Jeep Wave Oil Change Plan

rcgait1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW F80 M3, 2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
So I am looking at my Uconnect account and I see that I have 4 oil changes and 4 tire changes with my new JL under the Wave program.

My question is I want to switch over to a full 0W-20 synthetic oil (does it come from the factory with a synthetic blend?).

Now if this program is going to give me 4 free ones with a full synthetic that would be awesome, if it allows me to supplement a full synthetic at a cost difference above conventional/blend that would also be acceptable.

Anyone now the factory fill for these rigs and anything about the program?
Sponsored

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
I think I read before somewhere that someone (maybe on their JK) paid a little more (probably the difference) to get synthetic oil filled under Jeep Wave

I'll probably just exhaust my 4 free oil changes for free and then use synthetic myself after that

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I haven’t had a dealer change my oil in years. Are they still using non synthetic?

ShannonC

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I JLU
So I am looking at my Uconnect account and I see that I have 4 oil changes and 4 tire changes with my new JL under the Wave program.

My question is I want to switch over to a full 0W-20 synthetic oil (does it come from the factory with a synthetic blend?).

Now if this program is going to give me 4 free ones with a full synthetic that would be awesome, if it allows me to supplement a full synthetic at a cost difference above conventional/blend that would also be acceptable.

Anyone now the factory fill for these rigs and anything about the program?
Current JL has full synthetic from the factory and the Wave plan will cover whatever the factory fill on the vehicle was. You should be good to go.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I just don't trust those cross-threading, under-filling, over-torquing monkeys, with good reason. I'd like my four oil changes and tire rotations in cash, please.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I don't think you can get 0W20 in anything except full syn.

I'm actually going to take advantage of the free oil changes for the purpose of having it all in the FCA system, and not having to track all my receipts, etc. If I need warranty work done in the future, I'll have no documents to provide.

As soon as the odometer hits 60,000, mine will never see the 0W20 junk ever again. Longevity means more to me than 0.004 MPGs.

RGlideKid

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer said full synthetic would be a small up charge. I want to say it was less than $30 for the diff.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you can get 0W20 in anything except full syn.

I'm actually going to take advantage of the free oil changes for the purpose of having it all in the FCA system, and not having to track all my receipts, etc. If I need warranty work done in the future, I'll have no documents to provide.

As soon as the odometer hits 60,000, mine will never see the 0W20 junk ever again. Longevity means more to me than 0.004 MPGs.
You can get 0w20 in a synthetic blend. Pennzoil Gold is most likely the factory fill. It is a blend.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I just did mine today at the dealer. $0, full synthetic, and they gave me a free rental for the two hours it took them to do the change and recall.

I wouldn't let them touch my tires though. After I had the KO2's installed, it took a 4' cheater bar to break loose the lug nuts on my first rotation. I honestly thought I was going to break the weld on my 4-way. If I had blown a tire on the road or trail I would have been SOL.
Sponsored