Jeep Wave Oil Changes

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The JL and JT come with Jeep Wave benefits, one of which is 4 free oil and filter changes. Has anybody here with the JL EcoDiesel tried to use your benefits? I was wondering if they still allow it with the diesel engine. Apparently my '20 Ram gets the same benefits (called Ram Care, but same as Jeep Wave) and I'm currently trying to figure out if the diesel engine is included. I haven't found any disclaimers on their website that indicate it isn't.

If you can get 4 free diesel oil/filter changes, that's huge. That's valued at $1,000 at both dealers I've called so far, and neither one mentioned the benefits program.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
How much oil does that 3.0 take? I know diesels are going to have a lot more and a similar displacement gas engine.

Big Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU 2020 JLURD on order 2008 JKU 2015 GMC Denali Tow Pig
The JL and JT come with Jeep Wave benefits, one of which is 4 free oil and filter changes. Has anybody here with the JL EcoDiesel tried to use your benefits? I was wondering if they still allow it with the diesel engine. Apparently my '20 Ram gets the same benefits (called Ram Care, but same as Jeep Wave) and I'm currently trying to figure out if the diesel engine is included. I haven't found any disclaimers on their website that indicate it isn't.

If you can get 4 free diesel oil/filter changes, that's huge. That's valued at $1,000 at both dealers I've called so far, and neither one mentioned the benefits program.
Per my dealership it is included.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
I got clarification just now that the Ram Care plan only applies to trucks sold in Texas. Since Jeep Wave apparently covers all of you guys, take advantage of it!

Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,

ill ask my friend he just bought a new eco gen3 2020 ram laramie, he was just at the dealer picking up his rear seat covers, On that note did you find front seat covers for yours wxman? they even make em yet for the 2020 rams?

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I also asked my dealer if the Jeep Wave program applied to the Ecodiesel and they replied it does. I have a couple good dealers around me and plan to use the free oil changes for the Ecodiesel.

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
How much oil does that 3.0 take? I know diesels are going to have a lot more and a similar displacement gas engine.
Good question, I'm curious as well. My 2016 Camaro SS took 8 quarts for each oil change.

EDIT: https://www.planetchryslerjeepdodge.net/3-0l-v6-eco-diesel-engine-review.htm

They say " The 3.0L Eco-diesel requires synthetic oil and quite a bit of it. In Ram applications, it takes 10.5 quarts. In Jeep applications, it takes 8 quarts. " So, I guess it'll cost me the same (depending on oil filter price, of course).

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu

Why is it $1000? I have a truck that takes 12 gallons and has two huge oil filters and it's $200 to change.

Sponsored

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
Why is it $1000? I have a truck that takes 12 gallons and has two huge oil filters and it's $200 to change.
I am assuming you meant 12 quarts and not gallons ;)

And as to the $1000, I believe they are referring to 4x service changes for that price, which includes the oil filter. So. $250 per service. ~$50 more for a brand new oil filter? /shrug

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I am assuming you meant 12 quarts and not gallons ;)

And as to the $1000, I believe they are referring to 4x service changes for that price, which includes the oil filter. So. $250 per service. ~$50 more for a brand new oil filter? /shrug
No I meant gallons I still find it too much. I have jeep wave and I don't think I am going to use it. I added a catch can on mine and don't want any questions on it. Also I would like to go full synthetic.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
ill ask my friend he just bought a new eco gen3 2020 ram laramie, he was just at the dealer picking up his rear seat covers, On that note did you find front seat covers for yours wxman? they even make em yet for the 2020 rams?
I haven't but then again I haven't been looking. Mine has the $500 premium cloth seats and I don't want to cover those up.

You guys with EcoDiesel Jeeps get $1,000 worth of oil and filter changes for free during the first 24 months of ownership. Most dealers are quoting $250 per oil change in my area, which adds up to a $1,000 value if you get the first 4 free. Definitely take advantage of that!!!

The new oil spec for the Gen 3 EcoDiesel is MS-12991 and there are very few oils that meet that spec. Most that do are in the $10-15 per quart range. And then the oil filter lists for $92 because it's also a new design. I believe the fuel filter is around $60 and it gets changed every-other oil change.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
I haven't but then again I haven't been looking. Mine has the $500 premium cloth seats and I don't want to cover those up.

You guys with EcoDiesel Jeeps get $1,000 worth of oil and filter changes for free during the first 24 months of ownership. Most dealers are quoting $250 per oil change in my area, which adds up to a $1,000 value if you get the first 4 free. Definitely take advantage of that!!!

The new oil spec for the Gen 3 EcoDiesel is MS-12991 and there are very few oils that meet that spec. Most that do are in the $10-15 per quart range. And then the oil filter lists for $92 because it's also a new design. I believe the fuel filter is around $60 and it gets changed every-other oil change.
my friend doesnt think he got the free four changes,,,I'll be a bit torqued if he didn't get it part of his purchase (paid in full) and I'll let the dealer staff know next time i am in there

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
I got clarification just now that the Ram Care plan only applies to trucks sold in Texas. Since Jeep Wave apparently covers all of you guys, take advantage of it!
yeah, dealer finance mgr just texted me said RAM didn't have that program....maybe its a texas dealer association thing.
Sponsored