"Jeep Wave"program? Worth it or not?

Colleen

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
First time jeep owner here. What are thoughts on tbe "Jeep Wave"program? Worth it or not?
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Worth what? It’s free*.

* free as in I’m sure the value is wrapped up in the cost of the jeep anyways.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
First time jeep owner here. What are thoughts on tbe "Jeep Wave"program? Worth it or not?
It is “free’ as mentioned above.

what elements Of the program are you questioning?

if you are the type of owner that likes to do her own oil changes and tire rotations, then there is no benefit.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
“Free” is relative. Free of financial cost? Sure. How much time will you spend at the dealership while the oil is changed and tires are rotated? Will you trust that the tires are actually rotated? Will you trust that the dealership actually put 5 quarts of oil in your Jeep? When either of those don’t happen, how much more time are you going to have to spend arguing with the dealer about doing it correctly? How much more time are you going to have to spend while they redo their work?

I thought it was worth it when I started. Then I had tires not rotated when they stated they were. I had 6 quarts of oil put in the Jeep when it was stated it wasn’t. Time is worth something. If I had to do it over, I would have changed my own oil and rotated my own tires.

YMMV.

Sponsored

WBBP

First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
“Free” is relative. Free of financial cost? Sure. How much time will you spend at the dealership while the oil is changed and tires are rotated? Will you trust that the tires are actually rotated? Will you trust that the dealership actually put 5 quarts of oil in your Jeep? When either of those don’t happen, how much more time are you going to have to spend arguing with the dealer about doing it correctly? How much more time are you going to have to spend while they redo their work?

I thought it was worth it when I started. Then I had tires not rotated when they stated they were. I had 6 quarts of oil put in the Jeep when it was stated it wasn’t. Time is worth something. If I had to do it over, I would have changed my own oil and rotated my own tires.

YMMV.
+1 on this. Nearly 4 hours and 2 dealerships to get my first oil change done correctly. I’d put $0 value on it and use it as a lever in the price negotiation.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
+1 on this. Nearly 4 hours and 2 dealerships to get my first oil change done correctly. I’d put $0 value on it and use it as a lever in the price negotiation.
Out of curiosity, how would you use this as a lever in Price negotiation?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
nothing is free. and free usually comes with a headache. the thing is the jeep wave program is a couple of oil changes and either 4 or 5 tire rotations. (depends on the dealer). eventho i havent used my dealer service dept. i take my jeep to my mechanic (which is just down the road from me) that loves working on jeep and treats them as it was his own. so with that i trust my mechanic with my jeep vs the deler's garage. i just did my 5 tire rotation myself in the driveway. so it gives me a chance to inspect everything while the tire is off. i'm not planning on using the program nor do i want to sign up and pay money for it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I only use it for the free oil changes. I have free tire rotations and rebalancing through Discount Tire; I trust them more than my Jeep dealer, too.

OP
OP
Colleen

Colleen

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
It is “free’ as mentioned above.

what elements Of the program are you questioning?

if you are the type of owner that likes to do her own oil changes and tire rotations, then there is no benefit.
So when I went to enroll it said it was 150.00.........that was what I was questioning

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
it's worth about what you pay for it. (the free part)

not a penny more. if it isn't warranty, no dealer touches my cars. sorry. too many hack work for dealerships.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Sounds to me like a dealer trying to fleece you. Like the others say, it's a free service. :like:
It’s only free for the first two years. It’s $150/yr after that.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I used it for the first two years/24,000 miles that I had the Jeep. I figured that I'd already paid for it so may as well use it and not just throw it away, very much like the Toyota care that came with my 4Runner. I didn't see any sense in paying for things twice. I have two fantastic Jeep dealerships that I've used for service so I could count on them to do it right. It was also easy enough to drop off for the appointment while my wife and I were out running errands anyway. After the program expired though I saw no sense in paying to keep the enrollment going as I also have a local garage that I've used extensively over the years that does a fantastic job at a lower price.

The bottom line is whether or not there is value in it for you, based on your circumstances.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
So when I went to enroll it said it was 150.00.........that was what I was questioning
I wasn’t even aware that it could be extended and cost money after 2-years. Thank you for sharing that with me. I learned something.

personally, I would not pay $150 for it as it then means that I have to go to the dealer and deal with them. I live in a downtown highrise apartment and I can’t change my own oil or rotate my own tires on the property. That option doesn’t exist for me.

instead of dealing with the dealer, I would rather go to an oil change place or tire store. Faster and less hassle than the dealer.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
We only use Jeep Wave for the 4 free oil changes during the first 2 years. The service techs at our dealer seem to know how much oil to put in because I've checked and it is right at the full line.

Although the tire rotations are also free, I do my own because the dealer told me they only rotate them front to back on the same side. I always do 5 tire rotations in the the correct pattern and that ain't it.
Sponsored