First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So the Mrs. loves the idea of driving around with the top down. But I know her pretty well and her hair is going to be an issue. It’s long and she wears it down. We took off just the freedom panels Sunday and while she didn’t complain about the wind, her hair was all over the place. She said she loves top down but wants a solution that’s both practical and stylish. “Sassy” is her word. What do you do about your long hair with the top down? I can’t help because I’ve been shaving my head since the early 90’s. Not an issue for me.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So the Mrs. loves the idea of driving around with the top down. But I know her pretty well and her hair is going to be an issue. It’s long and she wears it down. We took off just the freedom panels Sunday and while she didn’t complain about the wind, her hair was all over the place. She said she loves top down but wants a solution that’s both practical and stylish. “Sassy” is her word. What do you do about your long hair with the top down? I can’t help because I’ve been shaving my head since the early 90’s. Not an issue for me.
My wife usually has her hair (normally down to her lower back) in a braid if we're going to be riding in the Jeep top off.

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
Ha!! I keep scrunchies and hair ties in mine. They are the staple go to for the wife and kids.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Well, I learned a long time ago with my first Wrangler, tie long hair back, otherwise you will have knotty issues. So, she has many options: braids, ponytail, ponytail with cool Jeep hat combo, scrunchy bun on the top of her head...lots of options:)

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
il_570xN.1698558090_tht4.jpg

...or some such thing ;)

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the replies. I think I’ve seen her with a braid maybe twice in 27 years so I don’t think that will be her style, but who knows? Ponytail/scrunchy might be an option. Baseball cap? Maybe?

I think what she might really like is an opportunity for some sort of stylish or fashionable accessory. This is a woman who loves expensive purses and high heeled shoes. Obviously that’s not going to be feasible for doing Jeep stuff, so maybe she wants something that gives her a little bit of that chic style but is still practical for riding topless?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Well, I learned a long time ago with my first Wrangler, tie long hair back, otherwise you will have knotty issues. So, she has many options: braids, ponytail, ponytail with cool Jeep hat combo, scrunchy bun on the top of her head...lots of options:)
Where you wrote “knotty “ my mind read “naughty “ and gave your post a completely different meaning for a second ;)

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Thanks for the replies. I think I’ve seen her with a braid maybe twice in 27 years so I don’t think that will be her style, but who knows? Ponytail/scrunchy might be an option. Baseball cap? Maybe?

I think what she might really like is an opportunity for some sort of stylish or fashionable accessory. This is a woman who loves expensive purses and high heeled shoes. Obviously that’s not going to be feasible for doing Jeep stuff, so maybe she wants something that gives her a little bit of that chic style but is still practical for riding topless?
So you want your wife in high heels, with a pretty purse, and topless? Maybe you're on the wrong forum?
Just joking of course! I always just throw my hair in a messy knot or pony tail. A hat helps tremendously also. Just keep some scrunchies/hair ties around your gear shift. That way, there's always some in the Jeep.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
With the freedom panels off, if you roll down the rear windows a little bit, it should smooth out the air flow considerably. There is a sweet spot that will yield the best results, you just need to find it.

Litebrite shows a perfect example... scroll to the 5:00 mark. They show it with the bestop sunrider, but the principle is still the same for the freedom panels.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So you want your wife in high heels, with a pretty purse, and topless? Maybe you're on the wrong forum?
Just joking of course! I always just throw my hair in a messy knot or pony tail. A hat helps tremendously also. Just keep some scrunchies/hair ties around your gear shift. That way, there's always some in the Jeep.
It’s been tooo cold so far to explore those type of topless possibilities. Give us some time... ;)

Scrunchies on my shifter??? No way. Maybe in the map pocket, or glove box, or console. I know me. My personality is too fastidious about my vehicle for that. I used that word because I’m trying not to say anal in this thread because I know that will derail things in a hurry. :LOL:

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
With the freedom panels off, if you roll down the rear windows a little bit, it should smooth out the air flow considerably. There is a sweet spot that will yield the best results, you just need to find it.

Litebrite shows a perfect example... scroll to the 5:00 mark. They show it with the bestop sunrider, but the principle is still the same for the freedom panels.

Thanks for the rear window tip. I guess I missed that video.

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
Something like this?

2A3B9B10-6806-448D-B0FF-1D9807EBAF88.jpeg
Sponsored