Jeep won’t start

Zack_98

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jk
My gf owns a 2018 Jeep Wrangler jk, this morning tried starting it and it won’t turn on. The break is hard to press and the push start won’t work. Tried pushing the start button with key and tried pushing the break down harder and it still won’t turn on, the check engine light came on after the first attempt to turn it on and the remote start has been acting up for a couple weeks now, anyone else have the same problem?
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My gf owns a 2018 Jeep Wrangler jk, this morning tried starting it and it won’t turn on. The break is hard to press and the push start won’t work. Tried pushing the start button with key and tried pushing the break down harder and it still won’t turn on, the check engine light came on after the first attempt to turn it on and the remote start has been acting up for a couple weeks now, anyone else have the same problem?
This is a JL specific forums but I'm not sure you have a JK anyway. The JK didn't come with push start.

There has been some issues of the non start and hard to press brake. Do a forum search but here is a start.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hard-pedal-jeep-wont-start.49747/

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I thought 2018 was the last year for the JK, I somewhat remember going to the lot and asking about the JK’s they had and was told the JL was a better redesigned Jeep and both were 2018’s but I honestly never looked to see what options were available.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I thought 2018 was the last year for the JK, I somewhat remember going to the lot and asking about the JK’s they had and was told the JL was a better redesigned Jeep and both were 2018’s but I honestly never looked to see what options were available.
They actually did both JK and JL in 2018.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Quick check would be to see where the rear license plate is or where the front turn signals are. JK plate above bumper, JL plate on rear bumper. Jk has turn signal in grill. JL has turn signals on the fenders

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
They actually did both JK and JL in 2018.
So did the 2018 Jk not have some of the shortcomings the JL has like ESS, if it did then I would say the ESS battery is a possible issue.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Dead/drained batteries? Have you tried jumping/boosting/charging?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The JK didn’t have push start. You have a JL.

The check engine light is always on when the engine is off and the ignition is set to run. If it is not, you have a bad pcm.

press the brake harder.