Sponsored

Jeep Wave - How about DIY Oil and Filter?

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares

How about giving those of us eligible for free oil changes a choice during these times of pandemic?

I really don't want other people in my vehicle any more than absolutely necessary I don't want to wait in a dealer waiting room either. I'd much rather do my own oil changes.

Could we have an option to get free oil and filter from dealership as part of the Wave program in lieu of having the shop do the change?

Thanks for the consideration.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Fair point, I would have no problem signing a "if I tragically lose life or limb while changing my oil I won't sue Jeep" waiver :LOL:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Since an integral part of the “Jeep Wave” program consists of being ignored and belittled by the Jeep dealer, FCA will need to have the oil and filter delivered to your house by your mother-in-law.

:LOL:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Can"t doit--the Dealer has to log in your vehicle VIN and SERVICE CHARGE for REIMBURSEMENT FROM FCA !

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
As much as many of us would love to get the materials for free and DIY the labor, it’s never going to happen for many reasons. A lot of legitimate reasons too.

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
The dork at my local dealer is not touching my Jeep. I will pass on the free oil changes, I always have done my own it don't mess with the warranty just keep your receipts.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Fair point, I would have no problem signing a "if I tragically lose life or limb while changing my oil I won't sue Jeep" waiver :LOL:
As much as many of us would love to get the materials for free and DIY the labor, it’s never going to happen for many reasons. A lot of legitimate reasons too.
Unfortunately signing a waiver does not free the party from lawsuit. In my line of work, we have to constantly take due diligence in avoiding any possible lawsuit - due to the laws of liabilities. Someone might signed a waiver, and if they burn their pinky (as texgoat said it) decided to sue for damage of the money loss from the burnt pinky, the waiver does not matter due to the notion such as - strict liability - which it is the imposition of liability on a party without a finding of fault (such as negligence or tortious intent). The claimant need only prove that the tort occurred and that the defendant was responsible (quoted from Wiki).

A classic example is when you see the yellow "Caution - Wet Floor" sign. If someone slipped and broke his leg that person would be able to sue the establishment with a high chance of winning because even though there is a sign, the person responsible did not do their best in preventing such accident from happening (by removing the puddle off the wet floor.)

OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh well, was worth a shot...

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept

Right because NAPA, Auto Zone and the rest of the auto stores get sued out of existence every day:computerrage:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Can"t doit--the Dealer has to log in your vehicle VIN and SERVICE CHARGE for REIMBURSEMENT FROM FCA !
This is just FCA policy. Policy's get changed every day. Most of the time for the worst but they could just change the policy. Your dealer has your vin on record or could very easily get it. Give them your info and your milage and pick up your jeep wave care package at the dealer shortly after.

Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Oh well, was worth a shot...
I think it's a great idea! But sad for all the Jeep owners, the corporate world would never allow for it to happen. Since, you know, the bone headed shop boy that they hire to do oil changes for minimum wage knows better than you and of course, with the V-6 engine he puts in 6 quarts of oil and not 5. Then you have too much oil in the engine and you need to take it back to the bone headed shop boy to pull a quart of oil out of the pan and he can't understand why because he thinks he put the right amount of oil in the engine in the first place! Then you get to fight with the shop manager to tell him his brilliant shop boy was wrong and you need to beg him to remove the 1 quart of oil so you don't have future engine problems. Then the brilliant shop boy removes well over 1 quart of oil and you end up short. You end up checking your oil level when you get home and realize you need to go to the local auto parts store to get a few quarts of oil to make the level correct! Damn! Why can't they just make it easy for the customer that pays well over $40K or more for a vehicle?

OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's a great idea! But sad for all the Jeep owners, the corporate world would never allow for it to happen. Since, you know, the bone headed shop boy that they hire to do oil changes for minimum wage knows better than you and of course, with the V-6 engine he puts in 6 quarts of oil and not 5. Then you have too much oil in the engine and you need to take it back to the bone headed shop boy to pull a quart of oil out of the pan and he can't understand why because he thinks he put the right amount of oil in the engine in the first place! Then you get to fight with the shop manager to tell him his brilliant shop boy was wrong and you need to beg him to remove the 1 quart of oil so you don't have future engine problems. Then the brilliant shop boy removes well over 1 quart of oil and you end up short. You end up checking your oil level when you get home and realize you need to go to the local auto parts store to get a few quarts of oil to make the level correct! Damn! Why can't they just make it easy for the customer that pays well over $40K or more for a vehicle?
A completely theoretical series of events im sure :facepalm: