Sponsored

Jeep: Why not bring us these awesome Challenger colors?

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
My taste would tend toward something like a desert camo. If they offered a couple camo patterns like a (western) desert and a (eastern) forest, I think they'd sell like beer at a chili pepper festival.
I want a Desert Khaki color, like they’ve had on the Gladiator. I know I’ve seen a couple JK’s in that tan pearl tone, and really like the look. JL would look amazing in that color. I like the tactical look sometimes.
Sponsored

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
Another vote for F8, and add F5 as well.

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
If they ever offer it on JL I will trade whatever my current Jeep is on it no questions asked. Love the color
It was offered on the JK for a bit. Didn’t look as good as it does on the Challenger, imo.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You can have your Jeep PAINTED whatever color you like.
The cost would be less than trading just for a new color, and a good paint shop can do any factory or custom color, by using the paint code, or your choice

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
You can have your Jeep PAINTED whatever color you like.
The cost would be less than trading just for a new color, and a good paint shop can do any factory or custom color, by using the paint code, or your choice
I don't know, based on the current used car market I'd probably make money by trading in and custom ordering a new one. But I agree, you do always have the option to have someone paint it whatever you want. Custom paint jobs are scary in either you get quality or you get affordable and nothing with both.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
I don't know, based on the current used car market I'd probably make money by trading in and custom ordering a new one. But I agree, you do always have the option to have someone paint it whatever you want. Custom paint jobs are scary in either you get quality or you get affordable and nothing with both.
Since they dropped Tuscadero what is going to be the new color coming out??

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Indigo Blue is the same as Ocean Blue. F8 is too close to Sarge Green and Frostbite is probably too close to Hydro Blue. Sinamon Stick in real life looks like it came off of a 2002 Pontiac. Hellraisin isn't bad but Plum Crazy looks better.
Ocean Blue seems much darker; almost black at times. Indigo looks blue at all times.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I think both Jeeps and Challengers offer their own eye-popping colors! But I might be a bit bias with my Gecko and Header Orange rides!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep: Why not bring us these awesome Challenger colors? 34EAF6F8-95EA-401A-82E7-A67238A9521B
That HEMI Orange is a great color. Your picture doesn’t give it justice until one sees it up close.

I previously owned a 2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus in B5 Blue. It was a nice, retro color for a Challenger. I then had a 2018 Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket. Seems with YJ there was not much of a middle of the road......ya either liked it or hated it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep: Why not bring us these awesome Challenger colors? 965AECD0-0C47-4AD7-99A5-6E96E51A051B

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep: Why not bring us these awesome Challenger colors? 682F2DB3-8047-4943-B335-356BAB79325E

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I want a Desert Khaki color, like they’ve had on the Gladiator. I know I’ve seen a couple JK’s in that tan pearl tone, and really like the look. JL would look amazing in that color. I like the tactical look sometimes.
Good news for you, they are bringing Gobi (desert sand color) to the JL for 2022!

Since they dropped Tuscadero what is going to be the new color coming out??
It is unclear if they will immediately run another limited edition color or take a break. We should know more in a week once Jeep has their Jan allocation call and ordering update. What we do know so far, is they have introduced a few new colors to be released in 2022. The only evidence of what the colors will look like was found in this (yes grainy) Canadian brochure.

High Velocity Clear Coat (speculated to be a yellow, however it is not in the brochure sample)
Earl Gray
Limited Edition Gobi
Limited Edition Reign (Violet/Purple color, unclear how dark it really is)

35396668-962F-4F73-84B6-08676FEBD4DC.jpeg

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green JLU & 2014 Dodge Challenger
That HEMI Orange is a great color. Your picture doesn’t give it justice until one sees it up close.

I previously owned a 2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus in B5 Blue. It was a nice, retro color for a Challenger. I then had a 2018 Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket. Seems with YJ there was not much of a middle of the road......ya either liked it or hated it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep: Why not bring us these awesome Challenger colors? 35396668-962F-4F73-84B6-08676FEBD4DC

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep: Why not bring us these awesome Challenger colors? 35396668-962F-4F73-84B6-08676FEBD4DC
Thanks! My Challenger is Header Orange. Offered only in 2012&2014. Slight shade difference than the Hemi orange. I think it’s a bit deeper orange and yes until you see it in person it’s an amazing color! Nice looking rides you have as well!

DTOM76

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
They figure the consumer demographic is different for the Challenger, i.e. younger, more “boy racer”. Chevy did a complete billion dollar or something overhaul to the Corvette paint shop to offer now 12 colors. Check out the boring color pallet offered for the C8 - because most C8 buyers will be ~60+ yr old white males.
They figure the consumer demographic is different for the Challenger, i.e. younger, more “boy racer”. Chevy did a complete billion dollar or something overhaul to the Corvette paint shop to offer now 12 colors. Check out the boring color pallet offered for the C8 - because most C8 buyers will be ~60+ yr old white males.

I guess my 55 inner boy racer is still alive....thank god.

cars.jpg
Sponsored