Sponsored

Jeep Wave during a pandemic

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester, 2019 JLU Sport S
Hey Everyone. I thought maybe some of you might find this helpful. I bought my JLU in 2019 and Jeep Wave is set to expire soon. I reached out to FCA since I haven't used up all of the oil changes/tire rotations offered with the program due to not driving during Covid. They will NOT extend Jeep Wave for cases like this. Once it expires, you may submit a review for a one time courtesy service, but will not be eligible for other Jeep Wave perks. You are also not guaranteed the courtesy service, but I guess it can't hurt to try. In case anyone was wondering.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You can always subscribe to the Jeep Wave program, and keep getting the services/perks.

Although, I'd say a pandemic is the perfect time to rack up miles on your Jeep. Go find a trail somewhere. Off-road the Jeep, hike a trail, mountain bike, run, or just find a scenic view and watch the sunset.
Go enjoy nature, no need to be a shut in just because you can't interact with people.

OP
OP
MeanPeachMojito

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can always subscribe to the Jeep Wave program, and keep getting the services/perks.

Although, I'd say a pandemic is the perfect time to rack up miles on your Jeep. Go find a trail somewhere. Off-road the Jeep, hike a trail, mountain bike, run, or just find a scenic view and watch the sunset.
Go enjoy nature, no need to be a shut in just because you can't interact with people.
I haven't stopped driving it completely. I had my first off-road adventure during this pandemic actually. It was a lot of fun and after all I've been through with service, I was happy to not get stranded anywhere. I'll be upgrading some things now that I've actually gone wheeling with it. But it's definitely not getting normal wear right now.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Hey Everyone. I thought maybe some of you might find this helpful. I bought my JLU in 2019 and Jeep Wave is set to expire soon. I reached out to FCA since I haven't used up all of the oil changes/tire rotations offered with the program due to not driving during Covid. They will NOT extend Jeep Wave for cases like this. Once it expires, you may submit a review for a one time courtesy service, but will not be eligible for other Jeep Wave perks. You are also not guaranteed the courtesy service, but I guess it can't hurt to try. In case anyone was wondering.
I have the Jeep Wave program, but I do not use it. I don't like other people working on my cars. The program is great for most folks, but it is not for me.

OP
OP
MeanPeachMojito

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Jeep Wave program, but I do not use it. I don't like other people working on my cars. The program is great for most folks, but it is not for me.
I hadn't planned on using it, but I had a lot of trouble with my Jeep out of the gate, so I only wanted FCA hands on it for a while. I won't continue with it once it expires, but I know a lot of people take advantage of the program.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Like you two, I don't typically use the dealership for service. I did one visit using Jeepwave, but certainly not something I'd pay for. If I was the type to not do my own work, I would definitely consider it though.

In regards to driving. You're not alone, I'm sure there a lot of people who have been driving a lot less due to Covid.
I'm not a crowd person so even before the virus I spent a lot of time on trails (typically hiking or running them). I've seen a noticeable increase in the amount of people out there. As much as I dislike crowds I hope people continue to use them even after the anti-virus is fully distributed. Nature is big enough that we don't have to be tripping over each other, and I like seeing people (especially the kids) enjoying the natural beauty around us. This whole thing may have just jumpstarted a generation of outdoor enthusiasts who would have probably ended up glued to screens. Not that tech, and screen time are bad (we're on it now). Just that we shouldn't revolve entirely around tech and screens, and I think a lot of youth have gone off the beaten path, who otherwise wouldn't have.
Anyway, that's a random tangent.
The Jeepwave program is nice if you don't do your own work. If you do your own work, which I suspect a lot of Jeep people do, it's a bit underwhelming.

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
Just hit my 1 yr anniversary on my 2019 JL Sport and 4200 miles. I decided to make it a routine to at least every other day take it out if not daily on a mental health cruise during the pandemic to nowhere particular, just going someplace for a 30 minute or longer drive. With that I have taken 2 free Wave oil changes 6 months apart regardless of miles driven. I will do the same for the remainder of this F'n pandemic and my Wave coverage but have no intentions to extend it after the Wave's 2 years pass.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That sounds like a good plan. Keeps you from getting cabin fever and keeps the Jeep for sitting for long periods of time. I like it.
Sponsored