Sponsored

Jeep Wave (not from FCA)

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
So..... I've heard of the "Jeep Wave", and I'm new to Jeeping. My wife and I were driving home from the eye doctor today, and she said "why are all these people waving at us with two fingers". Living my whole life in Florida, I'm only used to getting waved at with one finger centrally placed. I guess I'd better start noticing and giving a friendly wave back.

Given the number of Jeeps in the State of Florida, I guess I am going to get Repetitive Stress Injury waving to other Jeeps. :)
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So..... I've heard of the "Jeep Wave", and I'm new to Jeeping. My wife and I were driving home from the eye doctor today, and she said "why are all these people waving at us with two fingers". Living my whole life in Florida, I'm only used to getting waved at with one finger centrally placed. I guess I'd better start noticing and giving a friendly wave back.

Given the number of Jeeps in the State of Florida, I guess I am going to get Repetitive Stress Injury waving to other Jeeps. :)
Yep, this is a more friendly type of wave than what you're used to. lol.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
You may get both from the same jeep, depending on the circumstances. :)

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

I’m sorry you lived in such a bad area of FL. I’ve lived all over FL for most of my life and I’ve never seen what you’re talking about. I’ve never lived in Miami but I know that area and other southern areas of FL is kind of not really “Florida”. That’s kind of their own state down there.
I have noticed many Jeep’s and many friendly Jeep waves though. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m sorry you lived in such a bad area of FL. I’ve lived all over FL for most of my life and I’ve never seen what you’re talking about. I’ve never lived in Miami but I know that area and other southern areas of FL is kind of not really “Florida”. That’s kind of their own state down there.
I have noticed many Jeep’s and many friendly Jeep waves though. 🤷‍♂️

I used to live in the Tampa Bay Area, not as friendly as when I grew up there in the 1980s. Now I live in Melbourne and it is much friendlier over here. I need to take my Jeep out to Ocala National Forest one weekend soon.

When I go back to Tampa Bay to see the folks or friends, I still drive like I'm in Melbourne. Many one finger waves as people fly by me at 90mph.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I used to live in the Tampa Bay Area, not as friendly as when I grew up there in the 1980s. Now I live in Melbourne and it is much friendlier over here. I need to take my Jeep out to Ocala National Forest one weekend soon.

When I go back to Tampa Bay to see the folks or friends, I still drive like I'm in Melbourne. Many one finger waves as people fly by me at 90mph.
Tampa traffic is really bad. There are lots of grumpy people on those roads for sure.

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
How I envision all of this once the Broncos start hitting the roads...

Bronco drivers giving a wave to a Jeep
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave (not from FCA) 1616707313764

Jeepers
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave (not from FCA) 1616706860281

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave (not from FCA) 1616707740903

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Remember, it also acceptable to vigorously shake your Jeep chicken at oncoming Jeeps in lieu of a wave. Yes, Jeep chickens are a thing, you are now welcome to flee or stay and be part of the circus.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave (not from FCA) 20210115_114615
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave (not from FCA) 20210207_150804

DISCLAIMER: NO CHICKENS WERE CHOKED OR OTHERWISE HARMED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS POST.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
You’re now part of the club. Welcome!

We’ll teach you the secret handshake after you’ve been a member for at least a year.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I pick mine up tomorrow. I’ll keep an eye out for the Sarge Green @AlgUSF and throw a wave your way as we are also in Melbourne.

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pick mine up tomorrow. I’ll keep an eye out for the Sarge Green @AlgUSF and throw a wave your way as we are also in Melbourne.
Congrats on the new Jeep, my wife and I have wanted one since 2005. We finally got ours this year. Did you order yours, what did you get? I'm not the patient type, once the clutch recall was cleared it was "game on" somebody in Brevard or Volusia county was selling a Jeep.

First thing I'm losing is the throwaway front bumper.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Congrats on the new Jeep, my wife and I have wanted one since 2005. We finally got ours this year. Did you order yours, what did you get? I'm not the patient type, once the clutch recall was cleared it was "game on" somebody in Brevard or Volusia county was selling a Jeep.

First thing I'm losing is the throwaway front bumper.
My Dad was always the one with a Jeep in the family. We all loved riding in it especially my youngest son who has autism. My pops realized taking the top down and taking him for a ride was like therapy because it soothed the sensory issues he has. He is very at peace in a Jeep. Long story short, we lost my Dad in January to a heart attack, so now I’m the one with the Jeep in the family. I ordered mine at the end of January. A black, 4dr, Rubicon with every package they offered except the proximity entry which I somehow overlooked. “Dark saddle” interior and a color matched hard top. I have a closet and garage full of stuff to install starting with an appointment with @Discount Tire on Saturday to install the wheels they helped me purchase. (Fantastic deal)

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Dad was always the one with a Jeep in the family. We all loved riding in it especially my youngest son who has autism. My pops realized taking the top down and taking him for a ride was like therapy because it soothed the sensory issues he has. He is very at peace in a Jeep. Long story short, we lost my Dad in January to a heart attack, so now I’m the one with the Jeep in the family. I ordered mine at the end of January. A black, 4dr, Rubicon with every package they offered except the proximity entry which I somehow overlooked. “Dark saddle” interior and a color matched hard top. I have a closet and garage full of stuff to install starting with an appointment with @Discount Tire on Saturday to install the wheels they helped me purchase. (Fantastic deal)
Wow, you went all out definitely post some pictures. I figure that I'll find you down at "The Compound" every weekend. I want to take some of the Jeep trails out at Ocala National Forest and camp, but my wife isn't too keen on backcountry camping. I need to get some wheels for my Jeep, hoping to find some nice factory wheels that someone took off a new Jeep. I did that with my Tundra, someone literally had 20 miles on a set of 1794 Tundra wheels and tires.
Sponsored