First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Moab
Occupation
Retired
Is the Jeep Wave program worth the cost? My free membership expires in November. Is it worth the $150 a year membership? With only 2 free oil changes it doesn't seem cost effective.

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Is the Jeep Wave program worth the cost? My free membership expires in November. Is it worth the $150 a year membership? With only 2 free oil changes it doesn't seem cost effective.

Thanks in Advance
It is not worth it, IMO, after the free stuff expires or is used.

Free isn't always Free and the dealership experience alone isn't worth the time and effort it takes to redeem your Wave benefits. You'll come out way ahead doing the oil changes yourself.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! 100x's yes! My jeep was in the shop for a service issue for over a month. called Jeep cares and they escalated the parts. they called the dealer on my behalf every 4 days and sent me an emailed update and on Friday of every week my rep would call me with an update. after it was all said and done, she opened a case and reimbursed my Jeep Payment for the time it was in the shop! HOLY CRAP! that is Awesome! I didn't know they could even do that.

Also, I own a Eco Diesel so my oil changes by themselves pay for the service for me. not sure about the gasser versions.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No one touches or drives Baby, besides myself. They typically put the most inexperienced service tech on oil change duty. Gotta start somewhere, but it won't be on mine.

Whether gas or diesel, it's just a filter, oil, drain plug, and fill cap. Only difference involved between the 2 fuels, is the need for stronger soap to wash the diesel soot off your hands afterwards.

I didn't use my freebies, for the reasons above, much less having to pay for the higher risk and larger devotion of time.

Sponsored

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No one touches or drives Baby, besides myself. They typically put the most inexperienced service tech on oil change duty. Gotta start somewhere, but it won't be on mine.

Whether gas or diesel, it's just a filter, oil, drain plug, and fill cap. Only difference involved between the 2 fuels, is the need for stronger soap to wash the diesel soot off your hands afterwards.

I didn't use my freebies, for the reasons above, much less having to pay for the higher risk and larger devotion of time.
i let them do the oil change so there is no chance in hell they can ever say that a motor issue is due to me not maintaining my proper oil changes or intervals. they will have no excuse. This is a 1st Gen revision Diesel, so I even bought the extended warranty. Let ALL of the liability fall on Chrysler/Fiat!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i let them do the oil change so there is no chance in hell they can ever say that a motor issue is due to me not maintaining my proper oil changes or intervals. they will have no excuse. This is a 1st Gen revision Diesel, so I even bought the extended warranty. Let ALL of the liability fall on Chrysler/Fiat!
Good point about being able to cover your interests, just in case. Knock on wood.

I keep all my dated sales receipts for both the Mopar filter bought from a dealer and the correctly specified oil from wherever. I log the dates, mileage, and what was done in the back of the owners manual. It has pages printed out just for the purpose of an owner that does their own maintenance. It's just as good as dealer logs.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Service is shit. Jeep Wave makes it “free” for 2 years, but doesn’t make it “good.” I wouldn’t pay extra for it.

BTW, I have owned Chryslers, Dodges and Jeeps for 30+ years: never have paid more than $35 for an oil change. Either Mopar or my local dealer always has some sort of special going on. Discount Tire does my tire rotations, balancing and repairs...free of charge. And they are everywhere on this side of the Rockies.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Service is shit. Jeep Wave makes it “free” for 2 years, but doesn’t make it “good.” I wouldn’t pay extra for it.

BTW, I have owned Chryslers, Dodges and Jeeps for 30+ years: never have paid more than $35 for an oil change. Either Mopar or my local dealer always has some sort of special going on. Discount Tire does my tire rotations, balancing and repairs...free of charge. And they are everywhere on this side of the Rockies.
ummm, yeah not a chance! Between All Pantastar motors requiring full synthetic oil and not the good ol’e 5 quarts, but 6 to 7 quarts it’s like$65 to$70 for a full synthetic oil change. The eco diesel is no different costing around $95.

If you do it yourself you can catch an Autozone deal on the 5 quarts for $25-30 with filter and buy an extra 2 quarts or like I do for my jk by 2 of the same deal and use the extra filter on the next change and just buy 5 quarts next time.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
imjester77,

Sure hope you're not putting 6 or 7 quarts of oil in you JL Pentastar??!!If so you'll be just like some of the Jeep dealers folks around this forum are glitching about!

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk

Just had my oil changed in the diesel covered by the Wave. The dealership had a "master tech" do the oil change. The service adviser informed me the express lube is great but preferred the master tech do this one. The service adviser apologized it took so long ( about an hour) to perform the service. The master tech also checked EVERYTHING over. I received a complete checklist of all the work preformed as well as a Car Fax for my Jeep at no charge. I was definitely okay with it.

On all my other Jeeps I changed the oil myself. Never used the Wave. From the last great service I experienced may extend the Wave.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my oil changed in the diesel covered by the Wave. The dealership had a "master tech" do the oil change. The service adviser informed me the express lube is great but preferred the master tech do this one. The service adviser apologized it took so long ( about an hour) to perform the service. The master tech also checked EVERYTHING over. I received a complete checklist of all the work preformed as well as a Car Fax for my Jeep at no charge. I was definitely okay with it.

On all my other Jeeps I changed the oil myself. Never used the Wave. From the last great service I experienced may extend the Wave.
I should add that my 30+ years of being a diesel mechanic in the private sector is a good chunk of the reason why I do my own work. Well, that is up until my recent steering box switch out. I needed them for the software update part of the job.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
imjester77,

Sure hope you're not putting 6 or 7 quarts of oil in you JL Pentastar??!!If so you'll be just like some of the Jeep dealers folks around this forum are glitching about!

Go Jeep!!!
my Jk always takes 6 quarts. Maybe it’s a fluke. Maybe I’m over filling it for 5 years but the dummy dots tell me I’m spot on so, I think I’m good. And since it’s full synthetic, it ain’t cheap anywhere! Even with deals and coupons. So there’s that.
Ana just FYI the diesel is the only one I use this service for because of its uncertainty! My jk is my build Jeep!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i didnt bother using the program becaise i dont want the headachce of the service dept. but really the main reason is the time. cant make it work with my day off from work and the their schedule. i just go down the street to my mechanic who loves working on jeeps. he can squeeze me in on a short notice. while its there, he'll check everything and top everything off.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my Jk always takes 6 quarts. Maybe it’s a fluke. Maybe I’m over filling it for 5 years but the dummy dots tell me I’m spot on so, I think I’m good. And since it’s full synthetic, it ain’t cheap anywhere! Even with deals and coupons. So there’s that.
Ana just FYI the diesel is the only one I use this service for because of its uncertainty! My jk is my build Jeep!
JK's take 6, and he was referring to the dealers who have been notorious for putting the same amount in the JL's that only take 5. Its the unfortunate result of what happens when someone only puts enough heart in their chosen profession to clear a paycheck. Going into the 4th year of the current generation, and the dealer "master techs" are still overfilling motors.
Sponsored