Sponsored

Jeep went to Accessory on its own

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Have a JLU Sahara 6 speed manual. Sitting at dinner tonight and the JLU was across the parking lot, but could see it from where we were sitting.

All of a sudden the backup lights turned on (I leave it in reverse when I am parked).

We were far enough away (at least 40 feet) that we couldn't have had the proximity sensor pick up that we wanted to enter it.

I walked up to it and the instrument cluster was on with the backup camera on as well in the 8.4 Uconnect screen.

Car started without issue, but noticed that the ESS was disabled (I always do this at some point during driving). As we all know, ESS is enabled when first turning the JL on.

Have only had it about a month with less than 800 miles on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Seanmh72

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Just don’t want to walk out one day and find it dead.

JLs definitely have some gremlins.

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Almost seems like when you exited it was in run mode. Hence the ESS was still on. Is it possible the way the lighting was when exited. You didn’t notice reverse lights on?

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Demons be gone!!!! I'd brush it off for now. If it does it again, I'd take it in to the dealership!!!

OP
OP
Seanmh72

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Almost seems like when you exited it was in run mode. Hence the ESS was still on. Is it possible the way the lighting was when exited. You didn’t notice reverse lights on?
No, this was about 10 minutes after I exited the vehicle.

I had looked at the Jeep several times prior to the lights coming on.

But I do agree this is what it sounds like happened. It very well may be, but it doesn’t make sense that it was so long after exiting the vehicle.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
would say take it to the dealer report the problem, they will probably reflash the computer but this way it is in the system as a known bug so in 5 or 6 years if it happens again you can claim the earlier warranty fix did't and get it covered under warrenty
Sponsored