Sponsored

Jeep Wave program apparently includes full synthetic oil change?

Tampasport

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler jl sport bright white
When should the first oil change occur? Should I be asking the service manager exactly what oil they are using?
Sponsored

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine per the jeep schedule. There are no "break in" oils and some swear you need to change it after 1k or 500miles but factory intervals on stock motors are fine. I'm up for my second oil change at 16k now. All is running well, I have a sample I am sending in just to be sure.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
When should the first oil change occur? Should I be asking the service manager exactly what oil they are using?
(1) Read the manual and (2) occasionally monitor the "oil life remaining" readout on the vehicle info display. (3) You should tell the service manager to use 5 quarts of 0W20.

Last edited:

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
0w20 is available in full synthethic or synthetic blend. Better ask your dealer to confirm if they use full synthethic or a blend.

Question: does the 0w matter in warmer climates vs 5w? Let’s say you live in the southwest, does 5w20 perform the same as 0w20 in warmer climates?

The JK 3.6 called for 5w20. Has anything really changed in the JL 3.6 to require 0w20 or is Jeep just trying to improve mpg by using a “lighter” oil?
The 0W-20 synthetic spec was updated to help keep the engine better lubricated after they went to the ESS stop/start systems. That's the story anyway.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
...Reality is most will trade in their car well before it hits 250 or even 100k, that seems to be to societal norm.
Not me! I plan to keep my baby til it can't go anymore lol. :brokenhearted:

Last edited:

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Not me! I plan to keep my baby til it can't go anymore lol. :brokenhearted:
Exactly so ! My JK requires 05-20 , per the owners manual . Goes 90 mph with no effort .

Also , I have found that I require Moet et Chandon , and Spaten premium , and Grey Goose L'Orange . ( For smooth running .)

colojeepr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubi
I was super psyched when I read the Jeep Wave benefits after purchase. Free oil changes and tire rotations is quite perk during the winter months.
Sponsored