Jeep women with long hair - I need your help

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
A trip to a cruiser style bike shop might yield a few examples of head coverings you can actually lay hands on.
Sponsored

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester, 2019 JLU Sport S
This! I looked them up and think this is exactly the thing. Thank you.

Yes, we know that the high heels and high fashion isn’t conducive to riding topless on the weekend. Hence the search for something more practical for her hair. It’s not an issue with hiking or camping because her hair isn’t blowing all over the place at 65 mph. But I think this will work and looking at their website they come in enough colors and designs that I’m sure she can find something sassy enough for her tastes.
I find that they are the most versatile. A half Buff can act as a nice headband or longer head covering, while still letting my hair stick out, down, or pulled into a messy bun. (Bottom Middle) The longer "regular" Buff can be worn at the top like a head band, but let the rest hang to keep her hair completely flat and down behind her while driving. (Top Left)

buff-9.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You know I didn’t even think about this. I have the JTops USA full shade in a box at home that I haven’t installed yet because the full top hasn’t come off yet. That’ll probably solve the problem I think.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
When my wife was still working her advertising job (business casual) she would usually just put her hair up for the drive and then take it down when she got to work. Otherwise, she tended to favor the ponytail pulled through a nice hat (like a nike jogging hat or something similar). Never tried the buff bands but she did use hoo rags for outdoor and athletic stuff.

It is actually was much less of an issue in the Jeep than our previous cars. I think because she just accepts it as part of the package. When I had my old car, it was a constant battle of me rolling every window down and her rolling them up lol. But then she left the top completely off the jeep for like 4 months and commuted 40 minutes each way to work, so she definitely came around to it

Last edited: