Jeep Wave TJ vs JL

Mud-N-Sun

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 2 door Sport TJ 2018 JLU Sport-S
So I have been a proud JL owner for a little over a month now and I have been driving it like crazy and I have noticed something I just can't explain. I don't get as many Jeep Waves in my JL as I do my 2003 TJ. Now full disclosure I have been a proud TJ owner for a fair number of years and during that time I have modified my Jeep here and there so it is not exactly stock. When driving around in my TJ I would estimate that I get about 75-85% Jeep Waves given returned. To include almost all TJ all YJ's and the very occasional CJ(you just don't see them that often). Now driving in my still fairly stock JL(side rails and a sunshade) I think I get about 35-45% percent of all Jeep Waves returned. Interesting enough I would say about 40% of TJ's 30 percent of JKs....and a 100 percent of JL's...and well 100 percent of YJs because they just rock.

Has anyone else noticed this. I still drive my TJ several times a week and get lots of waves and it is only when I am in my JL that the wave seems to be only half hearted. Wondering if Jeepers think I am Mallcrawler...lol. Anyway as always I will slowly mod my jeep out as I have cash to do so, and I will be curios to see if the Jeep wave is increased by the amount of mods or is based on my Jeep Model.

Either Way Wave on to all your fellow Jeepers...
Sponsored

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
In my area I'd say about 80% return the waves. Seems to be only the soccer mom types that don't. Teenagers to old folks all return them, just a bit in that middle crowd don't.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I don't see much difference in wave 'quantity" from our JKU to our JLU, and usually get more when there is a little less traffic going on or I get allot further out in the sticks. I wave at the older Cherokee's that have been lifted and obviously off road them, and usually get a return. Not always but I think they may have been caught off guard. It's all kinda cool considering the way the general climate is in the Country as a whole. That's how I see it anyway FWIW.

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first wrangler, but it seems in my area, it's about 75%, but I agree that the middle aged lady is the least likely to wave back. Haven't noticed any difference between models though

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my first wrangler, but it seems in my area, it's about 75%, but I agree that the middle aged lady is the least likely to wave back. Haven't noticed any difference between models though
They are probably too busy feeding Jr. or painting their nails and finishing getting dressed at 70MPH. (Just Kidding) you havent seen anything until you see a blond actually with her foot on the dash painting toenails on the freeway..... (not kidding)

Great color by the way!

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
In my area I'd say about 80% return the waves. Seems to be only the soccer mom types that don't. Teenagers to old folks all return them, just a bit in that middle crowd don't.
Same here...Rarely get waves from saharas,
YJ, TJ,JK and modded old Cherokees 80% wave, sometimes you just miss a wave or a return
The occasional CJ allways waves, but they are very rare to see, I see a few in my area.

Some people are just so unfriendly that waving to other jeep drivers is being too friendly for them.
Usually that snobby middle aged wealthy crowd, that aren't jeep enthusiasts, they are also the crowd that never has the top down, or doors off
Only real lifetime jeepers wave
Also maybe people are scared to wave?
like your driving around with your SO, and someone waves at you, and they get all crazy thinking your cheating because they waved at you or you waved at them because they do not understand the jeep community?

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2014 JKU Sahara 2004 Dodge Viper
Id say about 99% of men driving JK's wave back unless they have a [Banned Site] sticker...from my experience. Others driving JL's barely ever wave, leading me to believe its their first Wrangler and they just don't know the deal yet. About 20% of Pre-JK Wrangler drivers wave back, I imagine these are the douchey purists who think new wranglers are the devil. Also about 10-15% of women wave. You also must take into account the people who are a bit zoned out staring at the road and just missed your wave...I feel horrible when I miss someones wave.

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2014 JKU Sahara 2004 Dodge Viper
Same here...Rarely get waves from saharas,
YJ, TJ,JK and modded old Cherokees 80% wave, sometimes you just miss a wave or a return
The occasional CJ allways waves, but they are very rare to see, I see a few in my area.

Some people are just so unfriendly that waving to other jeep drivers is being too friendly for them.
Usually that snobby middle aged wealthy crowd, that aren't jeep enthusiasts, they are also the crowd that never has the top down, or doors off
Only real lifetime jeepers wave
Also maybe people are scared to wave?
like your driving around with your SO, and someone waves at you, and they get all crazy thinking your cheating because they waved at you or you waved at them because they do not understand the jeep community?
HEY, I have 2 saharas and I wave every time...that is unless Im too busy counting my stacks of cash, which is difficult to do with the roof and doors off.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HEY, I have 2 saharas and I wave every time...that is unless Im too busy counting my stacks of cash, which is difficult to do with the roof and doors off.
Counting cash with windows and doors off.

I never tailgate but in your case I might make an exception ""hey honey grab my fish net out the back HURRY"":surprised:

HDjeepJL

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
So I have been a proud JL owner for a little over a month now and I have been driving it like crazy and I have noticed something I just can't explain. I don't get as many Jeep Waves in my JL as I do my 2003 TJ. Now full disclosure I have been a proud TJ owner for a fair number of years and during that time I have modified my Jeep here and there so it is not exactly stock. When driving around in my TJ I would estimate that I get about 75-85% Jeep Waves given returned. To include almost all TJ all YJ's and the very occasional CJ(you just don't see them that often). Now driving in my still fairly stock JL(side rails and a sunshade) I think I get about 35-45% percent of all Jeep Waves returned. Interesting enough I would say about 40% of TJ's 30 percent of JKs....and a 100 percent of JL's...and well 100 percent of YJs because they just rock.

Has anyone else noticed this. I still drive my TJ several times a week and get lots of waves and it is only when I am in my JL that the wave seems to be only half hearted. Wondering if Jeepers think I am Mallcrawler...lol. Anyway as always I will slowly mod my jeep out as I have cash to do so, and I will be curios to see if the Jeep wave is increased by the amount of mods or is based on my Jeep Model.

Either Way Wave on to all your fellow Jeepers...
Nice, same here, waving to the Jeepers in my new JL and for kicks with the wife, i wave to all the parked ones as well. they get the Love too. New Jeep owner and i'm loving the ride and the culture! Jeep On!

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Around PDX I feel about 80% wave first or return my wave. I wave to every wrangler I see and I get a lot of people wave to me before I even get to it. I have even had other wrangler drivers wave to me across mulitple lanes of highways going the other direction. But we know there are plenty of people who really do not pay attention to their surroundings at all. I am just the type of person who is able to drive and take notice of many things on many levels- what other cars are in my view, what cool trees/plants/animals are around and I do this subconsciously nonstop- mainly because I care and take pleasure in enjoying the details of the world around me... Many other people don't care. They want facebook and the Kardashians.

The wrangler crowd I get the feeling lies more toward my end of the spectrum, but no doubt a few of those other "types" drive wranglers...as rentals while their late model gunmetal grey Yukon Denali XLTs are getting serviced...

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Top down doors off get %95 waves back %100 from other naked jeeps no matter make. Buttoned up probably %70 Like mentioned before down interstate multiple lanes and 50yard wide median if both are naked both are waving!:rock:
Sponsored