litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I installed an AUX switch set yesterday and had the battery disconnected overnight as I was sourcing replacement parts having busted one of the pins. Reassembled the dash this morning, minus connecting the switch bank as I'm waiting on the replacement pin. AUX bank is isolated and disconnected from the battery and ground. I went to start the Jeep and it is throwing the error that AutoPArk is disabled, and to shift the vehicle into park. It is in park.

I popped my OBD2 reader on and it's stating U0101 "Lost Communication with the TCM". Anyone have any clues, while I wait for the roadside assist to bring it in?
Sponsored

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

UPDATE: seems like pulling the harness through the firewall I managed to damage one of the bus wires. That's going to be a costly error. It also seems they caught a couple of pins from the factory with a bit of damage while troubleshooting. My AUX harness might be toast on top of all that.

EDIT: Asked what it would cost to have them finish the install of the harness. They quoted me 5 hours of labour. This having the Jeep apart, and the AUX harness pulled through the firewall already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I guess I'm looking for a new AUX harness and one of the local 4x4 shops to finish the wiring. I don't trust my luck at this point.

Last edited:

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 1996 toyota4runner
I installed an AUX switch set yesterday and had the battery disconnected overnight as I was sourcing replacement parts having busted one of the pins. Reassembled the dash this morning, minus connecting the switch bank as I'm waiting on the replacement pin. AUX bank is isolated and disconnected from the battery and ground. I went to start the Jeep and it is throwing the error that AutoPArk is disabled, and to shift the vehicle into park. It is in park.

I popped my OBD2 reader on and it's stating U0101 "Lost Communication with the TCM". Anyone have any clues, while I wait for the roadside assist to bring it in?
Which AUX switch we’re you trying to install?

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Which AUX switch we’re you trying to install?
The MoPar set that gives you the same functions as the factory installed switching.

Sponsored

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
UPDATE: seems like pulling the harness through the firewall I managed to damage one of the bus wires. That's going to be a costly error. It also seems they caught a couple of pins from the factory with a bit of damage while troubleshooting. My AUX harness might be toast on top of all that.

EDIT: Asked what it would cost to have them finish the install of the harness. They quoted me 5 hours of labour. This having the Jeep apart, and the AUX harness pulled through the firewall already.
Brutal. So what is the total cost of having the shop install?

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Brutal. So what is the total cost of having the shop install?
Didn’t get them to do the install - they wanted 5 hours labour to do a two hour job. Labour at the shop is 135/hr. I’ve picked up a replacement harness and I’ll look at installing it this week. I might ask my local 4x4 shop what they’d charge.

floridawolfman

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
TCM Transmission Control Module. The (TCM) transmission control module can be a standalone controller or located in the (PCM) powertrain control module. The TCM receives input from various sensors and then uses this information to activate the (TCC) torque converter clutch, control line pressure and provide smooth shift timing.

Canbus allows scan feedback between modules etc. short or damage it losescommunication.
When Harley Davidson finall went to canbus a few years ago, numerous people were used to extending handlebar wiring for aftermarket bars via splicing, soldering and heat shrinking connections. A lotused too much solder etc to cause a fault in canbus communication.

I installed a supercharger, maf extender, and o2 sensor mod on one of my projects and always able to sucessfully repair or splice without a fault. I would thinkt techs would be able to trace the short, but as stated earlier, they will replace or repair for liability or other reason. If you know where your short is, or missing bent pin, may be able to repair.

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

TCM Transmission Control Module. The (TCM) transmission control module can be a standalone controller or located in the (PCM) powertrain control module. The TCM receives input from various sensors and then uses this information to activate the (TCC) torque converter clutch, control line pressure and provide smooth shift timing.

Canbus allows scan feedback between modules etc. short or damage it losescommunication.
When Harley Davidson finall went to canbus a few years ago, numerous people were used to extending handlebar wiring for aftermarket bars via splicing, soldering and heat shrinking connections. A lotused too much solder etc to cause a fault in canbus communication.

I installed a supercharger, maf extender, and o2 sensor mod on one of my projects and always able to sucessfully repair or splice without a fault. I would thinkt techs would be able to trace the short, but as stated earlier, they will replace or repair for liability or other reason. If you know where your short is, or missing bent pin, may be able to repair.
Oh, they were able to trace and repair the short on the bus. It was while they were doing this that I asked what it would cost to have them finish wiring the AUX switches. It was a too much, considering the AUX wiring harness was in place, and only needed a couple of splices and finised routing to the switch panel.
Sponsored