish it out through the top.
He's not talking about a Challenger. Lol. There is no cradle and the body is normally removed on a Wrangler to get the engine out.

Comtech392

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 XJ 2 door & 2021 Sting Grey 392 XR
Occupation
Technician
I'm not concerned about the new engine. It's all of the teardown and reassembly that bothers me. Everything will have to come out of the engine compartment to get that 6.4 out. I wouldn't be as concerned if I could choose my own mechanic.
I think the body comes off like how the ford dealers do their engine swaps in the f250/350s

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
He's not talking about a Challenger. Lol. There is no cradle and the body is normally removed on a Wrangler to get the engine out.
LOL, Should have thought about that... Funny you mention Challenger, I have one.. 2020 Redeye Widebody.. Indigo Blue. Thinking of selling for a 392 XR

Bkilby

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392, 1974 Hemi Cherokee
Occupation
Chief Toilet Scrubber
LOL, Should have thought about that... Funny you mention Challenger, I have one.. 2020 Redeye Widebody.. Indigo Blue. Thinking of selling for a 392 XR
That's a cool car for sure. But a 392 Wrangler is also cool. I sold my '73 Challenger for my 392. Lol.